MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: Euro John Cooper Works Recaro CS Seats (Alcantara/Leather) - Heated w/Rails & Buckle

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Sold!

Category: Interior
Price: $5999
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R50, R52, R53, R55, R56, R57, R58, R59, R60
Location (Region): SoCal
Item Condition: Brand New

Sold!

Last edited by Alpha Motoring; 05-04-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Sold!
The following users liked this post:
Joshua P (04-14-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
Pickup only :( These seats are amazing. Sat in a set once. GLWS.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:09 PM
StuRat
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a set of these CS Sportsters in my R53 and they are definitely amazing. GLWS.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:24 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
For those of you who have sat in these and the GP2 seats, how do they compare? I’ve always wanted a set but have never had the chance to see or sit in them in person.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:04 AM
StuRat
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I owned a GP2 and the seats are nice but these are the real deal. Much more support and fit you snug. Depends on what budget you’re at as to which seat you get. Both are hard to find and these are almost impossible to find. Mine were custom made as I obviously couldn’t find any. I had an opportunity to get the GP2 Recaros but went with the CS instead.

The following 2 users liked this post by StuRat:
bratling (04-14-2019), Oldboy Speedwell (03-14-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 03:35 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
Agree with Sturat. He has these in his R53 and speaks from experience. My seat time was in an R56, and was brief. I also owned a GP2 with factory Recaros.

While the GP seats are fantastic, they are geared more for comfort and daily use. The Recaro CS are more snug and firm by comparison, with better side bolstering. Useable for street and occasional track, but not as extreme as full on race buckets.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 AM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Gorgeous is the word.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 AM
equinox92
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM sent.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
I can't believe your buyer "preferred" the stock seats over these!

Old 03-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich B.
I can't believe your buyer "preferred" the stock seats over these!
$6500 cheaper...

bratling (04-14-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 11:30 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Am I missing something...the red seats in pic...don’t remember that as a factory option?? But I also agree the recaro seats are awesome!

Old 03-13-2019, 09:38 PM
DGI
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Do these sit any lower than JCW Recaros?

My JCW Clubman has Recaros but im 6’6” tall. If these sit lower, i may have to crunch some numbers

Is access to the rear seat still possible?

Old 03-13-2019, 09:56 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They are amazing. But the problem is I feel that it’s going to be hard to find someone to spend anywhere near what you spent. But they are fabulous. And a must if your planning on doing a lot of track days.
Phil

Old 03-14-2019, 05:53 AM
milmast
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is the best offer you've had for these seats so far? I am interested in them.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 AM
equinox92
1st Gear
According to my texts with OP, he said he had a local offer of $5500... so... you can choose to believe that or not. Personally, I'd take that and run with it if it were true.

My very real offer of $3000 was laughed at.

OP doesn't really seem to want to sell these very much.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 AM
milmast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by equinox92
According to my texts with OP, he said he had a local offer of $5500... so... you can choose to believe that or not. Personally, I'd take that and run with it if it were true.
My very real offer of $3000 was laughed at.
OP doesn't really seem to want to sell these very much.
If I was offered $5500 I'd take it too. I thought $3000 is very reasonable for not only what they are, but given the fact that they are SEATS. But whatever, what do I know..

Old 03-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Received 736 Likes on 521 Posts

The last couple of posts regarding the price are quite irritating.

These seats have always been extremely rare in North America, and now that they're discontinued No-Longer-Available, I'd reckon that their actual monetary value goes up a degree.

Witness what someone was willing to pay for a very basic set of vintage Scheel seats:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/po...s-sport-seats/

Why did they pay $7,100?
Especially when there are modern reproduction equivalents available for much less?

The answer is that some people are highly detail-orientated and won't accept anything less than the authentic.

This is the case with these JCW seats.

They are authentic.

And they're tremendously difficult to find over here.

Although ECS Tuning did offer them at one time:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/52100446774/

I'm not sure how many actually sold due to the high cost.

Sidenote:
And thank you ECS for making the Euro MINI stuff so easily available for us North American Motorers!
I'm so glad y'all help us out like that!

Anyway, now back to the topic at hand,
Alpha Motoring is beyond reproach and the comments whining about the price in this thread are silly.

Why don't you guys who are complaining go try find your own set of these seats then post back and let us know how it went!

I have a feeling that won't happen!
LOL

Last edited by Oldboy Speedwell; 03-14-2019 at 08:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Oldboy Speedwell:
ECSTuning (03-14-2019), minidd99 (03-16-2019), scubus (03-17-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Hi,

I do not need to sell the seats at all like I said I will be using them in my R60 and these seats are extremely difficult yet almost impossible to find stateside. If you want them they're not cheap. Otherwise you can get Recaro CS for much cheaper.

I know of less than a handful of cars with them. I have more than one set of these which is why I would even consider selling this set. A few of you have send me offers such as equinox92 at $3,000 shipped which I am not considering.

For all those wondering, I have a committed buyer for the seats already, but at this point I will be putting them into storage or my R60.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 AM
equinox92
1st Gear
Whoa, okay.

No one is whining about a price here, if someone wants to pay $7000 for them, that's totally fine with me. I don't think I'd pay that much, but that's just me. I don't think there is any question about the desirability of the seats here by anyone (surely not me at least) but for some the links I'm sure are appreciated.

Everything i posted was just my opinion and interaction with OP.

Here is more of my opinion of selling things:

When people want to sell things, they put prices on them. If you want to sell something you KNOW holds a certain value, you name your price and don't solicit random offers. If you're soliciting random offers and "don't really need to sell them" it means you want someone to overpay for something and make it seem like you are doing them a favor. If you want to sell something and don't know the true value but don't want to undersell yourself, you set up an auction with a reserve at the price you're happy to see something go.

OP doesn't have a price listed and scoffed at offers he solicited, so to me that means they aren't truly interested in selling them, but rather trying to accumulate an unfair amount of money for them.

I could be wrong, but in the past (and in other markets more so than just Minis) I'm not.

End of my opinion.

The guy above was just asking about what kind of offers OP was getting, so I shared my experience. You can take away whatever you'd like from that, and people are sharing their opinions too, which is good and healthy.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Originally Posted by equinox92
Whoa, okay.

No one is whining about a price here, if someone wants to pay $7000 for them, that's totally fine with me. I don't think I'd pay that much, but that's just me. I don't think there is any question about the desirability of the seats here by anyone (surely not me at least) but for some the links I'm sure are appreciated.

Everything i posted was just my opinion and interaction with OP.

Here is more of my opinion of selling things:

When people want to sell things, they put prices on them. If you want to sell something you KNOW holds a certain value, you name your price and don't solicit random offers. If you're soliciting random offers and "don't really need to sell them" it means you want someone to overpay for something and make it seem like you are doing them a favor. If you want to sell something and don't know the true value but don't want to undersell yourself, you set up an auction with a reserve at the price you're happy to see something go.

OP doesn't have a price listed and scoffed at offers he solicited, so to me that means they aren't truly interested in selling them, but rather trying to accumulate an unfair amount of money for them.

I could be wrong, but in the past (and in other markets more so than just Minis) I'm not.

End of my opinion.

The guy above was just asking about what kind of offers OP was getting, so I shared my experience. You can take away whatever you'd like from that, and people are sharing their opinions too, which is good and healthy.
I’d be interested in knowing how my offer is fair or unfair. I posted what I paid, received a few offers close to that, and I declined your offer as it was about 50% less than what others offered. At the end of the day you sound a little upset that your offer wasn’t accepted. My reply to you word for word to $3,000 shipped was, “Not happening. I’ve got way too much interest locally and that’s probably the lowest offer I’ve received. Thanks though”. Nowhere did I laugh or scoff at your offer so please don’t exaggerate the truth. Furthermore I think you didn’t read I said local pickup only.

To me, I can justify paying what I paid for seats I knew that was becoming NLA, that was being sold for $2600-2700 on ECS when they had them. When I purchased them they were already discontinued from ECS. Keep in mind these seats typically do not come with rails or buckles, which I am including.

Last edited by Alpha Motoring; 03-14-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:32 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
If you really want something then pay the seller. If you dont really want something then make the seller a silly low ball offer. Sometimes I make offers for things on what I think they are worth, period. If it's not accepted then I walk with no animosity towards the seller. Yes they may be trying to make a buck, good for them, I do it too.

The following 2 users liked this post by I like mini clubman's:
milmast (03-14-2019), scubus (03-16-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:48 PM
ntubeusa
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just sent you text.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:50 PM
gns30
1st Gear
Just so nobody feels bad, I will now offer 29.95 shipped! I am now the self declared record holder of the lowest offer, thank you.😂🤣😂

aabcds (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:57 AM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
$1 shipped to Canada! If this were "the price is right" I'd win because everyone is over bidding! (All in fun)

Old 03-16-2019, 09:53 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
FYI, The seats are great, they literally transformed my car, almost as much as the Ohlins! GLWS

Quick Reply: FS:: Euro John Cooper Works Recaro CS Seats (Alcantara/Leather) - Heated w/Rails & Buckle