MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

SOLD:: Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Sledge
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates

Category: Suspension
Price: $700
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R53
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Less than 1500 daily-driven miles on this suspension setup. Koni yellow sport struts, Swift sport springs and Ireland Engineering front fixed camber plates.

$700 or best offer, plus shipping. Located in Reno, NV.

Thanks for looking! SOLD

Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates-bni1xpr.jpg
Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates-gi4zf3n.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates-20171028_124946.jpg   Koni yellows with Swift springs and Ireland front camber plates-20171028_124954.jpg  

Last edited by vetsvette; 03-27-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:32 PM
GFB
3rd Gear
Why selling?

Old 11-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
following

Old 11-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Subw00er
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
how much do these lower? non adjustable, correct?

Old 11-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Subw00er
how much do these lower? non adjustable, correct?

To the best of my knowledge, Koni Yellows are adjustable: https://goo.gl/cqt1jE

To the seller: do you have the spring rates?

Old 11-02-2017, 12:18 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Minibeagle
To the best of my knowledge, Koni Yellows are adjustable: https://goo.gl/cqt1jE

To the seller: do you have the spring rates?
The Koni Yellows are adjustable on rebound. The Swift spring rates:

Of course to compare apple and apple between cars one need to use wheel rate which takes into account the suspension geometries. I have this exact combo on my Mini and I am very pleased with it.

Their published drop is 3/4" front and back but it actually depends on your car's corner weight. I have found it perfect for road and track. The front seems to settle a bit more over time.

The following users liked this post:
Minibeagle (11-03-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Subw00er
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
OP will you sell them without the plates? I already have the IE plates! Or are these plates specific to the shocks? I dont think I have those three bolt holes there. Do these plates still use a rubber bushing?

Can someone give me the cliff notes version on the spring rates of this setup compared to a stock? I'm looking for it to be a _little_ (maybe 20%) tighter/stiffer with less corner entry setup/lean, I wouldnt want a bone shaker ride though as I'll never be on track, just spirited road driving.

Assuming these will fit a r52 JCW?

Last edited by Subw00er; 11-03-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:59 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pnwR53S
The Koni Yellows are adjustable on rebound. The Swift spring rates:

Of course to compare apple and apple between cars one need to use wheel rate which takes into account the suspension geometries. I have this exact combo on my Mini and I am very pleased with it.

Their published drop is 3/4" front and back but it actually depends on your car's corner weight. I have found it perfect for road and track. The front seems to settle a bit more over time.

Thanks for the awesome input May I ask why you went with Koni Yellows + Swift springs rather than going with a coilover system? I'm looking to upgrade my stock R53 JCW suspension. It's a semi-daily driver from April to November. I also autocross as much as possible and do 3 to 5 track days a year. IU'm trying to hit the right balance of comfort, performance and cost.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:31 AM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Minibeagle
Thanks for the awesome input May I ask why you went with Koni Yellows + Swift springs rather than going with a coilover system? I'm looking to upgrade my stock R53 JCW suspension. It's a semi-daily driver from April to November. I also autocross as much as possible and do 3 to 5 track days a year. IU'm trying to hit the right balance of comfort, performance and cost.
I don't want to overserve and sidetrack this for sale thread with my choice of this combination, and especially my post-install experience and assessments. My criteria of the suspension requirements are very similar to yours. I would consider coilovers only should I decided to turn my Mini closer to a race car, in which I can pick and choose just the right springs and dampings.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:14 AM
sherman89
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am running the same setup: Swift springs and Yellow Koni's, the shocks are adjustable on rebound only----the Swift springs are linear----the same as the seller and they are the same sink rate at the start of the collapse as at the end---they are not progessive as the stock springs are which means the linear spring as said earlier hits hard at the beginning whereas the progressive stock spring is soft at the beginning of the collapse and gets harder as the spring continues to collapse which translated to the car in a corner the progressive spring will allow the car to lean more than a linear spring. We have good roads in Florida so the linear spring is not a problem whereas Michigan(giant potholes) may be a different game. I hope this helps----for autocross if you have your choice the linear spring will be more aggressive in the turns(lean less which means the car turns in a little quicker) compared to a progressive spring with the same weight numbers. My main use of my Mini is autocross but it is driven in the street. The stock strut mount works with the Koni Yellows.

Last edited by sherman89; 11-03-2017 at 11:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sherman89:
Minibeagle (11-03-2017), Subw00er (11-03-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Sledge
1st Gear
Wow, thanks for providing so much information! Apologies to everyone for dropping the ball on my own thread - and huge thanks for the independent/objective input on the setup.

I didn't run them long enough - nor is my butt calibrated finely enough - to give detailed analysis. I liked the setup, I have coil-overs and pillow ball mounts on other cars, and they're great in the right circumstances. I wanted something that was still wife-approved in ride quality while feeling less wallow-prone. I thought this setup accomplished that.

I am the first to admit I confounded my variables by going from an open diff to an OS Giken one (up for sale soon too!), and better tires so I don't know how to apportion creditfor the car's new-found cornering "confidence." For my goal of injecting some more fun into the daily commute, I feel it was a good choice.

Brian

Old 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Sledge
1st Gear
Price drop to $700.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:45 PM
BruceWarne
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi, I sent you a pm about a week ago.
I’m still quite interested :-)

Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Sledge
1st Gear
Sold!

Sold!

Old 03-27-2018, 02:26 PM
MiniCooper_S
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Sherman89

Originally Posted by sherman89
I am running the same setup: Swift springs and Yellow Koni's, the shocks are adjustable on rebound only----the Swift springs are linear----the same as the seller and they are the same sink rate at the start of the collapse as at the end---they are not progessive as the stock springs are which means the linear spring as said earlier hits hard at the beginning whereas the progressive stock spring is soft at the beginning of the collapse and gets harder as the spring continues to collapse which translated to the car in a corner the progressive spring will allow the car to lean more than a linear spring. We have good roads in Florida so the linear spring is not a problem whereas Michigan(giant potholes) may be a different game. I hope this helps----for autocross if you have your choice the linear spring will be more aggressive in the turns(lean less which means the car turns in a little quicker) compared to a progressive spring with the same weight numbers. My main use of my Mini is autocross but it is driven in the street. The stock strut mount works with the Koni Yellows.

Where are you located in fl? I’m in Orlando and our roads are terrible with my coilovers. I’ve been wanting to switch from my bc to Koni Yellows/Swift any chance we could meet up and compare the two?
-scott