North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINI Parts for Sale (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-parts-for-sale-387/)
-   -   FS:: Few items: RMW Cam, flash tool, & a Fubrication GP wing (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-parts-for-sale/253480-few-items-rmw-cam-flash-tool-and-a-fubrication-gp-wing.html)

M!N!-ME 06-26-2013 09:58 PM

Mods please delete thread

3 Attachment(s)
All items sold! Thanks :thumbsup:

LüDICRöüS 06-27-2013 01:12 AM

Interested in the flash tool and cam. I'll message you in a couple of weeks to see where you're at with pricing.

Steve_Nes 07-10-2013 04:26 PM

Wing

interested in wing pmd

M!N!-ME 10-22-2013 03:27 AM

Items still available, and entertaining all reasonable offers :thumbsup:

sameer 10-23-2013 10:48 AM

interested, but you have them priced the same as RMW.

M!N!-ME 10-24-2013 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by sameer (Post 3830646)
interested, but you have them priced the same as RMW.

Actually if you read the post, I posted how much they cost from RMW and Fubrication and a link to each so the potential buyer can see the cost and what they are getting. Right under that I say I'm entertaining all reasonable offers....so where did I price them the same?

M!N!-ME 10-24-2013 04:13 AM

All items pending sales....if you pm'd me with an offer, you will be contacted if the original offer falls thru

cct1 10-24-2013 05:29 PM

Good luck with the sale--whomever buys the Flash tool, make sure you contact RMW BEFORE you buy it--it's definitely doable selling it and using it on another car, but you definitely want to have a plan with it before you buy it--it's going to have to be reset to your car's VIN, you really should contact RMW if you're planning on using it.

ACallahan 10-24-2013 05:38 PM

I think the seller said he never used the items, so the flash tool should not be mated to his car.

M!N!-ME 10-24-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ACallahan (Post 3831403)
I think the seller said he never used the items, so the flash tool should not be mated to his car.

You are correct...bought it from RMW personally, and never used it. Again....it is brand new, never used.

crankshaft 10-25-2013 05:39 AM

Why give this guy a hard time, just shoot him some offers!
He is in freakin Afganistan for God sake, so we can be here making stupid comments about mini coopers from our warm safe houses!
Thank you man, stay safe!

Swimbaxter 10-25-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by crankshaft (Post 3831567)
Why give this guy a hard time, just shoot him some offers! He is in freakin Afganistan for God sake, so we can be here making stupid comments about mini coopers from our warm safe houses! Thank you man, stay safe!

Exactly! Thank you for your service. Keep your head down and be safe.

mp5999 10-25-2013 07:10 AM

Sent pm on the wing ???

cct1 10-25-2013 11:03 AM

Not giving anyone a hard time, but it's going to suck for someone who buys a flash tool mated to a car, and has to pay to have the flashtool reset--which is exactly what happens, it's propietary, and it's not an RMW thing but because of the company that sells the flash tool. Again, I'd call RMW, but that's just me. It costs RMW 50 bucks from alientech to reset the tool for you (at least it used to be 50 bucks), which is kind of good to know up front. One simple phone call (and the buyer is going to have to call RMW at some point anyway, and hopefully already has), everyone is happy. I'm not sure how that constitutes giving the seller a "hard time", there is no reason the flash tool can't be sold, but many people aren't aware what's involved, seen it happen more than once....

The fact that it's not been used, it SHOULD be ok, but it will have to mated to the VIN of whomever buys it, and that is why whomever buys it should contact RMW so there are no misunderstandings, because in the end that's who's going to use it to tune. Everyone is happier that way, especially the buyer.

In no way, shape or form am I criticizing the seller, this is something sellable, but this has been a headache for others who have bought used flash tools expecting plug and play. It's not.

scoopy 10-25-2013 05:43 PM

I asked jan a couple of weeks ago how much would it cost me if i will have to reset a used flash tool and he emailed me 150usd

cct1 10-25-2013 08:22 PM

May be more now, but that price is set by alien tech, not RMW, RMW has no control over what alien tech charges. Jan charges for the tunes, not the resets.

In any case it's still best to contact RMW before getting the flash tool, wether it be used or new, just my .02. Despite opinions to the contrary, I'm not trying to rain on any parades, selling the flash tool is totally doable and legitimate, it's just easier all the way around if its been communicated to the tuner so there are no surprises. There have been issues on occasion in the past, all due to lack of or miscommunication, if done right there shouldn't be any here.

astroBlackMetallic_Mini 02-05-2014 06:18 AM

cam still available?!

also regarding the flash tool: does anyone know if "anyone" can tune on that flash tool? (like way motor works, ect, other tuners) or if those are generally specific to who does the tuning?

second flash tool question: does it come with any maps already? that i can use until i am ready for a custom tune? thanks!

M!N!-ME 05-18-2015 07:04 AM

I completely forgot about this stuff until I bumped into it going through my storage unit this weekend. I only ever got lowball offers, so this stuff is still for sale(except the cam). I would keep it, but the likelihood of me getting another MINI any time soon is slim and I would rather let it go to someone that would use/enjoy it.

Anyone?!?

rosaymaan 05-18-2015 09:14 AM

Cam and tool

Hey is the cam and flash tool still avail?

It looks like it costs 150 to mate the tool to my vin. Will you take $100?

M!N!-ME 05-18-2015 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by rosaymaan (Post 4082559)
Hey is the cam and flash tool still avail?

It looks like it costs 150 to mate the tool to my vin. Will you take $100?

Yes they are and it will not cost you $150 to mate to your VIN. That cost is associated with resetting a used tool, which this one is not. So I have to decline that offer...

samxedge 05-19-2015 11:35 AM

Wing still available?

M!N!-ME 05-19-2015 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by samxedge (Post 4083066)
Wing still available?

PM sent

nivens56 05-19-2015 07:54 PM

Flash tool available?

M!N!-ME 05-21-2015 04:50 AM

Flash tool & cam have been sold.

Thanks "pfanara"

Wing still available

NC TRACKRAT 05-21-2015 05:45 AM

PM sent