North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-motoring-club-of-the-carolinas-m2c2-45/)
-   -   Let's help out 4-H!!! (and Hendrick...oh, and it involves beach) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-motoring-club-of-the-carolinas-m2c2/114059-lets-help-out-4-h-and-hendrick-oh-and-it-involves-beach.html)

pwjcw 09-15-2007 06:10 AM

Let's help out 4-H!!! (and Hendrick...oh, and it involves beach)

Hello to all.

I was wondering if I could gauge some interest for an event in Brunswick County, NC (it is my understanding that this is the county right next to Myrtle Beach). I have been talking with an individual from the Brunswick County 4-H, that has been given a Mini hardtop to raffle off (from Hendrick) to help the 4-H community.

He would like to escalate interest in the vehicle by having other Mini's on hand to "show off" the vehicle...it is my understanding that he does not have his vehicle yet (so he can not show off something that he does not have). He suggested the Brunswick County Fair sometime between Oct. 25 to Nov 3rd. Maybe the weekend of the 27th or on Nov. 3rd?

Since this car is being donated from Hendrick, and since they are our primary sponsor, I would like to get a ton of vehicles there to promote 4-H (and Hendrick). Who would be interested in doing this? We can get people from the Raleigh area as well as, the Charlotte and Columbia areas. I would like to get back in touch with him on possible interest, so he can get other marketing "extras" like a radio station and the such.

Thanks!

David P. Wilson

BLUCOOPR 09-15-2007 07:33 PM

If its a Mini Raffle have it posted on Northamericanmotoring.com Take it to Wilmington and Charleston Car Shows. Sell tickets there.

lilruffcat 09-16-2007 06:53 AM

The third of nov is going to be tough.. thats the weekend of minis slay the slumbering dragon, AND wilmington..
I would be willing to bring my car up the 27th... I could in theory come up on friday and leave to come back to cola on saturday.. its a thought.. not sure of the day that is.. just let us know.. and im sure a few of us from columbia would be glad to come up and help! Also how much are the tickets... and where do i get mine!! :).. You can count on the Union Jackee to help out.

BLUCOOPR 09-16-2007 03:28 PM

David, have him get ahold of Mark Fergerson founder of Northamericanmotoring.com get all the details and put
it on the board for all of america to see and buy tickets.

pwjcw 09-16-2007 06:38 PM

Lilruffcat,

Thanks for the message. I will definitely take that into account...maybe the 3rd is out! I would like to get a half dozen or so minis over there (or more) to help him out. Do you think the 27th is a good weekend for your crew?

I was told by the gentleman that the event is actually at the Wilmington airport (and not in Brunswick county like I originally speculated) for the time period previously specified. This would give us great exposure.

Luke,

I will talk to the gentleman concerning restrictions on who can buy the tickets (maybe only NC residents, hypothetically), and if he wants to reach a wider base I will definitely give him his name...that is a great idea.

What do you have going on the 27th? Anyone in Charlotte interested?

Thanks!

Dave

lilruffcat 09-17-2007 04:31 AM

:thumbsup: The 27th is fine for us.. we will be there

pwjcw 09-17-2007 10:32 AM

Thanks a ton for your help!!!!! I will get back to you soon regarding details!

David P. Wilson

pwjcw 09-23-2007 05:09 PM

Just want to bump this back up...to see if anyone else is interested? Anyone in the Charlotte area?

Dave