Mini/MINI BUILDS Showcase your Build Talents.

N14 Custom Exhaust Manifold

Old 05-17-2019, 02:38 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
N14 Custom Exhaust Manifold

I’ve been looking for a long-tube header as my next upgrade. All I can find are a couple from Italy —- Scara73. RPM Canada is developing one but it’s only available as part of their stage 4 upgrade which includes a turbo, external waste gate, oil filter housing relocation, and maybe even the down pipe —- way too big a package for me, and last I checked, it was still a prototype —- not available.

I’m hoping to find somebody in the USA that has one already designed to fit the ’07 R56 engine compartment. There’s always a local shop that says they can build one, but they need the car for a month or so to “tailor” a fabrication. I can’t live with that. It doesn’t need to be designed for “twin scroll”, the turbo will have a built-in waste gate, the flange ports will need to be slightly enlarged to match the head ports (which I can do), the turbo needs to be mounted near the top rather than below all the tubes —- to ensure oil drainage, and the turbo flange might need to be an option (I haven't yet ordered the turbo).

So far, the Scara73 Kit 350 can be made to satisfy these requirements. Is this the only source?