MINI E Talk (2010) Discussion of the electric, zero-emissions field trial MINI. Only 500 to be leased by MINIUSA!

Tax credit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Greg802
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tax credit

If BMW were willing to answer the below questions, all Mini E leasees could receive a $7500 dollar Tax credit. The questions seem rather tame or am I missing something?

.03 Content of Certification. The certification must contain the information required in section 5.03(1) of this notice and any applicable additional information required in section 5.03(2) or (3) of this notice.
(1) All Vehicles. For all vehicles, the certification must contain the following:
(a) The name, address, and taxpayer identification number of the certifying entity.
(b) The make, model, model year, and any other appropriate identifiers of the motor vehicle.
(c) A statement that the vehicle is made by a manufacturer.
(d) A statement that the vehicle is a motor vehicle within the meaning of section 4.03 of this notice.
(e) The amount of the credit for the vehicle (showing computations).
(f) The gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle.
(g) A statement that the motor vehicle draws propulsion using a traction battery with at least 4 kilowatt hours of capacity.
(h) The number of kilowatt hours, if any, in excess of 4 kilowatt hours.
(i) A statement that the vehicle uses an offboard source of energy to recharge the battery.
(j) A statement that the vehicle complies with the applicable provisions of the Clean Air Act.
(k) A statement that the vehicle complies with the applicable air quality provisions of state law of each state that has adopted the provisions under a waiver under § 209(b) of the Clean Air Act or a list identifying each state that has adopted applicable air quality provisions with which the vehicle does not comply.
(l) A description of the motor vehicle safety provisions of 49 U.S.C. §§ 30101 through 30169 applicable to the vehicle and a statement that the vehicle complies with those provisions.
(m) A declaration, applicable to the certification, statements, and any accompanying documents, signed by a person currently authorized to bind the manufacturer (or, in the case of a foreign vehicle manufacturer, its domestic distributor) in these matters, in the following form: “Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this certification, including accompanying documents, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, the facts presented in support of this certification are true, correct, and complete.”
(2) Passenger Vehicles and Light Trucks. If the vehicle is a passenger vehicle or light truck (determined after application of the limitations in section 4.06 of this notice), the certification must also contain the following:
(a) A copy of the certificate of conformity under the Clean Air Act.
(b) Documents demonstrating that the vehicle meets or exceeds the equivalent qualifying California low emission vehicle standard under section 243(e)(2) of the Clean Air Act for that make and model year.
(c) In the case of a vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating of 6,000 pounds or less, documents showing that the vehicle meets or exceeds the Bin 5 Tier II emission standard established in regulations prescribed by the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency under section 202(i) of the Clean Air Act for that make and model year vehicle.
(d) In the case of a vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 6,000 pounds, but not more than 8,500 pounds, documents showing the vehicle meets or exceeds the Bin 8 Tier II emission standard which is so established.