MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI) The MINICCI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.MINICCI.org

Walnut Blasting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 PM
chav
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Walnut Blasting?

Does anybody know a local shop that does walnut blasting? I live in the Dayton area but I don't mind making a trip or even a weekend. I think I will give Detroit Tuned a call and see if they do it. I'm sure they do it more of less want to know the price

Old 12-06-2016, 07:46 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
My opinion and advice, do NOT do it. I bought a dead that looked very clean from blasting, but one valve was chipped (engine killed). I'm also rebuilding an engine for a fellow NAM member, and his engine was also serviced. walls are scratched, and one wall was actually damaged with piston breaking from the side.

If you have to do it, PLEASE have them WASH the chambers really good before starting the car.

Good luck.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:34 PM
05r50
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Check with Best motorwerks in Columbus. Shorter drive. Good shop for BMW and MINI. http://www.bestmotorwerks.com

Not sure of their price.

As far as should you do it or not, well it will make a huge difference on those valves. Or you can do it by hand with a lot of picking and scrubbing and solvent.

I ve never heard of an engine being damaged from a competant technician doing this.