MINI Camera and Video Interested in capturing your motoring experience? Discuss here your favorite video and photography skills using your MINI.

At the Tattoo Parlor (not for the faint)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the Tattoo Parlor (not for the faint)

As usual I've been slacking on posting my photos for everyone to view. So here's a couple new ones.
A friend of mine is in the Marines and had planned on (over time) finishing her tattoo. Recently the Marine corp put restrictions on new tattoos below uniform sleeve line so she was forced to finish it NOW or wait 9 years...she opted for now. Her artist was Jason from Absolute Tattoo in San Diego,CA. He did an amazing job and has my seal of approval. I only wish I'd taken a shot of the finished version...maybe next time I see her
(if anyone else has tattoo shop pics, please feel free to share or discuss )

Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
JDR
3rd Gear
yaaay for tattoo gore. That reminds me, i need to start my second sleeve and chest piece.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Originally Posted by StoopidGirl
Her artist was Jason from Absolute Tattoo in San Diego,CA. He did an amazing job and has my seal of approval.

I've heard terrific things about Jason! I have an old tat that isn't looking so great any more...and I'm contemplating having it overwritten with a MINI wings logo.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
well if you go to him make sure to tell him I sent you...I'm sure he'll appreciate it...and if you go to him within the next 2 weeks make sure to let me know so I can come take pictures! (isn't the MINI wings a bit...umm...cultish )
I'm in serious need of a new tattoo as well....darn that whole being broke thing

Last edited by StoopidGirl; 04-10-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
and if you go to him within the next 2 weeks make sure to let me know so I can come take pictures! :D (isn't the MINI wongs a bit...umm...cultish :P )
.........pictures, eh? Aren't you interested in first knowing where exactly these "wongs" on going to be emblazoned?!

Oh wait...lest I forget who I'm talking to.

Calling him now...let's see if he's awake yet.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Mhmmmm...as suspected, he's still sleeping. Well, actually, Mon/Tues are his days off. He'll be in tomorrow after 2:00. He's the "night guy". I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
Yay, I love tattoo ****!

Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
mozzarella
Banned
I really don't understand why anybody wants to get a tattoo I just don't get it. I've seen the old men with the tattoo's they got 50 years ago and it does not look good. Someday you to shall be old or middle aged.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Permanent sign...

This looks like a fine place for a saying I heard from my sister a few years ago when she was trying to figure out how best to alter a tat of her ex boyfriends name on the back of her neck.

"A tatoo is a permanent sign of temporary insanity."

Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Originally Posted by roach
I really don't understand why anybody wants to get a tattoo I just don't get it. I've seen the old men with the tattoo's they got 50 years ago and it does not look good. Someday you to shall be old or middle aged.
It's art. Plain and simple. And not all art ages well. But I really don't think I'm going to be worrying about how my tattoos look when I'm 70+. I think there'll be more important things to worry about.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Agreed. If I had it to do all over again, I'd never get a tattoo. However, since I made the mistake 20 years ago, the "overwrite" I'm planning is simply making an old mistake look decent again. Overwriting an old tattoo is easier (and less costly) than removal...and fortunately, it's in an obscure location that only a select few get to see...uhm, until Stoopidgirl posts pics.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
JDR
3rd Gear
tatto ink and medical science in general has developed significantly in the last 50 years.....

and aside from that, the reasoning someone uses for what they decide to do to their own body (assuming it doesn't hurt anyone else) is no business but their own.

I never wanted to be different, I just wanted to be me

Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are not the same person, nor are they me!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
JCWGrover
4th Gear

Nor are these ME!

Last edited by JCWGrover; 04-10-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
JDR
3rd Gear
dad? uncle?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
You're never too old for ink. I'm 58 and still working on my tattoo. I've only got the one but it still has some holes....

Old 04-10-2007, 02:55 PM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
yah but this is me !!

Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
WOW! Really?! niiiiiice!
I think I may ignore my computer tonight and try and draw my next one. I totally can't afford it but it never hurts to be prepared. I've had an idea for years of something I want and for soem reason today it seems to be snapping properly into place inmy head...as for getting older...Meh whatever, that's what touch-ups are for. There are plenty of super cool old people with tattoos (I'm to lazy and busy at work right this second to actually have a legitimate conversation on the subject...maybe later)

Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
oh yeah...here's one of mine...it's one of my favorites. My tattoos are sort of scattered, one day I'll have the money to pull them all together

Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
CARdiac
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PassatDoTd
But I really don't think I'm going to be worrying about how my tattoos look when I'm 70+. I think there'll be more important things to worry about.

Classic!

I actually like body art. When it is done well it can be a great form of self expression. Many times people get a tattoo because it is fashionable... that is where you get the barbwire on the arm that looks like a picket fence in 20 years. I have to agree that not all art ages well, but the history and reasons for the tattoo can be great. Since I work in hospitals I see many tattoos that are pretty old. I enjoy the stories that come with them, maybe that is why I see them as I do. I will give you an example. I had a gentleman years ago who had an American Eagle that was crying. It was old school ar work, faded and somewhat misshapen. When I asked the meaning this 80+ y/o pointed to the tattoo and explained the number of feathers were the number of friends he lost at Pearl Harbor, the number of tears were the wounds he received at Pearl Harbor... I asked why the talons were empty since that was not normal for the symbol. This is where it hit home to me. He left the talons open and empty because he felt empty and angry after surviving PH (survivor's guilt) and planned to fill the talons when the guilt and emptiness left him. Notice I said the talons were still empty at 80…….

Ok, I may have ranted a little here, but truly what someone does with their own body is up to them… sometimes I ask myself why a kid would tattoo his neck and wonder if they will ever be able to get a professional job with it showing… but that is their choice. BTW, I love the show Miami Ink and no I do not have any Tattoos

As for the pictures, StoopidGirl I ike the pictures

Old 04-10-2007, 07:11 PM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
What if I DON'T live to be old or middle aged? I don't want to die tomorrow and be like.. "well crap, guess i really should have gotten that tattoo i really wanted." i live life for now. plus, 50 years from now, the rest of me will be just as wrinkly and droopy as my ink. so why does it matter?

Originally Posted by JDR
tatto ink and medical science in general has developed significantly in the last 50 years.....

and aside from that, the reasoning someone uses for what they decide to do to their own body (assuming it doesn't hurt anyone else) is no business but their own.

I never wanted to be different, I just wanted to be me

i LOVE bme! some of my scarification pics should be up there shortly i never submit my tat pics though because i worry about copycats

Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
alpha-6
2nd Gear
Here's mine about a year ago :

Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
these are the same night as the one from "show us your face!"

what is going on here!? Chris and Wes look kinda intimidating in their little masks. Angela of Underground Art took these pics.

i look kinda disheveled here.. or sleepy.

that was a fun night. not to mention everyone up there is awesome.

these pics aren't as fun as Em's, but they're the only ones i could find of the actual INSIDE of the tattoo place. i guess i never take pics when i'm there.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
is the bald guys name Chris? that looks like a tattoo guy I know from back home named Chris...that would be random :p

Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
is the bald guys name Chris? that looks like a tattoo guy I know from back home named Chris...that would be random :p

Yah.. LOL that would be random. Where is 'back home'? As far as I know, he grew up around here. Not positive though.

Quick Reply: At the Tattoo Parlor (not for the faint)