MINI Camera and Video Interested in capturing your motoring experience? Discuss here your favorite video and photography skills using your MINI.

Go Pro [H4] and You Tube...

Old 12-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Go Pro [H4] and You Tube...

I pretty much know there is no solution to end up with more sharpness. I have been searching an answer forever. I have even read that You Tube will process sharper if the channel is one with many [1000's] of views which really seems unfair.

Hero Silver Go Pro 4. 1080p, ISO 400, Pro Tune, medium view... Those are I have found the best settings. Very sharp on my end, meaning on my laptop. I have even tried 4K Wide but of course through You Tube [and much time!] the results are the same.

Wondering if I am missing something here, maybe someone knows something I don't.

If you notice the stills are very sharp... not however at speed.

Thanks...

Old 12-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Blue R50
3rd Gear
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts
I wish I could help, but I have filmed several things in 1080p for my channel that come out looking like hot garbage on my channel. I always thought that it was just my phone's relentless need to seek out faces rather than being able to focus on technical things, but now I'm not so sure.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:58 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Blue R50
I wish I could help, but I have filmed several things in 1080p for my channel that come out looking like hot garbage on my channel. I always thought that it was just my phone's relentless need to seek out faces rather than being able to focus on technical things, but now I'm not so sure.
The same has been on Vimeo. Short one as they demand a monthly fee otherwise.

The question remains! Just watched a Mini drive on a track and why was it so sharp?...

Good luck and if I ever find an answer I will let you know...

Old 01-07-2020, 09:41 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Beemerchef
I pretty much know there is no solution to end up with more sharpness. I have been searching an answer forever. I have even read that You Tube will process sharper if the channel is one with many [1000's] of views which really seems unfair.

Hero Silver Go Pro 4. 1080p, ISO 400, Pro Tune, medium view... Those are I have found the best settings. Very sharp on my end, meaning on my laptop. I have even tried 4K Wide but of course through You Tube [and much time!] the results are the same.

Wondering if I am missing something here, maybe someone knows something I don't.

If you notice the stills are very sharp... not however at speed.

Thanks...

https://youtu.be/VC16kFWaYfo

Heavy video compression!!!

Old 01-16-2020, 08:27 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Received 607 Likes on 479 Posts
How come you keep crossing the line, c'mon . These can handle better than that man..
I love the car man . It's beautiful ..

Old 01-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniManAdam
How come you keep crossing the line, c'mon . These can handle better than that man..
I love the car man . It's beautiful ..
Thank You...
Old habit from track days and Rallies in Europe when I have an empty road! Of course it handles great... Many mods to my satisfaction. I am 74, my probably last toy as I won't start over... Love the 2018 pumping 304 hp now and yes, good handling... Of course there is always better but today it fits my needs. My favorite quote as I have some Friends "kind of" telling me I am getting too old for it [never!!!] "If not now... when?"...

Old 02-09-2020, 11:20 PM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
So you are telling me that you have the same amount of hp (304) as my new toy from a few weeks ago. I love my Mini but not sure I will keep it after driving this new Camry TRD.

2020 Camry TRD

Old 02-10-2020, 07:31 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CosmicBlue15
So you are telling me that you have the same amount of hp (304) as my new toy from a few weeks ago. I love my Mini but not sure I will keep it after driving this new Camry TRD.

2020 Camry TRD
It is what I am saying. The bump in HP is easy. Many take the complicated route, I go for the proven bolt ons which actually my Dealership Mini mechanic installed including suspension and especially frame upgrades.

I had never seen that Camry! Very very nice.... especially for the price! $30K +/- ? and it is a Toyota which they say should last forever.

Having said that, a Mini is a Mini! Meaning no other car can compare especially when as myself had my first one in 1965! [Austin Cooper SS]. If I need a second car [I also have a Jeep] I would go for that Camry...

Enjoy...

Old 02-10-2020, 07:33 AM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
This is the first year Camry came out with the TRD. You're right, the price wasn't bad and lower than I expected.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:48 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
This is the first year Camry came out with the TRD. You're right, the price wasn't bad and lower than I expected.
I see you have [had] "plenty of Minis!!!

There are many cars with better specs than even my JCW for sure. In my own case it is more of an addiction to the car than anything else since I have had one since 1965. At 74, this will most likely be my last JCW! I cannot see myself starting over with all the mods. And why should I? The car is flawless.

PS: I hope you never put that beautiful car through any kind of car-wash!!!

The following users liked this post:
CosmicBlue15 (02-10-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 08:52 AM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
PS: I hope you never put that beautiful car through any kind of car-wash!!!

That car will never get near a car wash ... only hand washed and waxed. It's kept in the garage at all times until I want to drive it.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
That car will never get near a car wash ... only hand washed and waxed. It's kept in the garage at all times until I want to drive it.
Stopped at the Toyota Dealer a mile away to check it out but they don't have one! They did and one of the mechanics bought it...

Going to build one on their Internet website and see what happens. The worse color ever... black!!! But maybe not... I like the color you have. Going to see if they have paddle shift. And if I buy one I will blame you...

Old 02-10-2020, 11:27 AM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
Stopped at the Toyota Dealer a mile away to check it out but they don't have one! They did and one of the mechanics bought it...

Going to build one on their Internet website and see what happens. The worse color ever... black!!! But maybe not... I like the color you have. Going to see if they have paddle shift. And if I buy one I will blame you...
They do have paddle shifters that work very well. You might go to Cars.com or Autotrader to find them. My local dealer is only going to get one more ... a salesman bought their first of two. I will say that it does not even feel like you are doing a 110mph (not top speed) when it happens. Only colors are Barcelona Red (ugly) Black, Silver and White.