Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Repair Shop in West Michigan

Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 AM
Tim H (WarDoc)
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repair Shop in West Michigan

Looking for mini experienced repair in West Michigan near Grand Rapids. I live on the west side between GR and Holland.

Took my Mini to where I normally go with my other cars and I am not confident that they know what they are doing. I had both tie rod ends replaced and an alignment done and now the vibration in the front is worse than before and the car pulls left. Not sure if I should take it back to them or just cut my losses and get an experienced mini mechanic on it.

I know there is a dealer here in Grand Rapids but I was very unimpressed on my first visit to them and won't be going back unless that is my only choice.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:51 AM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
This question is also being asked on a West Michigan Mini FB page. I don't have a good answer yet, but I'm very interested to hear some options. My wife recently took her Boxster to German Auto on Scribner and liked them.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:09 AM
Tim H (WarDoc)
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ShipM8
This question is also being asked on a West Michigan Mini FB page. I don't have a good answer yet, but I'm very interested to hear some options. My wife recently took her Boxster to German Auto on Scribner and liked them.
Do you have a link to that mini FB page? Recently bought mine and I'm looking for other local mini owners.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:24 AM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Western Michigan MINI Club. Pretty small group, but some upcoming rides.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Tim H (WarDoc)
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ShipM8
Western Michigan MINI Club. Pretty small group, but some upcoming rides.
Weird that my searches didn't turn up that one or the Michigan MINI club one, I joined both.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Repair Shop

Lansing looks like the closest location on our list:

http://new.minimania.com/article/319...ners_and_Shops

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:19 PM
05r50
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't know how far it is but go to Detroit and see Chad and the gang at DetroitTuned. They are awesome. I drive 3 hours one way for them to work on my car.
www.detroittuned.com

The following users liked this post:
Detroit Tuned (11-26-2017)
Old 08-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Tim H (WarDoc)
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 05r50
Don't know how far it is but go to Detroit and see Chad and the gang at DetroitTuned. They are awesome. I drive 3 hours one way for them to work on my car.
www.detroittuned.com
I've heard nothing but great things about them. As much fun as that would be it would mean days off from work to do it. I think I'll give German Auto a chance since it's 3 miles from my work and they offer free shuttle service. They also claim to work on Mini's on their website and have lots of great reviews.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 AM
greekzilla
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second Detroit Tuned. Chad is first class. I would check if they are available on Saturdays. Worth the "short" drive...if its a quick repair/service (1-3 hours), you can hit some of the local brew pubs in the area...

The following users liked this post:
Detroit Tuned (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
We are the only MINI only (for the most part) shop in MI, much less several states around us. We stock the parts needed to repair them at or above dealer level quality. We know that everyone can't make a 3 hour drive for small items, but it's good for us to look at new purchase, big problems (your vibration), or big jobs like clutches as we can save you a lot of money most of the time as well as having the job done correctly the first time. Making one trip will give you a list of items we find with the car to make sure you know what is really going on with your car so that you can fix what needs to me right away, or wait on other items. as well when you take it to another shop and they say you need item x to fix the problem, you will already know that it might have needed to be done, or it was already replaced and they are just building a nice fire for the smoke they are blowing. We will also tell you what it's all going to cost and if it even smart to repair the car. we have weekend appointments, you just need to call ahead and book time. And with with winter starting to set in, I recommend doing it sooner than later. Let us know hoe we can help!

Chad
Detroit Tuned
http://www.detroittuned.com/contact-us/