North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Middle Georgia MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/middle-georgia-minis-245/)
-   -   Club Meeting Change of Venue (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/middle-georgia-minis/223909-club-meeting-change-of-venue.html)

lawmann 01-26-2012 11:44 AM

Club Meeting Change of Venue

Howdy all,

I realize it has been a long time since I posted last, but I think we need to look at possibly moving the meetings back to Warner Robins. There are a lot of MINI owners here that are just not aware that we exist.

At our February meet at the Joshua Cup, I would like to seriously discuss a new location. There are some criteria I would like everyone to consider when making their suggestion:

1. Location, location, location. Visibility is critical! When we were at the Starbucks, we had visibility from Watson Blvd that generated interest from other MINI owners.

2. Ability to accomodate us. The one issue with Starbucks was it was very limited in seating which lead us up to the Joshua Cup.

Please think of some possibilities and we can discuss them at the Feb 2012 meeting.

Thanks!

lawmann 01-26-2012 11:49 AM

I also would like to throw out there that the classic car club meets the first Saturday in the afternoon in the Peach Outlet parking lot in Byron off of I-75 (exit 149).

Do we want to consider getting a group together one month and crash their show/get together?

black06beauty 02-26-2012 09:07 PM

I would be very interested to know when and where. I'm from Taylor county, GA. I live in Reynolds. My hubby and I are looking for a MINI club, this is our first time owning one so we would feel very comfortable sitting and listening to what other owners have to say! Thanks!!!

woody30028 02-27-2012 02:20 PM

Black06beauty,

We meet at Joshua Cup, 1090 Washington Ave., Macon, Ga. Saturday, March 3 at 5pm. We usually go to dinner somewhere around 6pm. We look forward to meeting you, your wife and your MINI.

Woody

black06beauty 02-29-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by woody30028 (Post 3461181)
Black06beauty,

We meet at Joshua Cup, 1090 Washington Ave., Macon, Ga. Saturday, March 3 at 5pm. We usually go to dinner somewhere around 6pm. We look forward to meeting you, your wife and your MINI.

Woody

Woody, I AM the wife! :lol:

woody30028 03-01-2012 04:24 AM

Opps. Looking forward to meeting you and your significant other Saturday.

black06beauty 04-27-2012 11:14 PM

Hey guys! Just wondering... Are there any other times you all get together than the 1st weekend OTM for the monthly meeting? My hubby always works that weekend and we really would like to meet up with yall, but would feel kindof silly coming alone, ESPECIALLY because he drives the MINI to work, and I would be arriving in a Ford Expedition, ha ha ha! Any suggestions? We and the MINI are free this weekend, with the exception of our hometown Strawberry Festival parade (around 10-ish) down here in Reynolds. Wouldn't it be neat to get a couple of us together for a parade... LOL! :) The next weekend we have available will be the 11th-13th. Please feel free to message me if you are interested in a mini-MINI meeting.

woody30028 04-28-2012 08:40 AM

Barbie and I will be at MINIs on the Dragon next Saturday. Donna and Ziggy will be there too. As far as changing the venue and date, we can do whatever. Just let us know.

black06beauty 04-28-2012 10:18 AM

We will not be able to attend MOTD this year :( We got caught up with a bunch of things and missed registration. I hope we will be able to meet up soon, i've been hoping to work something out! I would be thrilled to talk with you guys, and see everyone elses MINIs and hope we will get our Aero grille delivered before then... not sure how an Aero grille is going to look on a CheckMate lol but we'll see!!! Thanks Woody, yall have lots of fun at MOTD and have a little extra fun for me!!!!