North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MidCal MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis-129/)
-   -   AMVIV Feeler (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis/58491-amviv-feeler.html)

Scooby03 01-06-2006 05:57 PM

AMVIV Feeler

This question will come up at our next meeting, 1-13-06 at 7pm at Porky's.
Wanting an idea on witch of our MidCaler's are going to AMVIV in March?
Also I was thinking about staying until Monday, less trasffic.
For those of you that for some reason don't know what AMVIV is, its A Mini Vacation In Vegas. I can bring pictures to the meeting. So lets see who is going, and when you are going to go home.
By the way, we will be leaving Fresno on Thursday morning between 9 and 10am. Location to be determined later.
Brad

SRTech 01-06-2006 07:18 PM

I'll be going unless death parts me from my MINI.:) See you Friday. Remember, Saturday is Go Kart day, too.

Steve

armandCooperS04 01-06-2006 07:26 PM

What's up guys? I am enjoying my new job out here. It is new to me but the lab personel refer to me as their boss. I am going on a run to Point Reyes with REME tommorrow. Are any of you heading out this way? I am intersted in going to Vegas, I will e-mail you guys later.

Scooby03 01-06-2006 08:28 PM

No I'm working tomorrow, after all the rain and the hollidays, I need to catch up. You need to go to Vegas. 200+ Mini's is a site.

Scooby03 01-08-2006 10:30 AM

I'm now registered.
Leaving Fresno on Thursday morning, returning home sometime Monday.

PDQMINI 01-14-2006 12:07 PM

Sounds very interesting

I'll look at the website and check it out.

I might be able take a couple of days off.

I'd love to attend.

Brad, I'll get back to you at teh next meeting.

Robert.

vivahate 01-14-2006 09:32 PM

What's up guys? I am enjoying my new job out here. It is new to me but the lab personel refer to me as their boss. I am going on a run to Point Reyes with REME tommorrow. Are any of you heading out this way? I am intersted in going to Vegas, I will e-mail you guys later.
Hey Armando!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it up north. Maybe you can meet everyone down here enroute to AMVIV in March.
Have you joined NorCal MINIs yet?Cheers,
Michele

armandCooperS04 01-15-2006 08:44 AM

Vivahate, I am enjoying it up here in Northern California. I joined REME, two days before their Point Reyes Run. It was my first run and I had a lot of fun. The scenery was awsome out there and the roads were twisty. I have not registered for Vegas yet because I need to request two days off from work first. Take care

CruiseControl 01-15-2006 08:39 PM

I think my boss might approve of MINI related event such as this. I can't remember the last time I took a vacation.

Scooby03 01-18-2006 11:50 AM

All my reservations for AMVIV, have been made. Prepaid for all events, and made hotel reservations in a Courtyard or "getto room" as they call it. Thursday night thru sunday night.
Don't need a tower room, as last year I wasen't in it much, so why spend the extra money.
Brad

willum 01-18-2006 12:32 PM

Brad
You might want to consider the Phil Wicks Driving Academy on Saturday. $300 bucks to "let 'r rip" legally on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for 5 to 6 20min sessions with an instructor, just to see what you and your MINI can do. I've spent a lot more and gotten less.:lol: + it would probably be cheaper than slots or black jack.:nod:

Scooby03 01-18-2006 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by willum
Brad
You might want to consider the Phil Wicks Driving Academy on Saturday. $300 bucks to "let 'r rip" legally on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for 5 to 6 20min sessions with an instructor, just to see what you and your MINI can do. I've spent a lot more and gotten less.:lol: + it would probably be cheaper than slots or black jack.:nod:

Thinking about it, just not sure yet. I figure by the time I decide I want to do it, time will run out. :mad:

1nf3rn0 01-19-2006 12:26 AM

I want to go. The only thing im concerned about is missing school...

SRTech 01-19-2006 07:50 AM

Bring your school work with you. While the old guys get drunk and stupid, you can get smart since you have no choice.:lol:

Steve

Scooby03 01-19-2006 05:21 PM

Myself, I would rather get drunk and stupid.

Scooby03 01-19-2006 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by CruiseControl
I think my boss might approve of MINI related event such as this. I can't remember the last time I took a vacation.

Hey Kevin,

Your boss has a Mini, drag him along. :nod:

SRTech 01-19-2006 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby03
Myself, I would rather get drunk and stupid.

Yeah, but you have a choice. Blake has to wait a few years before he can legally get drunk and stupid.:lol:

Steve

JenW 01-19-2006 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SRTech
Yeah, but you have a choice. Blake has to wait a few years before he can legally get drunk and stupid.:lol:

Steve

No one said anything about getting LEGALLY drunk and stupid.

SRTech 01-19-2006 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JenW
No one said anything about getting LEGALLY drunk and stupid.

I'd rather be legally drunk and stupid than illegally drunk and jailed.:lol:

Steve

CruiseControl 01-19-2006 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby03
Hey Kevin,

Your boss has a Mini, drag him along. :nod:

Well, he said I don't have any vacation time yet but I can go so long as I take some pictures. Thom can't go because he'll have to stay back and do my work while we are out motoring, or "playing hookey" (as in the screen saver desktop from the MINI website).

Scooby03 01-20-2006 01:10 PM

"playing hookey" is always fun.

1nf3rn0 01-21-2006 08:56 PM

O, it looks like i can go. I just wont be getting srunk and stupid with the rest of ya :(

blacknblue 01-21-2006 09:07 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing hooky again this year! :eek2:
Taking cameras.

See y'all there! :cool:

Scooby03 01-23-2006 04:47 PM

Remember, if you are planning on going to Vegas, you need to make your room reservation by the end of January to get the discount rate.

CruiseControl 01-29-2006 08:25 PM

I just finished paying hotel and Club registraion. Looking forward to playing hookey in Vegas.