Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

NEwb in Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Waaazooo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEwb in Baltimore

Hello-
I'm not quite a Mini owner. I've test driven 2 of them so far and am that much closer to my "new-to-me" r56.

If anyone know of a well maintained car 07+ please let me know. I've been scouring Autotrader and carguru for the perfect balance of price-point and used car.

Thanks for reading

Was

Old 12-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome to NAM and hope you find the one you are looking for.

Be sure to check Truecar.com for those in your zipcode area and nearby. It gives a good chance for comparison of what people are spending on similar models.

Any questions please ask. We've been working with this brand for over 40 years on the street and track.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Bernard Barbour
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Waaazooo
Hello-
I'm not quite a Mini owner. I've test driven 2 of them so far and am that much closer to my "new-to-me" r56.

If anyone know of a well maintained car 07+ please let me know. I've been scouring Autotrader and carguru for the perfect balance of price-point and used car.

Thanks for reading

Was
I'd skip an 07 car!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Waaazooo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bernard Barbour
I'd skip an 07 car!
Certainly you have something more to say than that. What's wrong with the 07's? Trudelta didn't have any data that was extraordinary compared to the 08-11.

My mini service guy warns that the whole platform has a seal issue in the front of the motor... some sort of oil seal. Says that's one of the most common problems.. tensioner as well.. tensioner is $<200 otd...

Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Of the Gen 2 series, the 07-11 had a few more issues than the 12-13 models, with the 07 being the worst (first year of the redesign).

Old 01-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Baltimore

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
Certainly you have something more to say than that. What's wrong with the 07's? Trudelta didn't have any data that was extraordinary compared to the 08-11.

My mini service guy warns that the whole platform has a seal issue in the front of the motor... some sort of oil seal. Says that's one of the most common problems.. tensioner as well.. tensioner is $<200 otd...
Here are two articles that will help avoid problem models:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper_Cold_Start_Rattle

https://www.forthepeople.com/class-a...chain-lawsuit/

We'd recommend 2004 to 2006 R53, any standard model, or the newest you can afford with, preferably, some warranty still left on it. Any questions, please ask!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.