Metroplex MINI - Texas The forum of Metroplex MINI (North Texas). Visit our club site at www.metroplexmini.org

Want to talk to an owner of a new Mini with head-up display

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:05 AM
brt_engineering
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to talk to an owner of a new Mini with head-up display

Hi all,

I apologize this coming from an outsider to this forum, but I hope you all won't consider this to be a spammy intrusion. I desperately need some help from a Mini owner in the metroplex, and thought this would be the place to go. I work for an engineering company in Plano doing some work for an automotive industry supplier. We are working on a possible new head-up display, and we're trying to benchmark the performance of HUDs that are already in the market.

So to the point: If anyone here is a lucky owner of the new Mini that includes the cool pop-up head-up display, we'd like to see if we could pull your car into our garage bay and spend part of a day running some optical measurements on the HUD. We don't have to do anything to your car -- not even drive it. We will pay you $200 in cash for your trouble, and you can feel free to hang out at our facility (we have WiFi and we'll buy you lunch), or we can provide a ride to/from work for you, if you prefer. We'd really like to do this very quickly -- this week if possible even.

If anyone is interested, PM me and we can talk it over on the phone. Thanks!