Massachusetts Motoring Club An owners club for residents of Massachusetts and neighboring states to promote communication with other members via its on-line forum and to encourage the organization of motoring events. Visit our club site at www.massmotoringclub.com

Looking for Mini mechanice in So. New Hampshire (Nashua area)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:18 PM
shilo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Mini mechanice in So. New Hampshire (Nashua area)

I love the folks at Mini of Peabody but would like to cut my drive time down. Anyone have any recommendations for Mini-loving mechanics in Sourthern NH?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 AM
chorline
2nd Gear
I'm in the same boat you are. I currently travel to Fasttrack Automotive in Peabody and also have the guys up at Concord Motorsports in Chichester work on the car. Concord Motorsports sells and works on a TON of Minis. Will be nice when the Mini dealership opens in the Manchester area in the coming years. I've heard good things about Gurneys on Broad Street in Nashua and have brought previous cars there for work - just not the Mini.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
I go to Greasy's in Worcester MA....he just moved to a new shop...not a fancy place, but competent, with good prices (and a loyal following that is allowing him to grow and expand)....very MINI centric for a shop (the owner loves MINI's (had one till someone hit him totaling it), and he does do installs on Hi-Performance parts that you carry in if you are a "regular"....the owner is a founder of the MassMotoringclub.com, the shop is about 1 hour drive from Nashua...very close to the drive to the dealer (but almost all highway, so it is much easier than going to Peabody), but still worth the drive IMO. The shop also tends to be a bit of a hangout for the MINI folks from MassMotoringClub.
Before I started going to Greasy's, I did find that 3D Auto Works in Hudson, the BMW shop on Rt 111 also does MINI work....the owner had a MINI till he sold it a year or so back. I haven't used them, but they do have all the equipment, and I have seen a few Mini's in their parking lot. The do alot of hi-performance BMW work, and when I asked, they did say they do pulleys, etc on Gen1 cars.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Keeper
1st Gear
I'm near Lowell, but for anything more than routine, I drive to see Pete in Worcester. Routine maintenance I do myself.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Mr Silverblood
3rd Gear
I know the good lads at Turner Motorsports in Amesbury, MA.
Toured their facility, am friends with the gent that helps run the warehouse, fantastic group, knows their stuff, and they've got the Cooper S to prove it.

Plus their BMW is going to be running a televised race soon on Speed TV, I believe.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
shilo
Neutral
Thanks so much for the tip. I will give him a call!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
TimL
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
+1 to what Zippy and Keeper say