North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Manitoba MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club-158/)
-   -   Aug 23/09 MINI Road Cruise -Start 1pm (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club/173556-aug-23-09-mini-road-cruise-start-1pm.html)

MINI MB 08-09-2009 04:06 PM

Aug 23/09 MINI Road Cruise -Start 1pm

Attention All MINI Owners in Winnipeg and area:
A MINI road cruise will be held on Aug.23/2009 . Meet at 1 pm at the Forks
(on the turn-around in front of the Inn at The Forks). On leaving the Forks, we will go up Waterfront Drive and do the round-a-bouts, and then up Main . We will then go up to Lockport via River Road, and across the Red River to the Half Moon on Henderson Hwy. for some food and MINI talk.
We should be able to park by the river, and plan future events for the Fall, like a Fall Supper run.
Please contact all MINI owners that you know and invite them to the MINI cruise. We will re-vitalize the Manitoba MINI Club if MINI owners come out with their family and friends.
MOTOR ON !
MINI MB
Ron and Joyce

MINIPEG 08-11-2009 06:06 AM

We'll be there!

Sounds like fun...we'll be there!

Russ, Glenn, and Miko:thumbsup:

JustinGTP 08-14-2009 01:08 AM

I'm in WPG visiting from AB, we'll be there :)

Hm, just noticed that the Calgary 50th Anniversary Meet is on the 22nd. I might be going back for then!

JustinGTP 08-14-2009 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a poster I made quickly. Any changes, please post them ASAP. I will print a few and take to the dealer. MINI of Calgary supports the MINI Calgary club by posting the poster and making handouts available to MINI enthusiasts. We'll see if the BIRCHWOOD Group are just as nice. I have a letter size version to take to the dealer BTW.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...1&d=1250393771

MINIPEG 08-15-2009 06:14 AM

JustinGTP: The poster is a great idea! If it's not too late for some wording changes, here's a suggestion:
Welcome MINI enthuisiasts! We'll meet in the loop in front of the Inn at the Forks. The cruise will go up Waterfront Drive and Main Street, along scenic River Road in St. Andrews, across Lockport Bridge, and on to the Half Moon on Henderson Highway. We'll park by the river and enjoy some MINI chat and some famous hot dogs. It will also be a chance to plan future events. For more infomation, see the Manitoba Club forum at northamericanmotoring.com

JustinGTP 08-15-2009 08:37 PM

Updated :)

MINI MB 08-18-2009 08:42 AM

We just returned from a week in Sask. with the MINI and enjoyed the drive.
I just looked at the site, an was impressed by the poster idea.
Great job on the poster Justin GTP, and the idea of having it posted at MINI Wpg. We will want you to be an official member of the Manitoba MINI Club who resides in Alberta, as your enthusiasm and energy will be needed to re-build the Club. Thanks for the spark. I have e-mailed the information to my MINI contacts.
Ron

dennisd63 08-19-2009 10:09 AM

I'll be there with pictures from England MINI United 09 in May. There's pics of the new 50th Bday models that were unveiled, all the famous MINIs, the prototype for the AWD, etc.....cool stuff!

See you there!
Dennis & Kimberly

dennisd63 08-24-2009 11:20 AM

RON: Thanks for getting this going! It was a fabulous day and a good start! I'm looking forward to the pics...especially the ones in front of St Andrew's Church....Let's talk to set a date for a fall run....

D

JustinGTP 08-24-2009 06:00 PM

Out of curiosity, how many MINIs came? I was unfortunately unable to make it as I did go back to Calgary for our 50th Birthday Bash for MINI. We had 94 MINIs at the Calgary Event! Amazing turnout!

dennisd63 08-25-2009 06:14 AM

We had 4 MINIs turn out....and one more curious driver of a Chili Red Convert stop & ask questions! A future member. Before the club disintegrated, we were getting between 30 & 40 cars...now we'll have to spend some time & rebuild the club! Thanks for the poster! If you have an editable copy, could you please send it to me for future events?

Dennis