North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Manitoba MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club-158/)
-   -   Events? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club/145280-events.html)

MINIPEG 06-25-2008 08:35 AM

Events?

Hi:

Just wondering if there are any events being planned for this summer or fall? We really enjoyed the run in May/07 that was sponsored by Mini Winnipeg and the later one with the BMW folks.

Russ, Glenn, and Miko (MINIPEG)

kstrieby 06-25-2008 07:38 PM

Sorry, but I haven't been able to get the folks at MINI Winnipeg to return my calls. :confused:

MB MINI 06-25-2008 09:43 PM

We belong to the smart fortwo Club in Wpg. We also own a MINI Cooper.
MINI Winnipeg has always been very supportive of the MINI Club in the past. There is no reason they would have a change of heart.
The smart Club in Wpg. organizes gatherings for coffee and they do notinvolve the Dealer except for major events. Perhaps we should use our own initiative and simply organize a coffee gathering of MINI owners. This would at least be a start-up activity for this year.
Frankly, the lack of Wpg. MINI activity has been a disappointment.
Oh well-the smart Club meets at least once a month. And with two smarts, we try to attend the events. But we still miss the MINI cruise events.
MB MINI

spdfreak 07-23-2008 05:29 PM

I was beginning to wonder if there even was a club anymore. I just attended an event in Chicago and it sounds like they try to do stuff once a month. Nothing that would require the help of Winnipeg Mini. An example of one is about a dozen or so of them hooked up late to do some cloverleaf "tours" then head out for an early breakfast. It'd be nice even to get together at say the stadium then do a cruise up to Skinners along the river or something. Just a thought.

dennisd63 07-23-2008 07:13 PM

Yes...count me in for looking for MINI events here in Wpg...we're really missing something here...Only we need to find someone who has time to set up events...and then stick to it. Not all of us have the time / ability to set things up.

63MCS 08-11-2008 05:58 AM

Classic Motor Works Vintage race weekend

Hi All,

Just a reminder that we will be holding the CMW Annual Vintage Race Weekend this August 23rd and 24th. Includes show and shine (both days), parade laps at noon, fun slalom after racing on Saturday, BBQ, selected spectator vehicles as "pace" cars, and of course great racing to watch:popcorn: . This is a road racing show (not drag racing). We hope to have a number of BMW MINIs show up for the "non-race" activities. We plan to bring our own 2008 Clubman and 2004 COOPER S.

The event will be held in Gimli at the Gimli Motor Sports Park. Hope to see you there. You may want to bring a chair (and umbrella for the sun).:thumbsup:

Cheers,
Dyrk.

BlackinBlue 08-25-2008 10:20 PM

I'm in for a regularly scheduled meeting

Hi, I just picked up my 07 MCS, and would like to see some type of group dynamic for Winnipeg Mini owners. There is a power in numbers (can we bulk buy SZL units?) How many are there registered to this group? Let's pick at day/time/place once a month and see what happens!

Cheers!

dennisd63 09-16-2008 03:38 PM

I'm all up for a monthly meet. It may start small, but I think if we're regular, it will build up over time....pick a Sunday morning for breakfast & a drive once a month and off we go! (oh, and a place!)

niks325i 09-24-2008 01:02 PM

Event in the works!:thumbsup:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...74#post2481774

Nik

BlackinBlue 09-24-2008 05:47 PM

Ready to go....

Thought dennis and I were alone on this one. Was that Bucky on Wolseley Ave the other day? My wife came home saying we all drove our Minis like go carts.....

A drive, food, and winter tire advice - I'm in.

dennisd63 09-27-2008 06:43 AM

Ok..I'll be there on Sunday's event...maybe we can talk then? I think it would be pretty awesome to keep this event going in winter too for those of us who brave the winters!

We'll talk on Oct 5th!

dennisd63 10-22-2008 03:26 PM

Ok...news finally. I talked to Birchwood and it sounds like they'll gladly help get the word out to MB MINI owners re: Monthly MB MINI Meets (MMMM....). Breakfast somewhere on a Sat morn, possible followed by a mini-MINI cruiz just to show off?

Any ideas? Takers? Interested?

spdfreak 10-23-2008 08:50 AM

I'd be interested in attending some of these. Please PM me with details
Thanks

63MCS 10-23-2008 09:56 AM

I'm in......:thumbsup:

dennisd63 10-23-2008 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 63MCS (Post 2522268)
I'm in......:thumbsup:

Hey 63! Are you the Coop who participated in the Newfi Targa last year?

63MCS 10-23-2008 03:02 PM

Yes Dennis. We took 3rd place overall in 2007 in the 1963 Mini Cooper S (MOLLY). We went back this year and crashed on the second stage of day one. :eek2: Caught some gravel after a bit of a jump and dropped into a deep ditch, hit a boulder,flipped and rolled! Our car "MOLLY" suffered significant damage. We were OK but a bit ruffled for a few days.

Cheers,
Dyrk.

MINI MB 10-23-2008 06:56 PM

Hi: I can confirm that MINI Wpg. will assist in getting a MINI group together.
We do need to revive the MINI group, and a regular gathering would be a great start toward future cruise events.
I suggest that Karl from MINI Wpg. should be invited to all gatherings, as he really is very knowlegable about all things MINI. Our MINI is now stored for the winter, as it is our summer fun car, but we would attend gatherings in one of our smart fortwos, with an interest in events planning for MINI in the spring.
So, coffee at Starbucks as a start? Pick time and specific location. I suggest one of the Starbucks on Pembina South, say this weekend-Sat.Oct 25/08.
Next person can select exact Starbucks location and time.
MINI MB
2002 Silver MINI Cooper
LIC "MINI"

63MCS 10-23-2008 09:31 PM

Meeting location

Starbucks is fine. Given I live and work in St. Andrews about 7 minutes from the North perimeter I would very much prefer a more central location. Starbucks at the Chapters near Empress would be better. :)

Or maybe a nice cruise on River road after stopping at Larters golf club in St. Andrews for coffee? :wink:

dennisd63 10-24-2008 01:54 PM

Ok....I'll propose a date. Saturday, October 25th / Starbucks Coffee at 1180 Taylor Avenue (behind PanAm Pool) - this one is most central without staying downtown / 2:00 pm / Coffee, MINI chat, ideas for montly meetings / I'm suggesting calling this MMMM.......(monthly Manitoba MINI Meets)....I'll keep this one open to all who see this post, and next one I'll talk to Birchwood about sending out invites. I'll also suggest the last Sat afternoon of every month...We can discuss locations on Sat afternoon.

I'll be there. Hope to see at least 1 other! I'll be happy with any more!

MINI MB 10-26-2008 11:03 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Manitoba MINI monthly meets launched!
3 MINI owners gathered at Starbucks yesterday and agreed to launch monthly MINI meets on the last Friday of each month. We hope this builds into a large and vibrant MINI group by the Spring. One suggestion was to have a group attend the MINI Challenge in the U.S. (Minn.) in Spring.

We hope this will encourage other MINI owners to attend and grow the group. We will be seeking support and advice from MINI Winnipeg regarding contacting ALL MINI owners in Manitoba to announce the monthly MINI meets.

Watch NAM for further details regarding the next meeting.

MINI MB
2002 Silver/Black MINI Cooper

dennisd63 10-26-2008 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MINI MB (Post 2525928)
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Manitoba MINI monthly meets launched!
3 MINI owners gathered at Starbucks yesterday and agreed to launch monthly MINI meets on the last Friday of each month. We hope this builds into a large and vibrant MINI group by the Spring. One suggestion was to have a group attend the MINI Challenge in the U.S. (Minn.) in Spring.

We hope this will encourage other MINI owners to attend and grow the group. We will be seeking support and advice from MINI Winnipeg regarding contacting ALL MINI owners in Manitoba to announce the monthly MINI meets.

Watch NAM for further details regarding the next meeting.

MINI MB
2002 Silver/Black MINI Cooper

Thanks for the posting MINI MB / One correction; we're going to meet on the last Saturday of every month (not Friday)?

And yes, the MINI Challenge in Minnesota is do-able for us! Imagine that, Monthly Manitoba MINI Meets Minnesota (that's up to 5 M's now!).

We'll post something in the near future about an "end-of-November" event as soon as we can set up something. Keep watch.

Dennisd