North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Manitoba MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club-158/)
-   -   Fall Cruise! Mark your calendars! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/manitoba-mini-motoring-club/116623-fall-cruise-mark-your-calendars.html)

kstrieby 10-11-2007 02:40 PM

Fall Cruise! Mark your calendars!

The BMW Club of Manitoba is having an event Sunday, October 14th, and the Manitoba MINI Motoring Club is invited to join the festivities!:thumbsup:

We will be meeting at MINI Winnipeg (aka Birchwood BMW) at 2:00 pm. There will be some time to hang out and meet new people before we head off for a cruise.

The plan is to head out from Birchwood to River Road north of the city.

We will follow the scenic winding route of River Road to Lockport. Once at Lockport, we will head over the bridge to the Half Moon on Henderson Highway for burgers, socializing, and photos. From there we will head back down Henderson to the city.

It's going to be a great time! Mark it on your calendar today! Email Nik at editor@bmwpower.ca or me at mbminiac@gmail.ca for more info.

Hope to see you (and, of course, your wonderful MINI) there!:)

lotsie 10-12-2007 09:05 AM

Sounds like fun. I used to motor on River Road on my way to work at Rainbow Stage. I would return on River Road, as it is fun in both directions.

Have a great time:thumbsup:

Mark
:cool:

MB MINI 10-12-2007 11:06 AM

Looking forward to the event. See you there.
Ron and Joyce

dennisd63 10-12-2007 01:47 PM

As will I!

MB MINI 10-16-2007 08:48 AM

A really fun day on the cruise with the MINI and BMW Clubs. Great pictures on the Manitoba MINI Club site. Thanks to the organizers, and we hope there are more joint events in the future.
Ron and Joyce

lotsie 10-16-2007 10:10 AM

Looks like you had a great day up there.:thumbsup:

We are having our fall rallye down here this weekend, should have about 30 cars. We checked out the route last Sunday, about 100 miles of hills and twisties, then a ferry ride across the Mississippi and back up the Illinois side of the river, which is flatter, more like back home in Mb.

Mark
:cool:

kstrieby 10-16-2007 10:06 PM

Hey Mark,

Yeah, we had a super-nice October weather day (sunny and 15C) for the cruise, and had good fun driving what passes for a twisty road in this province :roll:.

If I could take a few days off work, I could be tempted to head south to join your St Louis group's event! Not gonna happen this time, any way...<sigh>

As an aside, I played French Horn in the pit orchestra at Rainbow Stage for a few seasons in the '90's -- "Student Prince", "South Pacific" and "Sound of Music". Were you involved with Rainbow back then? (I was driving a Volks Rabbit at the time...due to MINI's not being easily available back then...:razz:)

I also remember getting called in by the Winnipeg Police to sign an affidavit that I had been paid $X for my services when Jack Shapira had billed Rainbow Stage $Z more, and ended up in jail for fraud....:eek: I sometimes wonder what ever happened to the Rolls-Royce that was (at least partially) financed by that sweet scam of his...:sly: