North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   JCW Garage (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-429/)
-   -   Who's ordered the 2020 Clubman JCW? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage/341431-whos-ordered-the-2020-clubman-jcw.html)

JustinGTP 08-12-2019 07:26 PM

Who's ordered the 2020 Clubman JCW?

Hey fellow miniacs,

Who else has ordered the 2020 Clubman JCW? I put in my order and got August production, apparently my dealer didn't get any July production because of a system error and they couldn't put in orders.

Anyways I went with every option in Canada, almost forgot the Piano Black exterior package, but we were able to amend. It's white silver metallic with red roof and mirrors and stripes, the 19s, premier plus, heated windshield, mini yours illuminated trim, homelink, alarm, dinamica and leather, driving assistant, parking assistant, etc. I'm sure I forgot something.

I'm coming from my '13 Paceman JCW. Only thing I'll miss is the manual. But I feel it's lackluster in the power Dept.

What did you get? When are you expecting it or did you already get one? I see USA dealers are getting theirs already.

If you ordered, what did you get?

Walt 08-13-2019 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by JustinGTP (Post 4487606)
I see USA dealers are getting theirs already.

I have to throw in here, that I was looking at the 2020's at my dealer, and the biggest surprised was that MINI has changed the ext mirror caps. After all these decades of them always being the same basic shape, the change stood right out to me.

NHcountryman 08-13-2019 08:51 AM

Just test drove one this last weekend, like it a lot - have a F56 JCW and need 4 doors and more space for travels .....waiting for configurator @ Miniusa.com to be updated .....

rob458 08-13-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by NHcountryman (Post 4487697)
Just test drove one this last weekend, like it a lot - have a F56 JCW and need 4 doors and more space for travels .....waiting for configurator @ Miniusa.com to be updated .....

Does anyone have any idea when the configurator will be updated? We went to order a JCW Hardtop last week, but we couldn't put the order in since there were too many changes between 2019 and 2020 and they could not clarify any details (i.e. changes in color). This is our first time dealing with MINI.

Thanks,

Rob

El-Grunto 08-16-2019 01:59 AM

Not me. Still working on modding my F56. The way I see it it'll be years before she's done. Then I'll think about getting another project.

j997tt 08-18-2019 04:57 AM

I just ordered my 2020 JCW HT yesterday. Sat by SA and the order system was fully populated with all data. Order was accepted and set for September production. Got a production number. You should no issues ordering at this point in time. Iconic trim is now 6500, last year it was 7500. Same basic contents. I ordered all options plus a winters tire/rim set. Melting silver, red top/caps, sport auto (long commute), sport seats, glow red interior, 18 inch JCW cup wheels, etc. plus black badges, black door handles and gas cap, jcw illuminated door sills. No performance exhaust offered. Bummer. Hopefully see it by November.

///Matthew 08-18-2019 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by j997tt (Post 4488568)
I just ordered my 2020 JCW HT yesterday. Sat by SA and the order system was fully populated with all data. Order was accepted and set for September production. Got a production number. You should no issues ordering at this point in time. Iconic trim is now 6500, last year it was 7500. Same basic contents. I ordered all options plus a winters tire/rim set. Melting silver, red top/caps, sport auto (long commute), sport seats, glow red interior, 18 inch JCW cup wheels, etc. plus black badges, black door handles and gas cap, jcw illuminated door sills. No performance exhaust offered. Bummer. Hopefully see it by November.

Sounds sweet, congrats!

I thought an article on MotoringFile indicated they were ditching the red interior? Or was that just the red trimmed seats??

rob458 08-18-2019 06:38 AM

Sounds great. Any chance you know what other colors the 2020 JCW HT will be available in? When we tried to order a few weeks ago the dealer was pretty sure that lapisluxury blue would no longer be available. Not sure about starlight blue either, but they were adding an "enigmatic black" choice. Hopefully the dealer will get back in touch with us soon so we can put an order in, but if you happen to know that would be greatly appreciated.

j997tt 08-18-2019 12:29 PM

Thanks. Looking forward to the car arriving. Just the red trimmed leather/Dinamica JCW sport seats are discontinued. Replaced by same exact seat but with a grey leather band instead of red. Red dash and door trim still available.

JustinGTP 08-18-2019 09:14 PM

plus black badges, black door handles and gas cap, jcw illuminated door sills.

So how did you know about these? my SA didn't mention anything about these and it didn't appear on the very basic configurator. I'm in Canada tho.

j997tt 08-19-2019 02:45 AM

Might be a Canada thing. The black options were listed in the dealer order system following the main options list. There were many options listed.

JustinGTP 08-19-2019 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by j997tt (Post 4488723)
Might be a Canada thing. The black options were listed in the dealer order system following the main options list. There were many options listed.

I emailed my SA and they're accessories they do at the dealer level and they're doing a quote for it. Sweet.

Ray Oliver 08-20-2019 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JustinGTP (Post 4488764)
I emailed my SA and they're accessories they do at the dealer level and they're doing a quote for it. Sweet.

They should be a factory option, it's listed for $500 on carcostcanada.com

JustinGTP 08-20-2019 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Oliver (Post 4489021)
They should be a factory option, it's listed for $500 on carcostcanada.com

Yes the piano black exterior option I got. It's the grille front trim rings for headlights and black trim tails. Doesn't include door handles tho. That's extra.

2017All4 08-20-2019 03:19 PM

Word is the MINI USA configurator is being slow-walked to give dealers more time to sell down the large lingering 2019 inventory. Apparently there are a LOT of unsold 2019's.

On July 25th, MINIUSA sent me an email saying 5~6 weeks before the updated 2020 configurator is live.

My Southern California dealer had no difficulty building my 2020 Clubman S All4 exactly to my specs. Ordered Aug 15 and got an early September production date on the Vehicle Inquiry Report. Dealer was even able to get the color combo I preferred, Coral Red Metallic with Melting Sliver roof and Mirrors. That combination is not supposed to be available in the USA -- at least not yet, but that may change. I also ordered 3L2 Piano Black Exterior, which I am told is only grille ring, headlight rings and tail light trim. Black CLUBMAN lettering and black badges are dealer options, and, possibly port installed options but that is unclear at this point. Black door handles are also available as options.

I was considering a JCW, but my 2017 S All4 with a Dinan has been more than enough for grocery-getting and the occasional road trip. I guess my high horsepower days are in the rear view mirror now. But I bet the new JCW All4 is gonna be a hoot and a half!!

rob458 08-20-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2017All4 (Post 4489070)
Word is the MINI USA configurator is being slow-walked to give dealers more time to sell down the large lingering 2019 inventory. Apparently there are a LOT of unsold 2019's.

On July 25th, MINIUSA sent me an email saying 5~6 weeks before the updated 2020 configurator is live.

My Southern California dealer had no difficulty building my 2020 Clubman S All4 exactly to my specs. Ordered Aug 15 and got an early September production date on the Vehicle Inquiry Report. Dealer was even able to get the color combo I preferred, Coral Red Metallic with Melting Sliver roof and Mirrors. That combination is not supposed to be available in the USA -- at least not yet, but that may change. I also ordered 3L2 Piano Black Exterior, which I am told is only grille ring, headlight rings and tail light trim. Black CLUBMAN lettering and black badges are dealer options, and, possibly port installed options but that is unclear at this point. Black door handles are also available as options.

I was considering a JCW, but my 2017 S All4 with a Dinan has been more than enough for grocery-getting and the occasional road trip. I guess my high horsepower days are in the rear view mirror now. But I bet the new JCW All4 is gonna be a hoot and a half!!

3L2 Piano Black Exterior
4BD Piano Black Interior Surface
ZBG MINI Black Badges
ZGF MINI Black Door Handles
ZGG MINI Black Gas Cap

JustinGTP 08-22-2019 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by rob458 (Post 4489090)
3L2 Piano Black Exterior
4BD Piano Black Interior Surface
ZBG MINI Black Badges
ZGF MINI Black Door Handles
ZGG MINI Black Gas Cap

And did they say they're doing this at the dealership?

Krut 08-23-2019 03:09 PM

My JCW Clubman is ordered and received my VIN today - Doing signature package with midnight black and red roof and mirrors. Added NAV for Apple Car Play, storage package and cloth interior. No other options. Got a great price from my dealer - and looking forward to picking it up.

2017All4 08-23-2019 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Krut (Post 4489730)
My JCW Clubman is ordered and received my VIN today - Doing signature package with midnight black and red roof and mirrors. Added NAV for Apple Car Play, storage package and cloth interior. No other options. Got a great price from my dealer - and looking forward to picking it up.

Congratulations! You're a 300HP Club Official Member.

curlywurly 09-03-2019 04:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JustinGTP (Post 4488705)
So how did you know about these? my SA didn't mention anything about these and it didn't appear on the very basic configurator. I'm in Canada tho.

It is confusing but - They are there. PDF'd copy from the mini canada site - with the piano
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...a67e0b32e9.gif
black pieces highlighted above are the badges
Those below are the light trim, petrol cap, handles and grill
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...416af0eb64.gif
. Dealer should do this shite for you - not the other way around if they know their stuff.

There IS a bit of overlap with some piano black (all above) under EXTERIOR and some under OPTIONS tabs.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...99a66b8897.gif

thats just web-master whataboutery tho.

ND40oz 09-06-2019 07:19 AM

Accessories are port or dealer installed and options are done at the factory.

If you get them port installed, you won't get the parts they take off but you don't pay installation charges. If they're dealer installed, you'll pay for the install but they'll give you back the parts they took off. Which is why I have an exhaust sitting in the garage...

JustinGTP 09-06-2019 07:34 PM

Yeah all good, I got the Piano Black Package from factory and will look at the car--then will do black badges if I feel.

My car has been finished--going over quality checks--then being shipped to Canada! Maybe another month to go.

geodav 09-25-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Krut (Post 4489730)

How were you able to order a JCW Clubman. Dealer in Cincinnati says they can’t order yet and your not able to configure online. 300 HP should be fun!

Krut 09-25-2019 01:34 PM

Actually just arrived in port today - check with your dealership - some dealers didn't have allocation to order back in August - they may have additional units in allocation now.

geodav 09-25-2019 01:42 PM

Just to clarify this is the 300HP model?