JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Helix/Shift Knob Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 09:05 AM
scubus
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Helix/Shift **** Question

Hi everyone,

Still putting the bits and pieces together. I really want a Cravenspeed shift ****. I know they are designed for the Gen 2 & 3 but Helix says they have an available adapter. Unfortunately, before I spend $120 I want to be sure they don't mean the short shift kit etc., and I can't get them to respond to emails, website form, messages, Facebook PMs etc.

I have ordered from them before with no issue but this is the first time I've had to contact them.

So, do they have a presence here? Has anyone here ordered the shift **** from them (or elsewhere) and had a suitable adapter?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2019, 06:29 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
Did you try calling? Any discussion of an adapter would be referring to the gear ****. The SSK is a completely different part for 1st and 2nd gen cars, where the gear ***** are virtually the same except one has a small fitting where the **** attaches and the other does not.

Don’t think they are active here on NAM any longer, but they are still around for sure.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:46 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
We're definitely still around, although I'm not sure why this thread didn't pop up into my notifications.

Our shift **** does not fit the stock Gen 1 shifter. It will fit our Gen 1 shifter if you use a 2nd Gen **** adapter, which we can provide by request.

We take customer support pretty seriously, so I am surprised to hear that you haven't been able to reach us. I'd like to look into this a bit more, can you please pm me your email address so I can find out what happened?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM
scubus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CravenSpeed
We're definitely still around, although I'm not sure why this thread didn't pop up into my notifications.

Our shift **** does not fit the stock Gen 1 shifter. It will fit our Gen 1 shifter if you use a 2nd Gen **** adapter, which we can provide by request.

We take customer support pretty seriously, so I am surprised to hear that you haven't been able to reach us. I'd like to look into this a bit more, can you please pm me your email address so I can find out what happened?
Thank you for your reply. I need to be sure this is clear - my issue was/is with Helix, not Cravenspeed.

The only reason I didn't go directly to you was because Helix advertised an adapter for the stock shifter, as well as custom tops. I am not interested in putting in a new shifter just now. I have other plans for my cash just now

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2019, 07:58 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Ah, that makes sense now that I have re-read the post.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 AM
scubus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CravenSpeed
Ah, that makes sense now that I have re-read the post.
No problem - it gave me a chance to be sure everyone knows it wasn't you