North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   JCW Garage (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-429/)
-   -   JCW Ghost of Dorothy Build Thread (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage/328475-ghost-of-dorothy-build-thread.html)

RLM 06-15-2018 07:48 AM

Ghost of Dorothy Build Thread

4 Attachment(s)
Well here I am.

I've been an active member of my local MINI community for almost 5 years now. Started out with a 2004 Chilli Red R50 with the 6-speed swap. After Graduating School and getting a "real" job, I bought a 2005 BRG R53 (later named Dorothy), which I quickly preped for track use and Daily duties.
Mod list of Dorothy included:
Engine:
- 16%pulley
- DINAN Intake
- GTT Intercooler
- JCW Plugs
- Miltek Hi-Flow header
- Dinan axle back (later changed to JCW cat back)

Suspension:
- Koni Yellow
- Tein Springs
- Powerflex control arm bushes
- JCW spec alignment
- 17x7 Volk GT-A rims wrapped with Potenza RE-71R 215/45-17
- Carbon Strut Brace
- Wilwood 6 pot front, wilwood rear BBK

Other:
- Polk MM speakers all around
- JVC deck
- R56 shift knob
- aero grille

Anyways, it was a beautiful car that was pushing on 180,000km. after just 2 short years of ownership though, She was tragically taken away from me at the beginning of April by another drivers mistake. She put up a good fight, though in the end succumbed to her wounds (and the b*****ds at the insurance company).

I am happy to anounce though that after being in a second serious accident 2 weeks later, I set my sights on an F56S. after humming and hawing for a month, I decided that an S was a dumb idea since I was going to mod it for the track, and that I should just pay the little bit extra for the full on JCW. with a lot of help from my local dealer (shoutout to MINI Grand River), I arrived on the beauty pictured below.

2016 JCW in peper white, red roof, red mirrors, dinamica cloth interior, HK, NAV, LED, black stripes, JCW Pro exhaust with Carbon tips, Sport auto trans.

So far she has been good to me after having motored almost 3000km in the past month. the biggest challenge has been learning how to drive without using a clutch, though this is much better on my hip after the accidents. one day we may decide to swap her to a manual after I cook through this torque converter. (~1900 for the part to replace).

OK, onto the good stuff, I intend to use this thread more for myself than anything else, so that I can track her progress, and my thoughts on the different mods. feed back and input is much welcomed though as I am new to this chassis and turbo cars in general.

Mods so far are:
- DINAN Sport module ( purchased off previous owner though im not sure if the bluetooth setting changer is working correctly)
- NM Lowering springs. absolutely love them and think that this is how the car should have ridden and sat from the factory. they pair incredibly well in my opinion with the DDC suspension.

I have also purchased the Miltek Hi-Flow down pipe from a friend (he went de-cat), though I likely will not install until winter when she gets parked.

future mods include:
- Intercooler (not sure which one, would like to find some independantly verified data)
- Manic tune (do they have the SPS switch available for F56, or just for R56?)
- Diffuser (maybe the full blown challenge one????)
- CAI (may custom build cause come on....$300 for a tube, some bent sheet metal and a filter????)
- suspension bushings??
- vinyl
- android auto enabled touchscreen
- WHEELZ!!!!!!! ALL OF THE WHEELS

Also need to decide if I like the name Ghost of Dorothy. kinda came up at the bar with club members, and has so far kinda stuck haha. Dorothy only had her name for 3 weeks before death, so its kinda fitting that a white car would indicate her spirit is not quite dead yet.

67morris 06-17-2018 05:09 PM

Subscribed!

RLM 03-26-2019 10:02 AM

OK, I guess this is her almost 1 year update.

What's changed?
1. DINAN Sport is out, Racechip GTS is in.
2. Blacked out the tail light rings, and the grille surround (headlight rings were already done.
3. JCW Pro Diffuser.
4. baby got wheelzz
5. Front plate delete. I keep it in the trunk with some zipties just in case haha

I unfortunately wasn't able to get it on the track last year, but will be getting out several times this year. I am holding off on suspension mods until that shake down as I want to see where she needs improvement based on my preferences first.

Winter is still here but hopefully leaving soon. shes in and out of storage till the end of april. the goal is to take a weekend in april to finally install the Downpipe. fingers crossed the snow stops soon.

Pic of her out and about this past weekend.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...92a8b5d57e.jpg

elsnaibs 03-27-2019 08:30 AM

I track my 2107 JCW frequently, and I highly, highly recommend the Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. The car becomes extremely neutral in the corners, and stays crazy flat. It's super fun doing 4 wheel slides around corners.