Dinantronics Elite a scam? - Page 3 - North American Motoring

Dinantronics Elite a scam?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:34 AM

I just dont get it. Hopefully they get back on the right track soon.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:20 AM
5th Gear

FWIW I’m still in this hell boat. Customer service has been great recently but it’s still throwing codes and still only felt really strong once. No ******* idea over here. DINAN even paid out of their pocket to get my boost sensor changed because they thought that was it. They’re trying but yet again I’m waiting on a reply from them. My dealer is 45mins away and I’m over making the trip. This has been since 2017! Way please just take this thing back!

Last edited by vetsvette; 05-16-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:23 AM
2nd Gear

if the 3rd unit doesn't work. I am getting a refund and doing something else. There is no reason it shouldn't work.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:20 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkenny View Post
if the 3rd unit doesn't work. I am getting a refund and doing something else. There is no reason it shouldn't work.
You have a true 2.0 JCW right? I can’t help but wonder if it simply does to work right with the JCW. :/
Old 05-16-2018, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasms View Post

You have a true 2.0 JCW right? I can’t help but wonder if it simply does to work right with the JCW. :/
for what it's worth racechip has two completely different programs for jcw vs S. You need to specify when you order and if you upgrade your S to a JCW tune you need to ship it to get reprogrammed.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasms View Post

yup. Built it at the dealership. Glad I spent the money for the boost gauge
Old 05-16-2018, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear

There is a Dinan Elite model specifically for thr JCW. I have one on my F54 JCW and it has been fine for over 10000 miles. Sorry to see you are still having issues with the Dinan.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

This is a thread I have been following for a while. I really want to order the Elite for my JCW F54 but am worried about issues considering what I have read here. Hopefully you get things worked out Scottkenny...
Old 05-17-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
This is a thread I have been following for a while. I really want to order the Elite for my JCW F54 but am worried about issues considering what I have read here. Hopefully you get things worked out Scottkenny...
Honestly, go with a OBD ECU flash
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie View Post
Honestly, go with a OBD ECU flash
I reached out to ByteTronik who was really responsive in the emails. The only issue I had is that even though it was 200 dollars cheaper, I would have to install different plugs (which I was planning on doing at somepoint anyways), but the horsepower gain that they said was lower than the Elite. I would imagine if I was able to dynotune with the ODB it would be able to be programmed with better AFR data and I could probably squeeze more power than the Elite, but to dyno tune around me would cost roughly 1000.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:16 PM

Yeah, I see where you are coming from but (in my opinion) a dedicated ECU flash tune is a lot safer than a piggyback that is tricking systems to do things they are supposed to do

Like I said before, that is whats great about these systems, we have options finally!

The spark plugs will take you 30mins tops. Its probably faster to install them then the Elite
Old 05-17-2018, 12:33 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Yeah, I see where you are coming from but (in my opinion) a dedicated ECU flash tune is a lot safer than a piggyback that is tricking systems to do things they are supposed to do

Like I said before, that is whats great about these systems, we have options finally!

The spark plugs will take you 30mins tops. Its probably faster to install them then the Elite
I agree, if I would have known about ODB flash systems before I started this I probably would have gone that direction. I used to use COBB on my Subaru. Unfortunately the ODB flashing isn't as publicized as the piggy back modules. The only good thing about the Elite is it isn't quite the same as the Sport or other piggy back models because it is more of an inline model like a powercommander. I feel that with the NM, Sport and the other true piggy back systems they are more of a deception type tune. Where as the Elite acutally interfaces with the components and ECU together using the software.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:40 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
That statement is supported by what evidence? As far as my reading on this forum, I only recall one fairly recent episode of a guy blowing up his engine with an ECU tune. Don't see any such thing with a piggyback, specifically Dinan box.

Now I'm not a fan of the treatment to the OP or the other member who is also having issues, so Dinan rates pretty low with me on customer support. But if the box is running correctly, it works like a charm.

As to cheating, how do you really know what the ECU programmers are doing to your car? No long term track record to say you won't be on the side of the road picking up engine bits, anymore than I will.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear

[QUOTE=As to cheating, how do you really know what the ECU programmers are doing to your car? No long term track record to say you won't be on the side of the road picking up engine bits, anymore than I will.[/QUOTE]

You don't, however even with the one of the best tuners in he world doing an ECU ODB tune, I still had my previous modded Subaru with 6 inch hole in the block from detonation due to low oil pressure. But with 32 pounds of boost and an aluminum block I am sure it was bound to happen anyways LOL.

If this next Elite doesn't work, ByteTronik will be getting my money.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
That statement is supported by what evidence?
Thats why I said in my opinion

Ive seen completely stock, unmodded cars blow engines so it is all one big roll of the dice. I just feel "more" safe with a flashed ECU.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Thats why I said in my opinion

Ive seen completely stock, unmodded cars blow engines so it is all one big roll of the dice. I just feel "more" safe with a flashed ECU.
"a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge"

You get a pass this time.