JCW JCW Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 02:43 PM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
JCW Ordered

I ordered a 2019 JCW on March 10th. Called the Ask Mini number and was told that it is scheduled for production week 17 (week of 4/22). I am bummed that it has taken so long to be scheduled and that could change too. Was hoping to have the car in June but it seems more like early July. I am excited to finally get the Mini I want but annoyed I have to wait so long. Dealer said it would take ten weeks from production to delivery. Anyone had one delivered quicker than that?

JCW
White Silver Metallic
TPM
Rear Camera
Alarm
Mini Yours Piano Black
Mini Excitement Package
Floor Mats
Center armrest
Park Distance Contrl
Sat Nav
Color Line glowing red
Carbon black Dinamica/Leather
17in Black wheels
JCW Bonnet strips
Iconic Trim package
Manual Transimmision
JCW tune with chrome tips
Chili Red Roof and Mirror Caps

Old 04-09-2018, 06:12 PM
rtowell
4th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
Nice build. Mine took at least that long. Part of the process ... follow it along.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:48 PM
corchar1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put my order in a couple of weeks ago, was told it would start production the 1st week of Jun with a completion the last week of Jun. The wait kind of sucks but that is part of the game. Heck, all good things take time.

I ordered almost the same build as you, except I got the auto and 18” wheels.

I already made an appointment to get KW V3s, wheels 18x8s, Milltek valved exhaust plus down pipe and AC Schnitzer front splitter.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:38 PM
MomMini
3rd Gear
My husband wanted to go with the 18" wheels. I was told it was a stiffer ride so decided not to. This is car is my daily driver....a really fun mom car:-) I do not plan to take it on the track or anything. Never done that before or even know where to start. I do go to MOTD. I do want to get ride of the run flats. Not sure what kind of tire I replace it with yet. Have to decide if I want to keep summer and winter tires. Have plenty of time to decide on that while I wait for the car.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:09 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by corchar1
I put my order in a couple of weeks ago, was told it would start production the 1st week of Jun with a completion the last week of Jun. The wait kind of sucks but that is part of the game. Heck, all good things take time.

I ordered almost the same build as you, except I got the auto and 18” wheels.

I already made an appointment to get KW V3s, wheels 18x8s, Milltek valved exhaust plus down pipe and AC Schnitzer front splitter.
What wheels are you going with?

Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
The RFs aren't that bad with 17" wheels. Sure they're a little harsher than non RFs but what I found is I can just run a few pounds of tire pressure less than recommended and they are better. Mine call for 40psi and if I go with about 37 it makes a difference. And I still have the security of RFs. They used to cost double non RFs but my last set was only about 1.5X non RFs.

The following users liked this post:
BossHoss (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,135 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by MomMini
I ordered a 2019 JCW on March 10th. Called the Ask Mini number and was told that it is scheduled for production week 17 (week of 4/22). I am bummed that it has taken so long to be scheduled and that could change too. Was hoping to have the car in June but it seems more like early July. I am excited to finally get the Mini I want but annoyed I have to wait so long. Dealer said it would take ten weeks from production to delivery. Anyone had one delivered quicker than that?

JCW
White Silver Metallic
TPM
Rear Camera
Alarm
Mini Yours Piano Black
Mini Excitement Package
Floor Mats
Center armrest
Park Distance Contrl
Sat Nav
Color Line glowing red
17in Black wheels
JCW Bonnet strips
Iconic Trim package
Manual Transimmision
My husband wanted to go with the 18" wheels. I was told it was a stiffer ride so decided not to. This is car is my daily driver....a really fun mom car:-) I do not plan to take it on the track or anything. Never done that before or even know where to start. I do go to MOTD. I do want to get ride of the run flats. Not sure what kind of tire I replace it with yet. Have to decide if I want to keep summer and winter tires. Have plenty of time to decide on that while I wait for the car.
Go you.
I doubt that you could find a more fun “Mom” car than a JCW MINI Cooper!

Good choice on the 17” wheels over the 18” wheels. The ride will be much better. And, as was said, keep the runflats. Lower the air pressure a little and you will be fine. When they wear out, there are better ones on the market than what MINI uses that you can replace them with. Check TireRack for reviews. You will be grateful you did keep them the first time you get a “flat” and you don’t have to stop and figure out how to get home without a spare. I have kept mine just for that reason.

I remember when my wife ordered her MINI in 2003. The wait for the build to complete and ship was agony. And, when it did finally arrive, she was afraid to drive it home (it’s so small people won’t see it like they did the Jeep Grand Cherokee). She was grinning from ear to ear after the 6 mile ride home. A great Mom car. Now the grandkids get to ride in the backseat.

Enjoy

The following users liked this post:
BossHoss (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:22 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
And you got the HB which is cool looking. Funny, with the Gen3 cars you don't see the 2 door models very much anymore. F55, Clubman, Countryman is about it. Don't know if I've even seen a G3 Cabrio.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:39 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine was ordered on 3/2. It popped right into the first production week for 2019, so I understand, because many dealers didn't know how to work without the proper literature on the new packages. I knew specifically what i wanted so we just brute forced the order. It's currently on a ride across the Atlantic, may be in my hands first week of May... has to get through the Suez and up to CA...

Have you prepared yourself by learning about how to track production and shipment via the link in 1st Gear sub-forum?

Old 04-11-2018, 03:54 PM
MomMini
3rd Gear
My first mini was a CM and each one has gotten smaller. Countryman was great when kids needed car seats. As my boys get bigger, my cars get smaller. I go back and forth with the RF and Non RF every time I need to replace tires. I usually stay with the run flats. I ordered on 3/10 and the dealer was very knowledgeable. I knew exactly what I wanted so that made it easy. I added on alarm and jcw tune last minute. Hubs wanted that. I think it is too much:-)

I have my R57 to hold me over till new car comes in. Getting rid of the F55. It has been a solid car but ready for something smaller.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:56 PM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Mine was ordered on 3/2. It popped right into the first production week for 2019, so I understand, because many dealers didn't know how to work without the proper literature on the new packages. I knew specifically what i wanted so we just brute forced the order. It's currently on a ride across the Atlantic, may be in my hands first week of May... has to get through the Suez and up to CA...

Have you prepared yourself by learning about how to track production and shipment via the link in 1st Gear sub-forum?
Yes!! I have read the post and taken notes. I have my production number so can track it. I think I was reading somewhere that shipment over seas can no longer be tracked due to security.

Super excited for you!

Old 04-12-2018, 03:00 PM
corchar1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02fanatic

What wheels are you going with?

I’m not sure just yet but I’m thinking about an 18 x 8 with a 45 offset.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:19 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
You need to be careful of the style of wheel so that they will clear the Brembo calipers up front. You probably knew that already, but based on researching wheels from practically day one on the F56 JCW, I believe the sweet spot for a wheel that suits with the geometry to clear the Brembos will be 18” x 7.5” with ET40 or ET45. 8” might work but it will be more critical for clearances. Good luck & please keep us posted. The type of tires you plan to run can also make a difference clearance-wise.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:21 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Yes!! I have read the post and taken notes. I have my production number so can track it. I think I was reading somewhere that shipment over seas can no longer be tracked due to security.

Super excited for you!
Thanks!
What seems to have changed is accessing the WW site's tracker to find the boat your VIN is tied to. I got nothing but NO RESULTS FOUND. When I got back from Japan last week I called the MINI line and just as with all of the other times I went through this process, the live agent had better intel then the OL... they found the ship it was on, and it was already underway. With the name of the vessel, you can then use Marinetracker.com to watch the progress. Though I warn you, the trip across the Atlantic is a dead zone unless you have a maritime account that gives you access to the deep water GPS. Otherwise you wait, if you are on the west coast like me, until your boat gets close to Panama. One time my ship stopped at every port on the eastern seaboard first. Other times a straight shot to the Suez...

Old 04-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Vinman63
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks!
What seems to have changed is accessing the WW site's tracker to find the boat your VIN is tied to. I got nothing but NO RESULTS FOUND. When I got back from Japan last week I called the MINI line and just as with all of the other times I went through this process, the live agent had better intel then the OL... they found the ship it was on, and it was already underway. With the name of the vessel, you can then use Marinetracker.com to watch the progress. Though I warn you, the trip across the Atlantic is a dead zone unless you have a maritime account that gives you access to the deep water GPS. Otherwise you wait, if you are on the west coast like me, until your boat gets close to Panama. One time my ship stopped at every port on the eastern seaboard first. Other times a straight shot to the Suez...
By any chance is your ship the Tomar?

Old 04-15-2018, 04:44 AM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Order tracking final shows scheduled for production and a VIN has been assigned.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
My JCW is indeed on the Tomar, about a day from reappearing on the map as it approaches the canal... dealer estimates first week of May, in order to clear VDC and truck up to Northern California. On some of my MINIs it was only 2-3 days between Port Hueneme drop off and dealer delivery. Others it took more than a week.

I'll be in Asia on business when it arrives anyway, so it's moot for the most part. But still keeping an eye on it!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts

JCW
White Silver Metallic
TPM
Rear Camera
Alarm
Mini Yours Piano Black
Mini Excitement Package
Floor Mats
Center armrest
Park Distance Contrl
Sat Nav
Color Line glowing red
17in Black wheels
JCW Bonnet strips
Iconic Trim package
Manual Transimmision
Congrats, those seats are awesome and they look great too

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Everyone in the MINI world I tell this to spite coffee out their nose, but I configured my JCW with the standard S model sport seats in vinyl, instead of the cool JCW buckets. I just hate hate HATE cleaning mystery kid and pet stains out of cloth.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:06 AM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Everyone in the MINI world I tell this to spite coffee out their nose, but I configured my JCW with the standard S model sport seats in vinyl, instead of the cool JCW buckets. I just hate hate HATE cleaning mystery kid and pet stains out of cloth.
I worried about this too. I will usually drive my husbands F150 when I need to take the kids or pet somewhere. His truck is now the family car:-)

Old 04-18-2018, 11:18 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Yep, so nice you don't want anything to happen to them. Vinyl MINI seats hold up very well down the road, mine still look new in my r52

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Scottkenny
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did the same thing for the same reason.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:07 PM
FlyingScot57
1st Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just like ours

You will love yours. That looks just like our 2016 we bought new from the showroom floor in Oct 2017. You will love it. Only mods so far have been a short shift, whalen shift ****, and a Dinan Elite. Have a new powerflex engine bushing to get some of the engine flex out but that is not installed yet. We love it but looking forward to burning down the runflats and getting some real rubber on this.

You will enjoy - Congrats!

Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
woo!

My MINI may sink in the Pacific, but at least it passed the Canal so sinking in the Atlantic is off the table.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:43 AM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by FlyingScot57
You will love yours. That looks just like our 2016 we bought new from the showroom floor in Oct 2017. You will love it. Only mods so far have been a short shift, whalen shift ****, and a Dinan Elite. Have a new powerflex engine bushing to get some of the engine flex out but that is not installed yet. We love it but looking forward to burning down the runflats and getting some real rubber on this.

You will enjoy - Congrats!

Good looking Mini!

Quick Reply: JCW JCW Ordered