North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   JCW Garage (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-429/)
-   -   JCW JCW vs JCW - which would you pick? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage/325082-jcw-vs-jcw-which-would-you-pick.html)

futureal33 03-13-2018 06:50 AM

JCW vs JCW - which would you pick?

Assuming the deal was the same on both... which would you go for?

Car 1 - Chilli Red / Black Roof 29,000 miles
17" John Cooper Works Track Spoke black
Auto headlights with rain sensor
Darkened Rear Glass
Front Centre Armrest
Front Seat Heating
Heated front windscreen
MINI Connected
MINI Navigation System
Park Distance Control rear
Roof and mirrors caps in black
Variable Damper Control
Visual Boost Radio

Car 2 - Black / Red 46,000 miles

Chili Pack
18" JCW Black & Silver Alloys
Colour Line Glowing Red
Front Centre Armrest
Harman Kardon Hi-Fi system
Media Pack XL
Metallic paint
MINI Connected
MINI Connected XL
Panoramic electric glass sunroof
Roof and Mirror Caps Red
Run-flat tyres
TLC package

MrBlah 03-13-2018 06:53 AM

less miles and no stupid glass roof

futureal33 03-13-2018 06:58 AM

The sunroof was one of my main wants

MrBlah 03-13-2018 07:03 AM

I hate having 80 pound of glass over my head, worst possible place to have it

and they rattle terrible and leak, I've been able to buy a few mini's cheap, repair and sell for profit because the sunroofs leak onto the modules

cyow5 03-13-2018 07:09 AM

If you want the sunroof, get the sunroof. It helps make the car feel a little bigger, but it is not without its cons for sure. I'd prefer the slicktop since I have a targa convertible and a motorcycle, so I can still get an open roof when I want one. Another pro for the lower miles one is the smaller wheels - better ride, handling, and far cheaper tires.

futureal33 03-13-2018 07:13 AM

Very true - I definitely prefer 17" wheels.
Also have 2 R53 JCWs at home which are my fun/track/weekend cars - this F56 would be my daily.

Minnie.the.Moocher 03-13-2018 07:23 AM

Same year, same price I'd go lower miles although I prefer black to red. Fortunately I don't have to make the call.

Whine not Walnuts 03-13-2018 07:25 AM

The op appears to have a vert and for me there is nothing better than being able to drop the top so I can understand the sunroof.

futureal33 03-13-2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts (Post 4374523)
The op appears to have a vert and for me there is nothing better than being able to drop the top so I can understand the sunroof.

Absolutely agree - love my R52 on our (rare) sunny days here in the UK!

F56 would be a daily, so being able to take advantage of some fresh air and light from the sunroof would be nice....maybe not essential, but nice.

cyow5 03-13-2018 08:47 AM

When I went to England for my study abroad several years ago, I remember thinking to myself "surely the gloominess is just an exaggeration; they invented the british roadster!" I then didn't see the sun for but a handful of days for three months, haha.

futureal33 03-13-2018 08:55 AM

Chili Pack - missing from the red one. Am I likely to regret it not being there?

futureal33 03-13-2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by cyow5 (Post 4374556)
When I went to England for my study abroad several years ago, I remember thinking to myself "surely the gloominess is just an exaggeration; they invented the british roadster!" I then didn't see the sun for but a handful of days for three months, haha.

That sounds about right! Also, I am from the North of England which is (usually) even worse than the rest of the country! Still.. I make the most of those rare sunny days!

miniCPA 03-13-2018 11:16 AM

While I agree with the comments, especially about the preference for the 17" wheels, lack of sunroof and lower miles as personal preferences. Which one do you like better? Which one seems to have been maintained better? Which one has a better documented service history? Which one had fewer owners?

Bottom line which one do you prefer?

futureal33 03-13-2018 01:50 PM

I've gone for the lower mileage one :)

Put a deposit down today, hopefully will be picking the car up this weekend!
Unfortunately wont be able to view prior to collecting it!

That's the situation in the UK... there are only 18 JCWs for sale on the Mini UK website! None of which are within 60 miles of me! So I've offered on one 150 miles away.

I'll be adding photos and what-not shortly!

Very excited!

futureal33 03-18-2018 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, last minute change of plans!!

Cancelled the deposit on the original one... and went for a completely different one - with pretty much all the options ticked!

Here she is!

ECSTuning 03-19-2018 08:36 AM

Congrats!

TheBigNewt 03-20-2018 09:40 AM

Better have the upgraded HK sound system. Unless you don't us it. The base one is bad news.

futureal33 03-21-2018 02:51 AM

Sunroof
H/K Audio :)
Reversing Camera
Self Parking (wtf!)
Media XL
Sat Nav
Connected XL
Chilli Pack
F&R Parking sensors
TLC