JCW Led lights and mirror

Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 PM
theblackfalcon
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Led lights and mirror

The led lights on the car are good, but I like additional light especially if I'm driving fast on interstate late at night etc. I don't like the look of exterior lights that are visible during the day, so I looked for a way to hide the lights behind the bumper etc. I put a 8000 lumen spotlight on top of the aluminum bumper support, and 4500 lumen below. I did have to remove some of the plastic between the upper grill and middle bumper support.

A couple of weeks ago I also added a backup camera and a dash cam mirror. It has a 7" screen. I got of amazon for $60 bucks and well worth money I spent.

Sorry car is filthy after me manhandling bumper for a day. I tied the lights in via a relay controlled by the rear fog light button. I may ad a second relay to make them work only when brights are activated. I haven't driven enough at night to see if they are terrible for other drivers. In my other vehicles where I've added lights I make them controlled by the high beams. In this case you would turn on ability to work via rear fog light button then when you click on high beams they would activate.

New mirror. You can switch view from backup camera to front view. It records from and back in 3 minute vidoes.

Normal headlights

With foglights

Install location

On

Installed

Old 02-12-2018, 09:36 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job

I would like to see picts of how/where you mounted the back up camera and your led light bar switches.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks good. What dash cam mirror did you buy?

Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 PM
theblackfalcon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by toyopet
Good job

I would like to see picts of how/where you mounted the back up camera and your led light bar switches.

So I mounted the backup camera up between the exhaust pipes, right in front of the heat shield. From a standing elevation you can hardly see it. From down low it's visible. In hind site I would have mounted somewhere up high inside the glass to look/down on the bumper. Instead I get the ground effect shot in reverse up under other cars bumpers.

The light bar are controlled by the year fog light switch. I wired a relay to the power wire feeding the rear fog lights. In the photo above. So in order to turn on light bar you just hit the button for the JCW rear fogs since our front fog light is a dummy button.

The lights are extremely bright. They are easily 2-3x as bright as the brights. I just measured on Google Maps and I clearly lit up the side of a house at 800ft when I was testing them last night. I am probably going to add a second relay that controls just the upper light bar off the brights. Ie you turn them both on via the fog light button, but the upper light bar only works with the brights.

Last edited by theblackfalcon; 02-13-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 PM
theblackfalcon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Paul
Looks good. What dash cam mirror did you buy?
I guess it's ok saying since they aren't a sponsor. But I ordered the...

Pruveeo D700 7-Inch Touch Screen Backup Camera Dash Cam Front and Rear Dual Channel with Rear View Reversing Camera

on Amazon.

I was very hesitant about ordering because I didn't like the idea of basically rubber banding something on to the existing mirror. After install it is hardly noticeable from inside or out.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:40 AM
theblackfalcon
2nd Gear
Video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lz5nafX9jd8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link showing front facing camera. Note I could set it to 1080 but have only done 720 to save recording time. The clunking sound is a tap measure and mug that where loose in the backseat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kCphL9ZGyAc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rear facing camera.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Ghulan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what size LED bars did you order?? im assuming 20" and 12"??? planning on doing the bars before the dragon