Is an exhaust upgrade recommended ? - Page 2 - North American Motoring

Is an exhaust upgrade recommended ?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM
6th Gear

Get over it people and get back on topic.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 PM

^ exactly. This started as a good discussion and somehow went off the rails. Did a little pruning, back now to the original topic. Thanks all.
The Following User Says Thank You to squawSkiBum For This Useful Post:
vetsvette (11-16-2017)
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgemanron View Post
Based on adding the Dinan Elite to my 2018 JCW - 6 speed - Convertible,
would an exhaust upgrade add anything substantial?
Adding an exhaust in conjunction with a tune or "chip" should be a good combo. After all, you turbo will likely be boosting higher pressure and an upgraded exhaust will help with the exhaust flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentiles View Post
Not really. Some places tout 9hp. You won't feel that. Only really worth it for the sound.
+9HP is obtainable with a good exhaust; couple that with a tune and the combine gain might be a little more. We have tuned a few F56 1.5T Cooper and we can really hear the restrictiveness of the stock exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentiles View Post
I wish I worked for a tuning company. Good try though, I'm just a guy that works in Healthcare IT. Someone who has extensive experience in the world of using many company software flashes and many companies piggybacks. All bought at full cost. But, it seems like because you have a buddy who works at a "speed shop", you know all the "facts." I'm done with this thread as it got far off topic anyways.
We can confirm this. Trentiles purchased the Stage-1 custom flash for his F56 along with the OBD FlashAccess module at our Summer Discount special pricing. He is one of our many happy customers out there and we thank you for your support

Happy Motoring!
Old Today, 08:15 AM
3rd Gear

If still interested in an exhaust AWE Tuning makes absolutely incredible exhaust with many setup options. They also have great customer service.

Remus also has top of the line exhausts, although I am not familiar with their customer setup firsthand I have read great things about them.

If I was in the market for an exhaust it would be one of the above, personally leaning towards AWE.