JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW R58 Coupe S - Stock Vs JCW Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R58 Coupe S - Stock Vs JCW Muffler

Got the JCW muffler installed onto my 2013 R58 S. The JCW muffler has only been on the car for 1 day, so I believe it will break in more and gain some volume. Here is a video comparison I put together:

Old 02-26-2017, 05:44 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
Got the JCW muffler installed onto my 2013 R58 S. The JCW muffler has only been on the car for 1 day, so I believe it will break in more and gain some volume. Here is a video comparison I put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msBj2zvzJoI
Were you expecting the JCW exhaust to be very loud?

This is pretty much what you will get without the factory JCW engine and the complete exhaust line but just the muffler.

It sounds good to me.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dube53
Were you expecting the JCW exhaust to be very loud?

This is pretty much what you will get without the factory JCW engine and the complete exhaust line but just the muffler.

It sounds good to me.
I wasn't expecting it to be much louder, that's why I went with JCW option vs aftermarket. I wanted a nicer deeper tone without getting a lot of drone and the JCW was the best choice.

Really enjoying it right now, but as with any exhaust, they get deeper and gain slightly more volume as miles are put on and muffler is broken in fully. I will drive with the current setup for another 1k miles and I might do the resonator delete.