JCW NM Module in a JCW

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 04:08 PM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question NM Module in a JCW

Just wondering if anyone is running the NM Eng. module in their JCW. Now before some of you get out your "use the search button" answer, Ive seen results of this module on the Cooper S and the Cooper S with the JCW tune or The BMS on the JCW but no definitive numbers or opinions on the NM on a JCW.

Debating on either the BMS or NM for my JCW and would like to hear from someone who has the NM in their JCW, not an S with a tuning kit.

Last edited by NYXF56JCW; 02-04-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:11 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
dont' have it but from what i've read:
- in regular mode it works great and hauls ***
- in track mode (100 octane) it would lag/slow down...as it would possibly get caught as overboost and tune the car down. note that this was while still running 93 octane.

all in all, i'm told leaving it in regular mode works great. but then with BMS, should be able to get it tweaked for the most possible power. that is, assuming you know the adjustable features the BMS kit has.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Antberrie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing the NM module on my 2015 JCW in a week or two. (I'm waiting for the NM alpha springs and 25mm rear sway bar to arrive). I'll report back...

Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I think you would be fine in low setting running pump gas. 3 1/2 pounds of extra boost still provides a substantial kick in the butt. High setting at 5 pounds I would save for when you can get hold of some 100+ octane. Admittedly, I only have the JCW Tuning Kit, but I ran the car for a couple of months with only the module (set on high), then with only the Tuning Kit for a couple days. Just the module on high with stock motor felt more powerful than the motor with the tuning kit alone. The combination of the kit and module set on low is a whole nother animal. By my finely calibrated butt dyno it puts down considerably more power than either of the other modes. I see no reason for it to be different with a FJCW. You'll probably just get more power. I won't get into the argument about going with Burger or NM, I'll just say I went NM for ease of installation (and removal) and appearance. YMMV

Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM
al the mini man
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you know which brand power module he has?

Old 01-19-2016, 11:53 AM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AutoNuvo
In for more information.. A friend of mine in the UK has the power module in his 2016 JCW and tells me that with the module, NM intake, Remus v2 exhaust, and proper fuel..his JCW is dynoing in around 287 WHP.
Proper fuel being the most important part of this statement. 100 octane is my guess.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the JCW TUNING KIT with the NM Power module (running on high setting). LOVE it!

Old 02-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Originally Posted by vetsvette
I think you would be fine in low setting running pump gas. 3 1/2 pounds of extra boost still provides a substantial kick in the butt. High setting at 5 pounds I would save for when you can get hold of some 100+ octane. Admittedly, I only have the JCW Tuning Kit, but I ran the car for a couple of months with only the module (set on high), then with only the Tuning Kit for a couple days. Just the module on high with stock motor felt more powerful than the motor with the tuning kit alone. The combination of the kit and module set on low is a whole nother animal. By my finely calibrated butt dyno it puts down considerably more power than either of the other modes. I see no reason for it to be different with a FJCW. You'll probably just get more power. I won't get into the argument about going with Burger or NM, I'll just say I went NM for ease of installation (and removal) and appearance. YMMV
As per the boys over at NM, you can run it on high and with 91/93 pump gas. Just don't drive the snot out of the car 24/7 that way if you're not filled with race fuel...If you were to take it to the track, it's recommended to run race fuel if you're using the module on high. But on the street, you're fine. I drive my car normally on the roads, occasionally getting a little bit "spirited". I've had it on high for some time now, no problems here.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:51 PM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Do you have an S with the JCW tuning kit or do you have the actual JCW??

Looking for opinions or experiences from anyone that has the NM module on a JCW.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NYXF56JCW
Do you have an S with the JCW tuning kit or do you have the actual JCW??
Read my signature...S with JCW Tuning kit...

Old 02-04-2016, 03:55 PM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Shoof
Read my signature...S with JCW Tuning kit...
Not what I started the thread for. Read original post. Looking for NM module on JCW only.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NYXF56JCW
Not what I started the thread for. Read original post. Looking for NM module on JCW only.
Power gains are very similar between a factory JCW and an S with the JCW Tuning Kit. I really don't think the ultimate outcome of what you're asking would be any different, but suit yourself!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Antberrie
Installing the NM module on my 2015 JCW in a week or two. (I'm waiting for the NM alpha springs and 25mm rear sway bar to arrive). I'll report back...
Did you ever put the nm module in your car? Looking at it for my JCW after I get my tax returns back in a few weeks since no "real" software tune is available out there. And as the weather warms up, means time to hit the Tail of the Dragon or even better, the roads leading up to it!!

Old 02-07-2016, 06:01 AM
Antberrie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jetmechinnc
Did you ever put the nm module in your car?
Nope. I also ordered springs from NM, but those seem to be on indefinite backorder...so still waiting.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:39 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Bummer, I did just read on the minif56.com web site http://www.minif56.com/forum/817-min...neering-3.html
says dyno on JCW at low setting was 30-35 more HP!! Come on tax return!

Old 02-07-2016, 02:37 PM
RDSJCW
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bummer, I did just read on the minif56.com web site http://www.minif56.com/forum/817-min...neering-3.html
says dyno on JCW at low setting was 30-35 more HP!! Come on tax return!
Nice power! How much? Also warranty voided?

Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RDSJCW
Nice power! How much? Also warranty voided?
$380 from ECS tuning or $400 from manufacturer. Can only void the warranty per US law if the part causes the damage to the car. That said, it's not supposed to be traceable if you just unplug it before you take it back to the dealership. I've heard that the Mini Dealership in Charlotte actually sells these to customers. I assume because it's not a huge bump in boost like some custom tunes can be. My 2010 R56 S was running 22 PSI with RMW tune! But never had an issue either.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Yep, right here for 379.95. NM.648846 Its a piggy back system , not a flash tune that can be seen. Has to actually be the part that causes damage like said before.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/NM.648846/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
I've just ordered the NM power module for my 2015 JCW and they said I should have it by next Thursday. Will let you know the results. I have auto tranny, so really curious about that. The tech guy said it seemed to launch much better with the auto over the manual. We will see. Plus my AWE tuning track exhaust should arrive either next Saturday or Monday per the customer service lady I spoke with today. Should make for a nice combo!!!

Old 02-11-2016, 02:47 PM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Ya I bit the bullet and ordered one too.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM
RDSJCW
4th Gear
I've just ordered the NM power module for my 2015 JCW and they said I should have it by next Thursday. Will let you know the results. I have auto tranny, so really curious about that. The tech guy said it seemed to launch much better with the auto over the manual. We will see. Plus my AWE tuning track exhaust should arrive either next Saturday or Monday per the customer service lady I spoke with today. Should make for a nice combo!!!
If u get the AWE S flow intake too-those three mods will get u almost 270 hp!!

Old 02-12-2016, 06:09 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RDSJCW
If u get the AWE S flow intake too-those three mods will get u almost 270 hp!!
I'd like that mod as well, just need to see when it comes out, and the price point. Right now I'm just running a K&N panel air filter.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:46 AM
RDSJCW
4th Gear
I'd like that mod as well, just need to see when it comes out, and the price point. Right now I'm just running a K&N panel air filter.
it will be good -trust me. And relatively inexpensive. Plus make real power-not like the $150-350.00 hot air open intakes that lose power.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:26 PM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette
The module is installed, but it is too soon to comment as the crappy weather is delaying my fun! I have driven it about 25 miles since the installation, but it is too soon to tell, however, the Butt dyno does indicate there is more power. After the pro exhaust is installed and a good romp in the twisties the difference should be very noticeable, however, Mother Nature seems to be determined to snow on my parade! BTW, the module installation is super simple, clean, and easy. I plan to put it on a dyno soon after all of this providing winter decides to cut me some slack!

Old 02-14-2016, 07:53 PM
NYXF56JCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by KYDan
The module is installed, but it is too soon to comment as the crappy weather is delaying my fun! I have driven it about 25 miles since the installation, but it is too soon to tell, however, the Butt dyno does indicate there is more power. After the pro exhaust is installed and a good romp in the twisties the difference should be very noticeable, however, Mother Nature seems to be determined to snow on my parade! BTW, the module installation is super simple, clean, and easy. I plan to put it on a dyno soon after all of this providing winter decides to cut me some slack!
Look forward to getting a review after your weather gets better.

Quick Reply: JCW NM Module in a JCW