North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   JCW Garage (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-230/)
-   -   Adding 380 injectors to 03' JCW MCS?? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage/237098-adding-380-injectors-to-03-jcw-mcs.html)

IQRaceworks 09-07-2012 03:43 PM

Adding 380 injectors to 03' JCW MCS??

I have an 03' JCW MCS.....turns out the dealer installed JCW kits in 2003 didn't come with the 380 injectors, or the JCW intake......just the head, exhaust, JCW flash tune, different plugs, and different SC with the JCW pulley.

Would adding the 380cc injectors to my 03 JCW MCS give any more power? I don't want to have to put the car on a dyno and get a custom tune...just want to install them and go. Is that possible? And if so...any real gain?

If I remember right...the 03' JCW cars were rated at 200hp...and the 2004+ cars were 210hp because of the injectors and intake.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

ACallahan 09-07-2012 05:10 PM

Your car will run with the injectors, but I dont think you will get any benefit from them unless you get the 210 flash on your ECU. Since your already in a JCW you shouldnt have a problem with the local MINI dealership doing it for you relatively cheap. I have heard stories of them not doing the flash on regular MCS because they dont have the "JCW" package.

mernbrad 09-07-2012 05:19 PM

I have an 03 MCS JCW and have added the 380 injectors and intake with the ECU upgrade. The car is smoother and runs much better at the top end. The dealership in my area offered 25% of the parts and install.

carlitosway 09-10-2012 08:33 PM

I have a 2003 JCW and I upgraded to the 380 injectors. dealer did the jcw ECU reflash upgrade with not problem. Car feels like is pulling stronger when pushing the accelerator to the floor.

IQRaceworks 09-10-2012 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by carlitosway (Post 3587832)
I have a 2003 JCW and I upgraded to the 380 injectors. dealer did the jcw ECU reflash upgrade with not problem. Car feels like is pulling stronger when pushing the accelerator to the floor.

Did it do anything to your fuel MPG? Help/Hurt it?

WayMotorWorks 09-10-2012 09:08 PM

You can just install the JCW injectors and go, the car will be richer but that is safe, you will gain a little on the low end as the car needs more fuel there. You will need the ecu flash to maximize the injectors.

carlitosway 09-21-2012 11:13 PM

I don't know if affected the mileage or not. My driving is not always the same.
I will assumed you may lost few miles because they are bigger injectors.

ZippyNH 09-22-2012 06:45 AM

As for mpg...
the 380's are a small increase over stock...
And the computer will dialback the amount of fuel injected in cruise using info from the o2 sensors...you can see this with some ob2 readers underfuel trims....but at wot, the car will use the preprogrammed maps, and then when in cruise or light acceleration (think cruise style), the o2 sensor respondsfast enough, and the "learned" info and fuel trims will be used....
In my "s", pretune with a 17%, i found very little change highway, but more power in accleration, and lower mpg in town....the tune did moderate this,but if i use the power, still a loss.....post tune driven lightly i get better mpg than stock, with safe afr's.
I have been told a 17% with 380's is a pretty good combo, but the 15% with 380's (both no tune) is a bit rich, and some folks make less power....if your dealer will give you a jcw210 updated tune, imo it is a no brainer, get the 380's, cheap hp....no tune (custom or dealer) more of a mixed bag...

mernbrad 09-22-2012 08:25 AM

The car pulls much better off the line, I did seem to loose about 1-2 mpg. I have been a little more aggressive with my driving and that could be the reason for the lose of mileage. I was being very cautious and shifting around 3k, now I seem to be shifting around 4k.