North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Bimmian Smoke Out Kit (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/41366-bimmian-smoke-out-kit.html)

amorican 04-16-2005 09:11 AM

Bimmian Smoke Out Kit

Anyone use the side marker smoke out kit from Bimmian. I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed. The films are very poorly cut and sized for this application. Its almost as if they are for some other car. And they fail to even entirely cover the reflector...so what's the point.

Wondering if anyone else has a view on these.

Thanks,

TJM

Kellzir 04-16-2005 02:32 PM

Thats horrible! I was thinking of getting the ones from Outmotoring and now I hope I don't experience the same thing.

mini d 04-16-2005 02:53 PM

Not good!

:sad: :sad: :sad: I just bought a set from Bimmian, I hope I don't run into the same problem. Will let everybody know if I do.:mad:

TheBlackBrian 04-16-2005 06:06 PM

I got some from moss mini, and they fit perfectly.

mini d 04-18-2005 08:25 AM

You are absolutely correct!

Originally Posted by amorican
Anyone use the side marker smoke out kit from Bimmian. I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed. The films are very poorly cut and sized for this application. Its almost as if they are for some other car. And they fail to even entirely cover the reflector...so what's the point.

Thanks,

TJM

2 of the 4 don't come anywhere close to covering the marker lights. :mad: :mad:
It's as though they made them smaller to fit on a single backer sheet!:mad: :mad:

amorican 04-18-2005 09:50 PM

Yeah

Originally Posted by mini d
2 of the 4 don't come anywhere close to covering the marker lights. :mad: :mad:
It's as though they made them smaller to fit on a single backer sheet!:mad: :mad:

See what I mean...? Lets send em back! I've seen some good ones, thinking they must be from outmotoring, cause these suck!

TJM

spurvis 04-19-2005 08:54 AM

Mine Fit

I bought my Laminx tinted covers from RSpeed MINI and they fit just fine. It seems to me every one of these venders are just buying the bulk Laminx product and doing their own cutting of the reflector size. Go with RSpeed if you want them to fit. After this is the cheapest way to blacken the reflectors out and remain legal! Good luck!

KiLO 04-19-2005 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by forevercornered
I got some from moss mini, and they fit perfectly.

DITTO!!! Love 'em.

I think Moss sells them for like 30 bucks for the side markers. Also, I did the tail lights with the Lamin-X film asd was really happy with how it turned out :D

steebo777 04-19-2005 12:12 PM

I bought the same exact ones from OutMotoring.com and you have to remember one important thing: They are labeled for each side and for front/back. I made the mistake of putting the right rear on the front left and was a bit ticked over it being incorrect. Then I realized the reflectors are not all exactly the same :)

Front photo of the Bimmian on MINItron:
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/95/picture0137qw.th.jpg

mini d 04-19-2005 02:04 PM

Maybe Bimmian changed them.

Originally Posted by steebo777
I bought the same exact ones from OutMotoring.com and you have to remember one important thing: They are labeled for each side and for front/back. I made the mistake of putting the right rear on the front left and was a bit ticked over it being incorrect. Then I realized the reflectors are not all exactly the same :)

Front photo of the Bimmian on MINItron:
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/95/picture0137qw.th.jpg

I tried them in all different combinations and there were two of the four that would not come close to covering any of the side markers! And when I say not close, I mean 1/4" on each side of the tint.:mad:

amorican 04-19-2005 07:28 PM

Ok

So now I'm worried. I just ordered some from Outmotoring and am hoping I am not just "doing it right." But I swear, the Bimmian ones are real chop job, and the biggest thing is they seem to be well short in length from top to bottom. I just can't under any circumstance see these fitting.

I guess I'll give the new ones a shot and see what happens.

TJM

bimmian 04-20-2005 07:23 AM

Hi Guys,
I was notified about this problem, and I have a genuine desire to make sure I have a high quality product. I would like to offer each of you a replacement at no cost for the ones that you have that dont fit.

Unfortunately i will be out of town for a week, so this timing is not great, but please accept my apologies. When i get home, i will re-measure the reflector sizes on the mini, and get you all new sets.

Can each of you with this problem please visit www.bimmian.com/contact

enter your email in the box, and send an email to customer service. we will ensure you get replacements asap.

Thanks
Ian

Originally Posted by amorican

Thanks,

TJM

mini d 04-20-2005 08:34 AM

Thanks Ian!

That is mighty nice of you! I have filled out the form and sent it in. Will post concerning the results. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Edit: In all fairness I must say that I also ordered tailight tint and those worked flawlessly and look great!

mini d 04-29-2005 12:55 PM

Just a follow up for all concerned.

I went to the Bimmian site and did as Ian instructed (that very day) and have heard NOTHING back from them?!!:confused: :mad: So as of now, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND buying the smoke out kit from them. :sad:

Kellzir 04-29-2005 01:56 PM

I went to the Bimmian site and did as Ian instructed (that very day) and have heard NOTHING back from them?!!:confused: :mad: So as of now, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND buying the smoke out kit from them. :sad:

Oh man. I hope everything gets situated for you. This is not helping Bimmian out in anyway.

IrishCooper 04-29-2005 02:06 PM

He did say he was going to be out of town for a week its been 8 days. Maybe he hasnt gotten back yet or something.

mini d 04-29-2005 04:36 PM

I guess you're right.

Originally Posted by IrishCooper
He did say he was going to be out of town for a week its been 8 days. Maybe he hasnt gotten back yet or something.

I hadn't noticed the post said he would be out of town. I will give them a little more time. Will keep everybody updated.

nparker 04-29-2005 05:12 PM

These are theones I used on my car: http://www.lamin-x.com/Mini.html.

I bought the complete kit (headlights, sidemarkers, tails, fogs, and blinkers):thumbsup:

steebo777 04-29-2005 06:35 PM

That is nice of him to offer it, so I'm sure he isn't avoiding you. Probably got a little too tipsy on his vacation and woke up in a strange country... happens to the best of us :razz:

bimmian 05-11-2005 07:56 PM

Problem Solved

Hey guys:

Sorry for the delay in getting the corrected film sent to you.

I have gone ahead and put a new order for the film in for each of you who have ordered in the past.

It will be sent automatically tomorrow, with no need for you to do anything.

I test fitted the new set today, and it looks good.

I am really sorry it took so long,
Thanks for your patience.
Ian

mini d 05-20-2005 12:15 PM

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Just wanted to post the Bimmian CAME THROUGH!! I just received the new set of marker lens tints in the mail yesterday. Thank you Ian!!:thumbsup:

TWISTER 05-20-2005 12:23 PM

So did I!

amorican 05-22-2005 09:53 PM

Yes

Originally Posted by TWISTER
So did I!

Ditto! And they even refunded my original purchase. Thanks Ian, your company is a swell one.

TJM

steebo777 05-23-2005 08:31 AM

Cheers Ian! :thumbsup: