Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior redoing and dyeing seats my experience

Old 02-15-2019, 08:06 AM
ssean72
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
redoing and dyeing seats my experience

Every since I bought my Checkmate I have hated the seats, well today I started to do something about it. I had the set of factory heated seats from my parts car that were black and the light blue from 2006, so I desided I liked those seats a whole lot better, but the blue didn’t match my space blue. I ordered the heated seat wiring harness and installed it a few weeks ago along with the seat, and it is nice having the factory heated seat option. I had taken the seats to get redone with the blue dyed space blue, but when I picked them up they were just painted with some duplicolor leather paint...... I was not happy with how they came out at all so he removed all of the crap from them and I just took the seats home to start the research on how to dye leather seats properly. I searched the net for a couple of days and Seat Doctors kept coming up, I did a bit more research and come to find out they sell real leather dye not stupid paint. I places a order for space blue, the next day I got a email saying they don’t have the blue I was looking for, but would be more then happy to mix up some if I sent a sample of my Space Blue. I sent out a sample and waited, I got a reply saying they got my sample and would have my dye out the next day, they also sent me more then I ordered to cover what it cost me to send them the sample. After a few hours in the garage I am so impressed with their products. I got my rear done and wow they look new and feel like new leather. Here is a few pics of the rear seats redone along with a few of my start of the fronts.

Last edited by ssean72; 02-15-2019 at 08:22 AM.