Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Way Motor Works Deadpedal review

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 03:18 PM
UW Mitch
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Way Motor Works Deadpedal review

3 years ago when I bought my R53 from the original owner I did a HPDE which was a ton of fun. Last summer I just had other things going on. This summer I was able to make it out to PIR 3 times. Some friends in the local mini club suggested before I do any additional performance mods, I purchase 2 things - the Schroth Quick Fit harness and a Way Motor Works DeadPedal. I got both from Way.

I think most people understand the benefits of the Schroth so I won't go into that. What did surprise me was how much the extended dead pedal actually mattered. The idea is that your foot rests at the level of the clutch. When driving with my foot on the dead pedal I feel more stable through turns. It took a couple weeks of getting used to, but now I can't go back to driving without it [evidence of this was when I testdrove a friends 2006 JCW and it felt very weird to have my foot so far down on the floor].

If anyone is doing HPDE and is thinking what kinds of things they should get, I'd highly recommend this.

Little video on my Youtube of installation:

The following users liked this post:
WayMotorWorks (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Good job.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:26 PM
socalva
1st Gear
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
It looks like it blocks the fuse box door. Can you confirm it’s still accessible?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:39 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by socalva
It looks like it blocks the fuse box door. Can you confirm it’s still accessible?
It does a little, but you can still pop the door off

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more