North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Red Dash and Tartan Red/Leather Seats (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/30293-red-dash-and-tartan-red-leather-seats.html)

MandaBoo 09-02-2004 03:40 PM

Red Dash and Tartan Red/Leather Seats

I was just looking at the '05 configurator (it's up!!!:grin: ) and I became concerned when I looked at the red body colored dash with the Tartan Red/leather seats. When I looked at Canada's configurator they looked good together. On the US configurator (different view) the reds don't look good together. Has anyone seen this combo and if so, what did you think?

Ozbone 09-03-2004 04:38 AM

"Beauty is in the eye of ...."
I saw some photos of a new CR/B MCS with the red/black seats and CR dash over on Mini2.com and I - personally - found too big a difference in the two interior reds; I ordered the anthracite dash in my CR/W MCS. But keep looking you should be able to find some pics of an '05 with the red dash.

JoeDentist 09-07-2004 03:21 PM

OK - first things first. The upholstery offered in the U.S. is the Octagon Red Cloth/ Black Leather combo. The Tartan red is either last years color or the slip-on seat covers offered as an option.

I too have seen pictures of the Chili red and Octagon red that seem to clash, but I also see pictures of Purple Haze that look like Indy Blue. The secret is that cameras. monitors, and compression often change the color that you see. I suggest that you solicit people with CR exterior and ORC/BL interiors and seee what they think.

MandaBoo 09-07-2004 03:33 PM

Well, technically we're both right. According to the configurator its octagon tartan red. Octagon being the texture, tartan red being the color. But anyway...the last time I spoke to the MA I've been working with I asked her if she's seen the combo and she said that she had seen it and she thought it looked fantastic. From my experiences with her so far she doesn't seem to say she likes stuff just to sell more as she has told me about several things that she doesn't really care for that can be some higher priced items. She told me she would try to find some better pics for me, so we'll see

sequence 09-11-2004 12:28 PM

It's Nice...

Dont believe the configurator, it's not very precise, color-wise. Purple Haze looks like Neon Purple :lol:

It does look fantastic. The red in the seats isn't exactly CR but it's close, and with all the other silver and black trim it just adds to the non-boring pure English car fun factor. And with the chrome line option? Well, it just looks even more fantastic with that bit o sparkle....:smile:

I ordered it for my 05 MCS, and I expect delivery early next month. Will post pics when here. Jimbo

PS go to MINI2.com chek out these pics of Kurt Collins' 05 CR/B MCS with the red/black/chrome/silver/anthracite interior. I've heard people say this is the most beautiful Cooper they've ever seen.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthrea...black+interior

jazmini 09-11-2004 04:42 PM

Agreed sequence,

Red and grey are one of the best color combos, and that red MCS on MINI2 is fantastic. :smile:

MandaBoo 09-11-2004 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by sequence
PS go to MINI2.com chek out these pics of Kurt Collins' 05 CR/B MCS with the red/black/chrome/silver/anthracite interior. I've heard people say this is the most beautiful Cooper they've ever seen.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthrea...black+interior

Thanks for teh info. I think these pics look really good. Takes some of my worries away!:grin:

sequence 09-11-2004 07:36 PM

Thought you'd like that

Today I drove a B MCS demo with the red/black seats and they're nice: cloth where it counts (really grippy too) surrounded by leather. And the red seat color is about a 1/2 shade darker than CR, but still provides a nice contrast.

It's like the Lapis Blue leather doesn't exactly match EB or IB or HB or CB-- but it looks good anyway. :smile: Need not be a perfect match, aesthetics-wise. Jimbo

Oscar: CR/B striped CW and prem paks, 1/2 of sport pak (xenons, fogs), chrome mirror caps, red C/black L interior, CR dash/door trim, chrome line interior, anthracite HL, H-K, tint, alarm, aux jack. Expect delivery 9/31

Revwillie 09-11-2004 07:53 PM

that is nice

I was considering Something Similar with Hyper biue/ Black and lapis

JoeDentist 09-11-2004 07:55 PM

I have the red cloth/black leather in a Purple Haze '05. If that don't kill you, nothin' will!

sequence 09-11-2004 08:11 PM

PH with R/B?

Wow. Most Awesome. Kill me with a dentist's drill :lol: Jimbo

sequence 09-11-2004 08:13 PM

BTW Joe the Dentist: what is the "cobalt" skid plate, how much, and what does it weigh? Thanks, Jimbo

JoeDentist 09-12-2004 05:17 PM

Cobalt is just a brand name from the company that makes it. I have a regular steel unit which I think weighs 26 lbs. - I will be drilling and tapping a few extra holes so I can attach things, but the weight should stay about the same. With my gravel driveway, I need the extra protection. Aluminum version weighs about 16 lbs I think. I paid $119 and bought some stainless steel hex head bolts on the reccommendation of the board members for another $10 or so.

VanCooper 09-13-2004 12:21 AM

Hey MandaBoo, are you in Vancouver? if so I invite you to go to Mini Yaletown and have a look at the Manager's demo 2005 Cooper S. It's got a Chili Red body and top as well as exactly the color combo you're asking for. The red/black seat combo and the red dash, I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow for you when I take delivery of my MCSC

MandaBoo 09-13-2004 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by VanCooper
Hey MandaBoo, are you in Vancouver? if so I invite you to go to Mini Yaletown and have a look at the Manager's demo 2005 Cooper S. It's got a Chili Red body and top as well as exactly the color combo you're asking for. The red/black seat combo and the red dash, I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow for you when I take delivery of my MCSC

Nope, I'm in Cincinnati (just changed my profile). Some more pics would be great though! Have a great first day with your new Mini!!:grin: