Interior/Exterior Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:08 PM
xenor
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)

iPhone mounted using Proclip's center mount, multi device adapter, and adjustable iPhone mount.

iPad mounted using Proclip's center mount, multi device adapter, 1.5" right spacer, and iPad mount.

Above, but landscape.

iPhone holder is great, and mostly the primary thing I use. I stream pandora via bluetooth mainly, and use TomTom.

iPad holder is functional, but excessive and I can see it being a distraction. It takes a little room away from the passenger, but you can shift without any interference (thanks to the spacer...otherwise you'd be screwed).

It's important to note that the Proclip holder uses the gap between the CD player and wraps around the trim (piano black in my case) on the center console. Two things. The ProClip mount was very thick where it pushed into the gap where the CD player was. I was able to carefully use the dremel with a sanding tool to remove material until it fit, and would not distort or damage the OEM plastic. Also, I was concerned that the clip would eventually scratch or mar the piano black plastic trim. To prevent this, I installed some clear bra material (Avery Nano Fusion it happens) on the piano black trim. The installation is solid, and shouldn't cause any damage with use.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM
miniMAUL
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking mount! And good description of the install. I have a Ram Mount with aluminum mounting arm to a ball socket where I attach either a phone holder or iPad mount. Using Nav Apps on the iPad is great, easy to switch to weather radar, or find a place to eat.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM
xenor
4th Gear
Do you have any details of your Ram Mount? I have been researching other mounting options other than the ProClip center mount. I even prototyped a mount that uses a bracket and comes from the glovebox, but the sheet metal I used was too thin and the mount vibrated/bounced with the phone/ipad attached.

I might be interested in the Ram Mount if it's a cleaner solution than the proclip.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM
miniMAUL
1st Gear
Here are links to the parts that I found and ordered off Amazon and also some pics of it installed. You can read the reviews of the mount or Google it for other photos. I do have the upright post stabilized partway up with a velcro strap attached to the shifter pod/cup holder surface.

*Edit: Sorry for size of pics. I will try to reduce size and repost. Edit Done.*

RAM MOUNT POD I UNIVERSAL NO-DRILL VEHICLE MOUNT
Amazon Amazon

RAM Tab-TiteTM
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by miniMAUL; 09-23-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Reduced size of pics
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 AM
xenor
4th Gear
Looks awesome! Next question, does it vibrate or bounce?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM
miniMAUL
1st Gear
Originally Posted by miniMAUL
I do have the upright post stabilized partway up with a velcro strap attached to the shifter pod/cup holder surface.
Yes it will vibrate at times but by adding a tie down along the upright portion of the tube it minimizes it greatly. This can be done where it doesn't even show unless you are down in the passengers footwell looking for it.

And sorry to the OP, not meaning to hijack your thread. I would still like to see some more closeups of the Pro Clip where it attaches to the dash.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
xenor
4th Gear
No problem, and thanks for the info. This thread is more of a mounting option discussion thread, though it didn't start as such.

I will post some more pics (probably use my iPhone camera, but still) tonight.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
xenor
4th Gear
Attached some photos of the mount. I recently reinstalled it. Replacing the double sided tape with some wider strips. I also reinstalled the paint protection film on the piano black trim. Lastly I sanded the proclip mount to be a little thinner and more conformed to where it inserts between the CD player and trim.

Attached Thumbnails Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)-image-805431224.jpg   Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)-image-1812851059.jpg   Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)-image-1796792073.jpg   Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)-image-2085242505.jpg   Proclip Center Mount (iPhone & iPad Content)-image-2458306390.jpg