Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Is anyone interested in Boot Coolers?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 PM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Is anyone interested in Boot Coolers?!

I got bored one day, and being tired of having my groceries fly all around the boot after i go shopping, i decided to build myself a Boot Cooler!

I had to build one because after checking out a dozen actual coolers, i realized NONE of them fit, due to the angle of the rear seats, and "odd" size of the boot area. they were all either too big, too tall, too wide, or too small to be of any use.

After a trip to Lowes, and some wood, styrofoam, and other bits, and lots of hard work, i was able to build a perfect fit, custom boot cooler. This cooler Friction fits into the boot, utilizing those odd U bolt deals in the boot. I also added a strip of LEDs and a switch, for when its dark.

The guys at Mini of Orlando love this thing (as do I). So, I wanted to see if there were any other Mini enthusiasts that would like a "Custom Boot Cooler" for their Mini!

I would like to start making these, and have some available for sale. If anyone interested could post what you think about the idea, and a fair price you would pay, I may just start a little side hobby for some spare cash

Last edited by astroBlackMetallic_Mini; 04-24-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 AM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Nobody?! over 100 views, no replies at all?

no interest? nobody thinks this is cool or stupid?

i can / will post better pics... these were taken with ipad 2 = crappy camera

Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Flamewinger
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that if it were available to buy and put into the boot, there would be more interest. To have to make one is difficult because not all have tools to do it with.

It has given me an idea to make one sinc ethe $80 version I bought from Walmart was too big and didn't work with the Mini boot.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
well, yes, the first one (so far) was fairly time consuming, which is why i wanted to get a poll of interest before i waste some weekends on this project.

i was hoping to "clean up" the process of having one made, and to make it still fairly cheap (mine was fairly cheap actually as is), while keeping the quality.

i can assure you, that Mine is of great quality, has many layers of insulation, it keeps foods hot / cold for hours! and its just tall enough to fit a 12 pack, or a gallon of milk!

i had to take precise measurements to make it fit just right, allowing for your hands to be able to pull the thing out, open the lid proper, and still be able to unlatch the rear seats!

Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
nskripsky
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you could figure out a way to waterproof it and get it to properly drain, you might have something there.