Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Sooo Many Mods, what to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:35 AM
SilverBullet3687
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooo Many Mods, what to do first?

Hey Guys-

I just took delivery 1 month, 1 week ago. Nothing but pure fun. The only guy who has beaten me on the highway was an M5. Those go kinda quick. So anyway, I want to get revenge on this M5 by the summer. As I am fairly new to the site, I see all of these modifications which are awesome, but I don't know where to start. I think I am going to put a new alpine head unit and jl sub in for xmas as the roads here in NJ will not be too kind to sport wheels in the winter. The new wheels will probably come some time in the spring. But I also want to add sparco seats and harnesses, pulsating aqua street glow, tinted windows, and...drum roll please...

MINI MANIA STAGE 2 KIT.. What should I put in first? The order is only tentative, but I was wondering what you guys thought. Also, any other suggestions, let me know.

I want to make the M5 guys go like this -->

Happy motoring,

for those in jersey, watch for the black ice

chris

Old 12-08-2005, 06:45 AM
mbcoops
6th Gear
WELCOME! Where in Jerz are you? If you want a motoring mate, drop me a PM.

Revenge on the M5? You'll have to check out the many threads on twincharging your MINI. You're not going to beat an M5 driven by anyone with any skill in a normally modded MINI. I don't believe twincharging is any guarantee either, but if you throw some twisties in there... Oh yea, M5's handle well too:impatient

mb

Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
yah but the m5 has 5k pounds and 400-Bhp engine. Might be possible. I bet if you could find the exact hp to wieght ratio you could come close on your mini to it. and have quite a chance

Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
First of all welcome on-board .

I dunno what year M5 you did challenge, but if it is 2000 and up, there is no way that you will be able to beat that monster, with any and all mods possible. If it is the new M5, just forget about it. as far as my knowledge is concerned, there is a slight chance of taking him on twisties, like i said, slight chance with the correct suspension set up and tires. Of course this assumption is based on estimating the same skilled drivers.

anyways, i do not want to take this thread to a different topic. Here is what I would if I were you. start with a cold air intake, and then a supercharger pulley and then an exhaust, and then remap the ECU. These are going to cost you under $1,200.00 and you will notice the performance gains immediately, the car will be more fun.

Meanwhile, a rear sway bar is a must for crisp handling. Depending on your choices, you can get lightweight wheels with super stickies and lowering springs to make the handling better.

these are the baby steps, there is bunch of cars here, that are loaded like space shuttles, and those guys will assist you with the next steps.

good Luck,

Berky

Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 AM
JeffS
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SilverBullet3687
MINI MANIA STAGE 2 KIT.. What should I put in first? The order is only tentative, but I was wondering what you guys thought. Also, any other suggestions, let me know.

I want to make the M5 guys go like this -->

You know Mini Mania is the MOST expensive place to shop right? Seems like their strategy is to add 25%+ to everyone else's price.

Anyway, you're going to need SERIOUS modifications to run with an M5. They're running high 12's in the 1/4 mile STOCK. At highway speeds you'd be at an even greater disadvantage.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Pir8 97
4th Gear
<dad>
First, find yourself a track or drag strip in the area and quit street racing like an id10t. You don't want to end up like this guy
</dad>

Next, learn how to drive your car and you can beat almost any car with a bad driver. I highly recommend this, http://www.minidriving.com/.

Don't do what so many of us did and buy the first kit you see. Take time and look through the performance and suspension mods forums. If you still want the mania kit then go for it.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pir8 97
First, find yourself a track or drag strip in the area and quit street racing like an id10t.

Next, learn how to drive your car and you can beat almost any car with a bad driver. I highly recommend this, http://www.minidriving.com/.
what he said !!! and read the rules about street racing ...

The FIRST best mod is Driving School

Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
I too vote for driving school! Why you ask? Cause I crashed my 3 day old MINI.... Thats why!!! AND I also vote AGAINST the MINI Madness parts... why waste money- you can get the same things elsewhere and save $$... ooo and the twincharger kit is NICE!!!!!!!!!! Hubie created a great little product there.
first mod? hmmm sway bars, a pulley or an Alta CAI would be my vote.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
SilverBullet3687
3rd Gear
Guys-

I did plan to go to driving school, and I'm not the idiot that goes 120 in Rush Hour. Also, I am not much for hardcore racing, and I never drag race. I was just messing with the guy on 78 (I pass him, he'd pass me, etc.) However, as I get more and more mods, I do want to go to driving school to learn how to manage it. I am a young guy, and I trust myself about as much as my insurance company rates with this car. I am in Basking Ridge NJ to answer the other guys question and if there are any other guys in the area who would like to start motoring places, give me a shout. Thanks for all the help and telling me NOT to go with Mini Mania, def. will do some more research. Can't wait for summer cruisin as I got the car in the fall, and I don't wanna go through the snow this winter. My cars dirty enough. Also, if anyone has name suggestions, let me know.

peace

cg

Old 12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Pir8 97
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SilverBullet3687
I did plan to go to driving school, and I'm not the idiot that goes 120 in Rush Hour.
Glad to hear that

BTW, the car in the pic was going 85 when he lost it

Old 12-08-2005, 11:44 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
AND I also vote AGAINST the MINI Madness parts....
You mean MINI Mania?

Old 12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
SilverBullet3687
3rd Gear
BTW, the car in the pic was going 85 when he lost it [IMG]images/smilies/cry.gif[/IMG]

^Yes, I have seen that site and that picture. It is the thing that inspires me NOT to speed recklessly and appreciate the beautful machine I worked so hard for.