North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Chili Red/Chili Red or Alpine White/Alpine White??? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/168841-chili-red-chili-red-or-alpine-white-alpine-white.html)

Duck360198 05-13-2009 07:08 AM

Chili Red/Chili Red or Alpine White/Alpine White???

I'm really wanting a project car to kind of go to town on. I have two combinations running through my head right now:

Chili Red/Chili Red '06 MCS or custom painting an '06 MCS to be Alpine White/Alpine White.

Both would undergo mods with springs and/or coilovers, wheels, BBK, Aero Kit (or another kit) with painted arches, Joey Mods, and whatever else I see fit.

So my question is to you....which combination would be sexier and why? Both good choices? Or is it a no contest and one would definitely be sexier?

Please let me know your thoughts!!

TRuTH 05-13-2009 07:29 AM

White on White to me is the classiest looking color on any car in my opinion. How ever if you are get a paint job Cadillac has a color called Diamond White that is absolutely gorgeous. MY DHS was in this color before I sold it to downsize:lol:.

xnotfunkylex 05-13-2009 03:37 PM

Both would look pretty sweet. But if you are building it as a project car I would go with something that you can't buy straight from the factory. Take it up that extra level, so white/white.:thumbsup:

CR&PW&JB 05-13-2009 03:54 PM

Having a MINI painted Alpine White would be pretty darn expensive. It would be much cheaper to buy one that is Pepper White. :nod:

miniola 05-13-2009 03:57 PM

Alpine White would just be SO unfair!:lol:

Duck360198 05-13-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex (Post 2765487)
Both would look pretty sweet. But if you are building it as a project car I would go with something that you can't buy straight from the factory. Take it up that extra level, so white/white.:thumbsup:

That's kind of what I was thinking! :thumbsup:

Duck360198 05-13-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB (Post 2765510)
Having a MINI painted Alpine White would be pretty darn expensive. It would be much cheaper to buy one that is Pepper White. :nod:

Well have you ever heard of a CHEAP project car?!? :lol: Other option could be to vinyl wrap, but not sure if the vinyl can be shiny or not. Unfortunately, no Pepper White for me. I need a pure, true white!! :nod: :thumbsup:

CR&PW&JB 05-13-2009 06:21 PM

If you polish PW enough, you can make it look like Alpine White.

:lol:

Malcon 05-13-2009 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB (Post 2765702)

hahaha

nice

07BPB 05-13-2009 09:33 PM

My money is on the Alpine white. Its just gorgeous if it is done right.

What about Alpine White with a Chilli red roof...? Haven't seen that before.

miniola 05-13-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB (Post 2765702)

:sly: I haven't been able to do that yet. Still looks like Ranch dressing.:nod:

CR&PW&JB 05-14-2009 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by miniola (Post 2765934)
:sly: I haven't been able to do that yet. Still looks like Ranch dressing.:nod:

That's odd, mine looks like sour cream. I suggest you clay bar. :nod:

Malcon 05-14-2009 05:16 AM

I going to be investing in a classic mini.
And I'm planning on painting it a pearl white. I have a 66 mustang with an alpine white / silver pearl paint job. and it really makes the white stand out a little more. adds tones of depth. If I could afford to, I'd paint the new mini the same color... but Its just to expensive.
you could wrap it. but it wont be as shiny as paint. It will be glossy. When I used to do car wraps, I would clear coat the car over the top of the vinyl. And that would really make the vinyl shiny like paint. but its really hard to remove the vinyl after that... But the good thing is that it UV protected it, and sealed it off from chipping etc etc.

Anyway that is another possible option.
good luck with your decision!

CR&PW&JB 05-14-2009 06:50 AM

How do you have all these cars, Malcon... in person, you look to be about 22 years old.

Did you get a PhD from Yale at a young age ? :lol: :thumbsup: :wink:

DixonL2 05-14-2009 07:33 AM

Depends on the budget... a paint job will cost a bunch o' money that could be spent on more effective mods, unless a unique appearance is a very high priority.

That said, many folks want a real bright white as opposed to PW (this is not a negative comment about PW). If you've got the resources, bright white. If there's a tradeoff, Chili red.

roofaS 05-14-2009 07:50 AM

Maassy has done his in Alpine White (I think). I'd go for that burnt ornage/rust color that Bond Mini did :nod:

Malcon 05-14-2009 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB (Post 2766092)
How do you have all these cars, Malcon... in person, you look to be about 22 years old.

Did you get a PhD from Yale at a young age ? :lol: :thumbsup: :wink:

ha well the mustang was my first car... I got it for really cheap from an old lady (typical diamond in the rough story) I had that car for 7 years. and needed something a little more efficient. So i got an SVT focus.. liked it for a year... got bored. traded it for a mini. Then I graduated and got a real job.. and now I have justified spending on my toys.. haha

and I'm 24! (haha :lol:)

CR&PW&JB 05-14-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Malcon (Post 2766193)
ha well the mustang was my first car... I got it for really cheap from an old lady (typical diamond in the rough story) I had that car for 7 years. and needed something a little more efficient. So i got an SVT focus.. liked it for a year... got bored. traded it for a mini. Then I graduated and got a real job.. and now I have justified spending on my toys.. haha

and I'm 24! (haha :lol:)

You obviously have a love for cars. :cool:

Ahhhhh, 24... the baby face fooled me. :nod: :lol:

Malcon 05-14-2009 12:04 PM

here is a picture of the mustang.
You can see that its still a pure white, (now that i think about it, I had the mustang painted from an off white very similar to pepper white, to the pearl white) but around the edges, especially around the headlight, you can catch a little bit of that silver pearl. Just enough to give some depth. I would LOVE to see a mini this color.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...e/IMG_3330.jpg

CR&PW&JB 05-14-2009 12:14 PM

Sweeet !! :nod: :nod: :nod: Even has a Chili Red stripe. :cool: :lol:

Malcon 05-14-2009 12:45 PM

haha its the best of both worlds!

miniola 05-14-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB (Post 2765986)
That's odd, mine looks like sour cream. I suggest you clay bar. :nod:

:lol: It's LOVE BUG season! But I'll tell the husband to get right on that clay bar!:thumbsup:

I probably wouldn't notice the difference between PW and Alpine White AS much if they didn't sit side by side in the garage.:lol: Nah... who am I kidding... even if the Alpine White was gone... there's no comparison.:no:

My other MINI is Chili Red and it's my favorite color... but if I'd been faced with the choice of Chili Red or Alpine White? Ugh.:impatient: Go with the Alpine White! Make the rest of us all jealous and drooly!:razz:

northsidetackler 05-14-2009 07:13 PM

is this seriously a question? white ftw..

MrCooperS 05-14-2009 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Malcon (Post 2766431)
haha its the best of both worlds!

I'm gonna thread jack a bit but I notice that you went to Ai (from your profile). Awesome stuff! I'm also currently at Ai (Boston) doing advertising and marketing. Seeing as how successful you are is good inspiration for me. :grin: