North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior check this tragedy OUT!!!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/15891-check-this-tragedy-out.html)

trplezero 09-22-2003 08:07 AM

I spotted this in front of me going in to the NOPI auto show in atlanta Ga!!! I guess if you cant afford one you might as well still the image of one.https://publish.hometown.aol.com/trp...mtbrand=AOL_US

C4 09-22-2003 08:09 AM

Not my cup of tea, but doesn't look too bad. I am not sure what kind of car is trying to emulate...a MINI?

bmarvin81 09-22-2003 08:11 AM

i always get a laugh out of NOPI shows, nothing better than someone pimping out a chevy cavalier.

Blake :grin:

(just for the record, this pic made my day)-thanks

MGCMAN 09-22-2003 08:15 AM

:grin:

bmarvin81 09-22-2003 08:16 AM

-I just realized that those were the cooper taillights that have a very sad and depressing home on that car. Makes it even more entertaining.

Blake

Chitown_COOP 09-22-2003 08:22 AM

Oh Gawd! I didn't even notice! Sideways Cooper lights!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greatbear 09-22-2003 08:47 AM

Rice Rice Baby!

Back in the 50s when people would slam '49 and '50 Mercs, chop tops of Ford coupes and swap components between brands, that was considered cool (and still is, btw). Taillights, headlights grilles and bumpers were among countless parts swapped between models and brands to make somebody's ride different than the rest.

This is actually no different than what was done back then, so it's a kinda cool nod to history. It aint all that bad, but it makes that car look a lot like a mid '80s Nissan Pulsar with the permanent scowling :evil: look.

Too funny. :lol: :lol:

lurch70 09-22-2003 03:34 PM

Back in the 50s when people would slam '49 and '50 Mercs, chop tops of Ford coupes and swap components between brands, that was considered cool (and still is, btw). Taillights, headlights grilles and bumpers were among countless parts swapped between models and brands to make somebody's ride different than the rest.
I am all for customizing, but leave it up to a pro, because no matter how much money you have and spend on a car ... one thing you can never buy is "taste"

Some things are just butt ugly to everyone BUT the owner :grin:

CooperBeagle 09-22-2003 07:34 PM

Taste is on the tongue of the beholder?

Nobull60 09-22-2003 07:45 PM

OMG !!!!!! :eek: What a kid will do to a car these days. And my parents thought putting a set of Cragers and air shocks in the rear was going over board. Look at this MOM. :lol:

Gonzo0991 09-22-2003 08:19 PM

:roll: In my opinion it looks nasty.... :sad:

Mini_Street_Racer 09-23-2003 01:55 AM

are the MINI's clear tail cheaper than The ones for the cavalier?

you have to give it to the guy though, A for creativity, d- for taste..

minihune 09-23-2003 02:26 AM

>>are the MINI's clear tail cheaper than The ones for the cavalier?
>>
>>you have to give it to the guy though, A for creativity, d- for taste..

I'd have to send this auto design student back to the drawing board for modding his rear with this MINI white tail lamp.

I sorta know why it was attempted since I have these lights. It is all white and very well done- looks good as a part, shimmers in daylight and is small and triangular.
But it is not flat like his rear deck lid and the angles are all wrong for the outline of the deck lid.

Since the light is trick and his car is too, then he thought why not add the two?
Well the spacing is all wrong. The rear lights belong on the outer edges low or high if you like. Any deck lid lights only serve to supplement the outboard lights even if they are smaller ones.

Thanks for posting the pics- have camera- be ready.
:wink:

AC_MINI 09-23-2003 03:11 AM

>>Rice Rice Baby!

Rice Rice Baby??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is more like Bread Bread Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini_Street_Racer 09-23-2003 03:36 AM

I know this is a little OT, but AC_ was it you that purchased the AC_SChitzer MINI at irvine?

just wondering.

(for those who didn't know, there used to be an black/black AC Shitzer MINI at irvine, modded with a borla Exhaust, and intake. AC fenders, S rear bumper and AC front end. Looked sharp but was a CVT, not that there's anything wrong with a CVT, just saying)

'*Ace*' 09-23-2003 11:02 AM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Xanthus 09-23-2003 11:08 AM

For the record, if those lights are stolen....

I DID NOT DO IT AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!

discodan 09-23-2003 11:09 AM

anyone notice that the right side tail light is on th left of that car and the left one is on the right? or is it just me?

no_affiliation 09-23-2003 11:42 AM

I am all for the tail light swap, but he did not do a good job, if they were put on the outside, maybe pointing down it may look better

chrisneal 09-23-2003 11:47 AM

Assuming that it's possible for this to look good (a stretch, admittedly), I think the lights should have gone in the same location they're in on the MINI - on either side of the trunk lid, not ON it. :roll:

bbmykal 09-23-2003 02:56 PM

HOW DID I MISS THOSE!!!

I did not see that car but hey there were thousands of badly moded cars there.

antsmini 09-23-2003 03:04 PM

SO THATS THE BASTARD WHO STOLE MY TAIL LIGHTS!! :roll:

rfibanez 09-23-2003 07:28 PM

At least he used good parts! :wink:

What I dont like is cars that are riced out or with lots of performance mods and show mods that are automatics...kinda defeats the purpose

Redleg13 09-25-2003 01:14 PM

thank God for people like that... they make the rest of us look GOOD!

LaBoy_Mini 09-25-2003 01:21 PM

>>I know this is a little OT, but AC_ was it you that purchased the AC_SChitzer MINI at irvine?
>>
>>just wondering.
>>
>>(for those who didn't know, there used to be an black/black AC Shitzer MINI at irvine, modded with a borla Exhaust, and intake. AC fenders, S rear bumper and AC front end. Looked sharp but was a CVT, not that there's anything wrong with a CVT, just saying)

Sorry Mini _Stree_Racer I got my at Assael MINI (Monrovia) what a sad place :sad: