North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Houston MINI Motoring Society (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/houston-mini-motoring-society-227/)
-   -   Where are the Houston MINI owners?! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/houston-mini-motoring-society/221021-where-are-the-houston-mini-owners.html)

Doc Pain 09-28-2015 05:52 PM

wise words...

i agree 100% actually ive read the same as well but my situation or purpose is a lil bit different.
1. im only choosing slots due to the lesser of 2 evils that "appear so far" to be what comes with composite rotors . The one's i cant afford but still have enuff credit line to 'get' all seem to be as follows: drilled cheapest , slots next , combination cost more and when i did see just plain surface it ended up costing MORE! haha..Guess that tells ya sumthin :) . [every pound lost is $ in tha bank so if i can get composite rotors im gonna swing for it . I dunno enuff about pads but i would prefer them too -------buuuut----buying those frikn rotor inserts when you wear out a pair arent cheap either! --- guess i gota pick the less of 2 evils :D. im gona go check out the brands you posted now. thanx for input :)

some places ive ...'evaded'... have had 4 90 degree curves w/i 400 yards then a hairpin above that approx. 200 yards. Then if by chance you see a logging road or something thats dark where you can cut in real fast you can just sit n wait it out if you got enuff gain b4 they could get a reflection off a window or something. Probably paranoid but ive seen rotors glow pretty quick too ---then again they tend to cool fast also .
appearance is the least of my concerns though...but maybe im just better going with just some decent rotors + ceramic composite [unless those poly-composites arent a fortune and check'm out for shitz-n-giggles...my guess to much $ tough.

Doc Pain 09-28-2015 11:42 PM

how muchh for??

the strut brace??
the one in engine bay or the back???
docpain@sbcglobal.net

who_andrew 01-23-2016 06:32 PM

Spring Branch/Katy checking in.

mishanja 06-30-2016 01:10 PM

Sugar Land here... but I see this thread is pretty dead....

Bcoday 06-30-2016 01:17 PM

Try the Facebook page.

Originally Posted by mishanja (Post 4221863)
Sugar Land here... but I see this thread is pretty dead....

The Houston mini club is pretty active on FB.

who_andrew 06-30-2016 01:17 PM

I stay inner beltway..spring branch actually..I've been wanting to meet another fellow mini owner.

I actually don't have a facebook. *shrugs*

betterways 08-09-2016 02:05 PM

Does anyone know if there are any parts vendors in Houston? Does the club loan tools.

Need a Harmonic Balancer so I'm exploring my options. I've been waiting to be added to the closed FB group to ask there.

swiftycoop 02-02-2017 07:40 PM

I know' thread has been dead for a long time, but I am retired and in Spring and would sure enjoy meeting anyone interested in putting around with Mini Coopers.

dotBob 02-16-2017 12:16 PM

hmms.org is the Houston MINI Motoring Society's official home page, which includes a forum. We used to also hang out at Metroplex MINI www.metroplexmini.org, and went on drives with them regularly to the hill country and other places.

I'd moved away from Houston almost ten years ago, so I'm not up to speed on what goes on there any longer.

swiftycoop 02-17-2017 07:53 PM

Thanks dotBob, the HMMS website seems pretty dead and I don't do Facebook, oh well.
BTW, we used to live in Tobaccoville, just north of Winston-Salem. Just loved NC but work brought us here to TX.

dotBob 02-21-2017 09:15 AM

I moved from Houston to Greensboro, then shortly after traded in my '04 MCS. That's like moving to Alaska then selling my coat. :roll: I got an '11 Countryman S a year ago, and it's been a blast. I had originally groaned at the thought of a large MINI like the Countryman, but when you need to drive around clients for work, it's a great car. Still trying to find more time to hang out with the Tar Heel MINI club. I hope you find active members in Houston. I know they've got to be there!

mishanja 02-28-2017 01:01 PM

i don't do FB either, so ....

swiftycoop 02-28-2017 01:49 PM

Howdy from far northern Harris County, mishanja! :razz:

sikamini 04-29-2017 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by dotBob (Post 4280735)
hmms.org is the Houston MINI Motoring Society's official home page, which includes a forum. We used to also hang out at Metroplex MINI www.metroplexmini.org, and went on drives with them regularly to the hill country and other places.

I'd moved away from Houston almost ten years ago, so I'm not up to speed on what goes on there any longer.

Every first Saturday of the month is a meet.

FunToMini 02-16-2018 07:10 AM

Reviving this. I am in the League City area. Always willing to meet up and hang out with other Mini owners.

dSpotter 07-29-2018 02:25 AM

Houston folks still around on here. :)

Jcw'11 09-19-2018 03:29 AM

I live in spring tx... would like to see more mini's traveling together to go to car meets. Tired of seeing Mustangs and camaros etc. Hit me up! Iagain037@gmail.com

Jcw'11 09-19-2018 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by swiftycoop (Post 4277490)
I know' thread has been dead for a long time, but I am retired and in Spring and would sure enjoy meeting anyone interested in putting around with Mini Coopers.

cool I'm down. Iagain037@gmail.com

sloR56S 07-31-2023 01:35 PM

New Mini Owner

Hello everyone, mini owner here in Clearlake.