Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

HMMC MINI Motoring Hearts Event 1 - Arthritis Walk May 6th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:26 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMC MINI Motoring Hearts Event 1 - Arthritis Walk May 6th, 2006

Arthritis Walk – May 6th, 2006 8:15a.m.
MINI Motoring Hearts HMMC - Event 1 – Arthritis Walk

All right calling all Hawaii Mini Motoring Club members. Have you done your good deed for the year yet? NO? Well are YOU in luck!!! HMMC is having their very first MINI Motoring Hearts Charity event next month on May 6th, Saturday with the Arthritis Foundation’s annual Arthritis Walk. Following the Walk we will be meeting at Central Oahu Regional Park for a post Arthritis Walk brunch paid for by the HMMC. Don’t miss out on the fun and the chance to improve your kharma!!!

What? The Arthritis Walk® is the Arthritis Foundation’s annual nationwide event that raises awareness and funds to fight arthritis, the nation’s leading cause of disability. It is a tremendous opportunity to help improve the lives of 189,000 men, women and children in Hawaii with arthritis or chronic joint symptoms. The money raised will help to fund important local programs and events, such as instructor training, community education, and the Annual Camp Mana'Olana and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Conference for children like Ryan from Aiea, who was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at the age of 6. Best of all, walk in honor of a loved one with arthritis and know you’re making a difference by raising funds to support Arthritis Foundation research, public health and public policy efforts to improve the lives of people with arthritis. Get your company involved or recruit friends and family members to form a team.
  • Join us in a fun, gentle one-mile walk route
  • Write an inspirational message on the Wall of Heroes
  • Wear a blue “hero” hat if you have arthritis
  • Enjoy the fun, festivities and free health information
Enjoy complimentary breakfast, music, dancing, and prizes for a great cause! Registration begins at 7:30 AM and the walk is at 8:30 AM. Best of all, walk in honor of a loved one with arthritis and know you’re making a difference by raising funds to support Arthritis Foundation research, public health and public policy efforts to improve the lives of people with arthritis.

How do we register? Click here to go to our HMMC Team page for the Arthritis Walk and click on "Join our Team".

How much does it cost? Nothing, nada, zip, it won’t cost you a cent. What a deal!!! Just come out and show your support of the event and the spirit of the Hawaii Mini Motoring Club’s Motoring Hearts. If you want to go ahead and donate a dollar or two. No pressure. If you’re a go getter hunt down your friends, family members, co-workers and shake them down for a donation. No matter how big or small every little bit helps. Tell them it’s for a good cause and they’ll be sponsoring YOU to get your butt out of bed early on a Saturday and walk for a mile. Now here’s a little secret. If you raise $100 or more then the Arthritis Foundation will give you an Arthritis Walk T-shirt for your noble efforts.

~Legal Notice~
The HMMC, Keiki Lee, and all other HMMC Officers and volunteers are not held responsible for your actions especially if you hang your friends, co-workers or little brothers upside down while you shake them loose of their lunch money. HMMC does not condone such behavior and suggests you stick to guilt trips only.
~Legal Notice~

Where? Registration will start at 7:30a.m. at the Pearlridge Shopping Center – Uptown. The HMMC will meet at 8:15a.m. outside of the Uptown food court. Look for people with the HMMC logos on the front of their shirts. If you don’t know what our logo looks like here it is…

Where is Pearlridge Shopping Center? Click here for directions.

Okay I’m here at Pearlridge Shopping Center, where is uptown? Click here to see a map of the whole Shopping Center. If you see a Sears, Chili's restaurant, Long's drug store you are in the Pearlridge Downtown area. Reference above map to find your destination. Head north! Uptown baby!

When is this event again? The event is on May 6th Saturday morning. Registration will begin at 7:30a.m. The HMMC will meet at the Pearlridge Shopping Center Uptown food court at 8:15a.m. just prior to the walk which will begin at 8:30a.m.

Where do we go after the Arthritis Walk? The HMMC will be having a post Arthritis walk brunch at Central Oahu Regional Park (CORP). Look for the biggest bunch of MINI Coopers and park near them! That SHOULD be us. If you don’t see any club T-shirts and you don’t recognize anyone from the Arthritis Walk back slowly into your car and carefully start up your MINI and drive around until you find us. The address of the park is:

94-801 Kamehameha Highway, Waipahu, Hawaii 96797

If you need driving directions to CORP click here.

What if I’m not in the HMMC yet? No problemo my amigo. Come on down to this event and Keiki or one of our officers would be happy to sign you up for a measly $24 in annual dues. Believe me it’s totally worth it!

Is that it? THAT’S IT!!! It’s a two for one event. You get to raise money for a good cause, and then go pig out with fellow MINI motorists. What more could you ask for? Hope to see all you 808 Motorists out at the Arthritis Walk!!!

Mucho Mahalos!!!!

Old 04-01-2006, 09:29 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
pyratio...this is by far the BEST HMMC event thread posted...EVER!!!!!!

domo bery mucho!

Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Whoa, so detailed pyratio!

Old 04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
NT2SML
1st Gear
Wow! Sign this boy up for a job at the Advertiser! I second the kudos from DaKineMINI and keikilee - that's a teriffic announcment and so thorough!

Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NT2SML
Wow! Sign this boy up for a job at the Advertiser! I second the kudos from DaKineMINI and keikilee - that's a teriffic announcment and so thorough!
Shhhhhh, don't let the word out or someone will steal him. He's ours, he's ours!

Old 04-02-2006, 06:45 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Sign-ups

Only three signed-up so far.

[Edit : Seventeen (+ one supporter) as of 05/06/06 . $920 raised too! Deanna L. is the bomb!]

Old 04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
no worries, d...we've got a month more, people will sign up!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Hobble, Clink
Hobble, Clink
Hobble, Clink
Hobble, Clink

Well, I lied on the application form where it asks if I'm physically able to participate..... I will be attending and I will attempt to walk, or hop, or limp, or crawl, or...........

Anyone want to put some money on me for motivation?

Old 04-02-2006, 11:38 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Ur Pu'uwai is definitely nt2sml!

Bill (nt2sml),

What can I say? Arigatou x3! (Folks, if you want to see what I am talking about, go to our team website that pyratio listed. )

Sincerely,
Dirk

Old 04-02-2006, 11:42 PM
NT2SML
1st Gear
Sure wish I could join, but I'll be in NY for meetings, but....I did help get the green bar going for the first three volunteers...Keiki, Dirk, & Keith - go team!
Now all you HMMC'ers - let's not be 'mini' about our support - let's show 'em that our donations are as BIG as our pride in our MINIs!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
pyratio,...now, that's an announcement!!

Gotta check the schedule to see if the whole family can participate, again.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:13 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
hey guys...participating in this event will earn you one of these:

Old 04-06-2006, 07:26 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
pyratio-
Outstanding announcement!

Ouch, Did that "Mini Motoring hearts" pin go right through that hand???

I have something that morning but will see if I can get my son to join me.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 PM
pyratio
badges? we don't need no......

--Thanks everyone for the compliments! I just hope it helps get everyone to the Motoring Hearts event.

Keiki congrats on being the first Motoring Hearts badge wearer in the state! You deserve it!

I hope everyone who is free on May 6th Saturday morning can make it down.

I've watched my Mother suffer for years with Arthritis and I can't imagine small children going through those same problems. It isn't just some sore joints and achy backs Arthritis causes sufferers limitations in walking, dressing, and bathing. Here are some surprising facts about Arthritis.
  • Arthritis affects nearly 300,000 children
  • Arthritis affects 66 million Americans (that's 1 in 3 adults!)
  • Arthritis costs the U.S. Economy 86 billion dollars annually
  • Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in people over the age of 15
If you'd like to learn more about Arthritis please go the page listed here:

http://www.arthritis.org/resources/g...ed/default.asp

Thanks everyone for your support. I hope everybody in the club gets at least 1 badge in the coming year. Let's be a bunch of "good for somethings!"

Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
minihune
May 6th is a Saturday.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:21 PM
pyratio
ooops

OOPs thanks Minihune. edited. I think the Capitol Rally this Sunday has been on my mind too much. Mucho gomenasai!
Originally Posted by minihune
May 6th is a Saturday.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:11 AM
Latka
5th Gear
I'm going to check my schedule for work. If our annual certification is *not* that week then I will definitely be there.

(edit)
Crap. My certification is the 2nd through the 8th. I'll be in the middle of it - not sure I'll even have that day off. :(

Old 04-15-2006, 11:58 PM
groove67
1st Gear
Im all in. 1 mile is easy can we RUN!!!!!!

Allen

Old 04-16-2006, 02:51 PM
minihune
Originally Posted by groove67
Im all in. 1 mile is easy can we RUN!!!!!!

Allen
One mile is the total distance (a few laps around the mall interior area).
Last year we started as a big group at walking pace. A few kids started up front and lapped the walkers. With a big group it can be crowded.

As the walkers finished they lined up for refreshments arranged along a few tables in the center of the mall area.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 PM
pyratio
Mini Of Hawaii loves our post!

--Just got a call from Darrel over at MINI of Hawaii and he wanted permission to use our post as their announcement for MINI of Hawaii's flyer/mailer to everyone in their database for this upcoming MINI Motoring Hearts event. Since it was in the interest of promoting a good charity I said yeah sure!

Pretty cool. Our announcements are cool enough for the big boys. Just thought I'd share. Don't worry HMMC I'm still exclusively on your writing staff.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 PM
JCW04
4th Gear
Aloha folks-

Last year was a BLAST!

See you on the 6th!

Aloha!

JCW04

Old 04-22-2006, 01:02 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*woot* I'll be there too!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 AM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minihune
One mile is the total distance (a few laps around the mall interior area).
Last year we started as a big group at walking pace. A few kids started up front and lapped the walkers. With a big group it can be crowded.

As the walkers finished they lined up for refreshments arranged along a few tables in the center of the mall area.
Stay behind me and I'll clear the way with my crutches!

Old 04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
pyratio
Congrats Kbseto!

--Congrats Kbseto for being the first to hit $100. Good job!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 12:56 AM
pyratio
Team HMMC is number 2!!!!

--Thank you so much to the Lum and Wong family for their donations to the Arthritis Foundation. Deanna's family donated a generous sum of money which boosted team HMMC to number 2 in the running for this MINI Motoring Hearts event!

Deanna's sister Donna suffers from Arthritis and Deanna and I will be walking in honor of Donna as well as for my Mother.

Thank you everyone for all of your contributions!!!

Good job and keep going we're at 69% of our goal!!!

Let's hit 100+++% by next Saturday!

Quick Reply: HMMC MINI Motoring Hearts Event 1 - Arthritis Walk May 6th, 2006