Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] HMMC - nomination process?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:09 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] HMMC - nomination process?

Not sure what the "official" nomination process is for next year's board; however, I'd like to nominate keikilee (Keikilani) for the position of President. Her "coming back" has brought life back into HMMC (club chatter, website, club t-shirt, etc.) and it is my hope that she'd be willing to accept the nomination and, if elected, continue to lead the club in a manner that HMMC was originally planned to be.

HMMC Member #5, Dirk M. (aka : DaKineMINI)

Old 11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
To nominate someone, you'll need to be at the general membership meeting during MINI to the Max on the 20th (see above thread).

Old 11-07-2005, 10:01 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bellybean329
To nominate someone, you'll need to be at the general membership meeting during MINI to the Max on the 20th (see above thread).
Really? That's the only way huh? No mail-in nomination process?

[Edit : I just read the thread you refer to; however, it says "There will also be a general membership meeting at 11 am at the park during the event. We'll be accepting nominations for President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary for the upcoming 2006 term. We're also going to outline our plans for the next year and discuss membership renewal." but I did not see it say this was the ONLY method.

I also just read the club by-laws and see for the election process only members that are present at the December meeting may vote, however, the by-laws do not state that a member must be present for the nomination process.]

Last edited by DaKineMINI; 11-07-2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added edit note
Old 11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
You may mail it in, if you wish. I'm aware of the bylaws, but in the interest of being expedient about the process, we'd like to have the nominations as soon as possible, so we can put together a vote with as many members as possible, since the vote will take place during the holiday season, and attendance may be low because of that.We simply did not list an alternative way at this point, since we'd like maximum attendance at the meeting and the subsequent event that day. We certainly would not turn away a nomination brought forth by any other means.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
wow, thanks D!

DAMN...I just got off the phone with my boss, and he wants me to work that day!!!! I have to be there at 930a!!!! aaaahahhhhhhhhhh

*edited...just read reply*

Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
You may mail it in, if you wish. I'm aware of the bylaws, but in the interest of being expedient about the process, we'd like to have the nominations as soon as possible, so we can put together a vote with as many members as possible, since the vote will take place during the holiday season, and attendance may be low because of that.We simply did not list an alternative way at this point, since we'd like maximum attendance at the meeting and the subsequent event that day. We certainly would not turn away a nomination brought forth by any other means.
Thank you for the clarification - so where and how do I mail my nomination that I wish to submit?

BTW, bellybean329 - did I offend you at some time or something? It's my understanding that you are the VP of the club right? It might be just me but it seems your response to me was a bit cold (as if my question/request was a bother to you or something) for one that is a reply to my original post simply asking how I would nominate someone.

I originally asked, in what I thought was a timely manner, to ensure that my desired nomination would be included. I posted in the HMMC section with hopes that this would be sufficient since it was the club's only open forum. Although I would love to be at MINI to the MAX event (as I was last year) to submit my nomination, I can not be at the meeting this year because the board chose Nov. 20th which is a conflict with Super Lap (which some of us members participate in). It is my hope that I can be present the December meeting when the actual vote will take place.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
No, I'm not offended...just clarifying. I wasn't trying to come across as cold, and your questions certainly don't bother me. Part of my job was to answer questions to the best of my ability, and I'm sorry if my tone was off. I was the VP, though I don't think I'm needed anymore at this point, since MINI to the Max is my last event of the year, and I will not be seeking renomination, and I've decided to just enjoy my MINI. I understand that there was a date conflict, but this event has to be done so it's timely for Thanksgiving and Christmas, though we appreciate you donation, which can also be dropped at the dealership at your convenience.

As far as when you'd need to have your nomination in, PM minihune to check on that one. No date has been set for the December meeting as of yet, as that would probably be set at the Nov. meeting, after discussing it with the general membership. The board has not discussed mail-in nominations at this point. You can send it to the snail mail address which is: PO Box 235168, Honolulu, 96823 or email it to info@hawaiiMINIclub.org.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:59 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKineMINI
Not sure what the "official" nomination process is for next year's board; however, I'd like to nominate keikilee (Keikilani) for the position of President. Her "coming back" has brought life back into HMMC (club chatter, website, club t-shirt, etc.) and it is my hope that she'd be willing to accept the nomination and, if elected, continue to lead the club in a manner that HMMC was originally planned to be.

HMMC Member #5, Dirk M. (aka : DaKineMINI)
DaKineMINI,

On reviewing the bylaws:
"Article 6- Election of Officers
A. All nominees for office shall be active members in good standing.
B. Officers shall be selected to serve by majority vote of the members in attendance at the meeting. Officers may serve multiple terms (Not to exceed 2 terms in a row). Election of officers shall take place at the December meeting of each year and officers shall begin their term of office in January following a majority vote of the attending members."
---------------------------

I don't see in the bylaws, the specifics of how the nominations for officers can be made so I would propose the following be acceptible:
You can nominate an active member in good standing for one of the four officer positions if you are a current active member and submit your nomination via 1) email to info@hawaiiminiclub.org or 2) by mail to Hawaii MINI Motoring club, PO Box 235168, Honolulu, Hawaii 96823 or 3) in person at the Nov 20th general meeting at Kakaako park at 11am.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:12 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
where you goin bellybean?

--We'll always need you bellybean! :smile: You aren't leaving or anything are you? Please don't leave! We'll promise to behave. Well in the few months that I've been a member I think you've been an awesome VP. Always helpful, friendly and full of info for everyone. You'd get my vote if you ran again.

--pyratio

No, I'm not offended...just clarifying. I wasn't trying to come across as cold, and your questions certainly don't bother me. Part of my job was to answer questions to the best of my ability, and I'm sorry if my tone was off. I was the VP, though I don't think I'm needed anymore at this point, since MINI to the Max is my last event of the year, and I will not be seeking renomination, and I've decided to just enjoy my MINI. I understand that there was a date conflict, but this event has to be done so it's timely for Thanksgiving and Christmas, though we appreciate you donation, which can also be dropped at the dealership at your convenience.

As far as when you'd need to have your nomination in, PM minihune to check on that one. No date has been set for the December meeting as of yet, as that would probably be set at the Nov. meeting, after discussing it with the general membership. The board has not discussed mail-in nominations at this point. You can send it to the snail mail address which is: PO Box 235168, Honolulu, 96823 or email it to info@hawaiiMINIclub.org.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pyratio
--We'll always need you bellybean! :smile: You aren't leaving or anything are you? Please don't leave! We'll promise to behave. Well in the few months that I've been a member I think you've been an awesome VP. Always helpful, friendly and full of info for everyone. You'd get my vote if you ran again.

--pyratio
Thanks...really, though...there's plenty of leadership at this point, and they'll do a fine job...

Behave?! Who needs to behave !