North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/hawaii-mini-motoring-club-78/)
-   -   Group buy Deals (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/hawaii-mini-motoring-club/48947-group-buy-deals.html)

Blown-Lone-Star 08-16-2005 05:04 AM

Group buy Deals

I would like to explore the idea of getting involved with group buy purchases. This way we can all save lots of money:thumbsup: . Anyone and everyone can join in. The biggest factor is picking out what the majority of everyone wants. This post is for ideas only, then we can narrow down what we should purchase as a team. Here are some examples of what we could buy:

1.arm rest
2. organizer trays(under the steering wheel, behind the shifter, and in the glove box
3. wet okole neopropolene seat covers
4. strut brace
5. stabalizer bars.
6. clear tail lights covers
7. customized decals
8. cold air intake
9. springs
10. brake pads
11. exhaust system
12. short shifting kits

These are just a few examples, please write as many comments as you can think of sharing. please add on to the list, there is tons of things to add on the the MINI. What is you guys want to buy? Let me know. Lets not be shy about it.

bellybean329 08-16-2005 10:36 AM

I made this a sticky...come on, guys...on what can we spend our hard-earned pennies ?? :wink:

Blown-Lone-Star 08-19-2005 02:06 AM

To this point over 41 views has checked out this thread and not one idea? Come on Hawaii. No one wants to put their two cents in, on group buys?

kbseto 08-20-2005 04:14 AM

uhhmmm...how's about a '05-'06 mini with lsd?

ok, ok...how's about a jcw front strut brace?

i think for the new folks, the organizing devices are nice to have, ie. euro shelf, glove box and cubby shelf.

pyratio 08-24-2005 04:40 PM

group buy suggestions

How bout the leather arm rests for the doors from Moss Mini?

http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewPro...eIndexID=47664

That and or the under stearing wheel tray get's my votes.

--pyratio

keikilee 08-24-2005 09:32 PM

:lol: I think by "under the steering wheel" you mean - euro parcel shelf! :lol:

pyratio 08-25-2005 12:58 AM

--hahah yep! You got it Keikilee! That's what I love about this forum when I can't think of something and my mind draws a......darn it! What is it your mind draws when you can't remember what.....huh....oooh pretty shiny Mini mods....

--pyratio <-suffers from OCD and ADD

Originally Posted by keikilee
:lol: I think by "under the steering wheel" you mean - euro parcel shelf! :lol:

keikilee 08-25-2005 01:12 AM

i swear I've got adult ADD...today on the phone with my boss, he asked me a question, and half way through answering it I realized that I had forgotten the question. so like a dummy...I had to say, "wait...what was the question again?" :lol:

I was just laughing because I thought the descriptions given were just too precious! :lol: I figured I'd offer up the proper name just in case you folks wanted to do a search on it. I'm thinking that you might not get good results searching for an "under the steering wheel shelf" as you would searching for a Euro Parcel Shelf! heh

that's a really good group buy...but as an HMMC member, you should be able to buy it at a discount from the dealership, eh?

pyratio 08-25-2005 01:49 AM

--Yeah next time I should get technical and call it the under the steering wheel doohicky or thingamajig. Heheh! 1 point 21 gigawatts... oh no the flux capacitor is overloading under my bonnet!!! No prob Keiki. Correct away, although it would have been funny to see who woulda done a search on that. :lol:

Hey by the way what kind of discount do we get at Mini of hawaii if any? I can't find them on the vendor list. Oh do tell. Thanks Keiki.

--pyratio

keikilee 08-25-2005 02:09 AM

if you join the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club, you'll get the 15% (or something like that) discount on most items at the dealership.

Blown-Lone-Star 08-26-2005 06:30 AM

So were thinking the arm rest and the EURO PARCEL SHELF...:razz: . Does anyone have any other things they want to add? why cant it be an american parcel shelf, I think that the american parcel shelf is that ugly a** cup holder that comes with the MINI. Im sure they dont have that in europe. Only us american pigs have to drive with the super big gulp in our MINIs.

dabluemini 08-26-2005 04:23 PM

Club discounts....group buys

I'm interested too in da shelf thing.... :thumbsup: , and some custom decals :smile: , sounds good. Let us know. :grin:

bellybean329 08-26-2005 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Blown-Lone-Star
So were thinking the arm rest and the EURO PARCEL SHELF...:razz: . Does anyone have any other things they want to add? why cant it be an american parcel shelf, I think that the american parcel shelf is that ugly a** cup holder that comes with the MINI. Im sure they dont have that in europe. Only us american pigs have to drive with the super big gulp in our MINIs.

I like my cupholder...for everything but cups. It's a great phone holder or twizzler holder :wink:

pyratio 08-27-2005 02:28 AM

stupid big gulp drinking americans...

--Hahah! After being in Japan I believe you just might be right Blone-Lone-Star, we're probably the only country that likes to have mega super duper 44oz + drinks while out and about that isn't a beer. I was in a restaurant in Japan and they gave us a 9 oz bottle of orange juice for $5 and a 32 oz of beer for $5. My co-worker was small little white guy and when he picked it up he looked like a giant holding an airplane liquor bottle.

Although I do agree with Bellybean tho about it being pretty versatile. It looks to be a good ghetto ipod, cell phone or mp3 player holster. It's also good for the occasional jumbo mega soda we couldn't finish in the movie theatre. It's not a bad little addition I think.

But the real question is why do we drink so much soda? :razz:

--pyratio

Blown-Lone-Star 08-28-2005 05:52 AM

Before I picked up my MINI at the dealership, I had them yank that cup holder OUT!! I like the suttle and sophisticated clean look...:razz:

cwlouis 09-03-2005 04:27 AM

i was looking at a stress bar (BMP)....as for the "EURO PARCEL SHELF", could this be fitted under the glove box (since i motor solo most of the time).
:razz:

kseckel99 09-03-2005 07:58 AM

I would like to explore the idea of getting involved with group buy purchases. This way we can all save lots of money:thumbsup: . Anyone and everyone can join in. The biggest factor is picking out what the majority of everyone wants. This post is for ideas only, then we can narrow down what we should purchase as a team. Here are some examples of what we could buy:

1.arm rest
2. organizer trays(under the steering wheel, behind the shifter, and in the glove box
3. wet okole neopropolene seat covers
4. strut brace
5. stabalizer bars.
6. clear tail lights covers
7. customized decals
8. cold air intake
9. springs
10. brake pads
11. exhaust system
12. short shifting kits

These are just a few examples, please write as many comments as you can think of sharing. please add on to the list, there is tons of things to add on the the MINI. What is you guys want to buy? Let me know. Lets not be shy about it.

I'd like to get the leather arm rests for the doors from Moss Mini?

http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewPr...teIndexID=47664

and the euro under steering wheel shelf
and maybe a rear strut bar
and maybe front lights and bar (not necessary Piatt, but the original style from Mini type.)

All right my allowance is now spent for the next 6 monts. :lol:

:thumbsup:

keikilee 09-03-2005 10:34 AM

hey louis, good to see you here on NAM more often. the euro parcel shelf doesn't take up more room than you have now. you'll have to remove that cover that's near your knees and the shelfs fits in up there. as a matter of fact, you'll probably have a little more space with this shelf.

eh, take randall motoring....he could use some fresh air! :grin:

Originally Posted by cwlouis
i was looking at a stress bar (BMP)....as for the "EURO PARCEL SHELF", could this be fitted under the glove box (since i motor solo most of the time).
:razz:

cwlouis 09-05-2005 01:31 AM

thanks for the info...maybe we should get spinners as a group buy.. :lol:

i'll check with him, know he is pretty busy now a days with his band...

pyratio 09-05-2005 03:13 AM

dat would be pimp!

--haha! OOooh heck yeah! Put me down for a set of 4 of dose bad boys! :lol: Maybe we could get a giant Mini logo that spins. :thumbsup:

--pyratio

Originally Posted by cwlouis
thanks for the info...maybe we should get spinners as a group buy.. :lol:

i'll check with him, know he is pretty busy now a days with his band...

cwlouis 09-06-2005 06:17 PM

will need to prototype the spinners with the walmart spinner hubs tied strapped to my mini lites...hahahaha... :eek2:

Blown-Lone-Star 09-08-2005 09:46 PM

ok ok so maybe first on the list will be a call to WALMART, we will see what a dozen or so hubcap chrome spinners will go for:razz: .

It sounds like you guys like the euro shelves........maybe after i talk to walmart i will look into the parcel shelves.

cwlouis 09-08-2005 10:55 PM

It sounds like you guys like the euro shelves........maybe after i talk to walmart i will look into the parcel shelves.

this should be a DIY item?

Blown-Lone-Star 09-09-2005 06:08 PM

not DIY but a group buy system for PURCHASING power....or something to that effect.

cwlouis 09-10-2005 04:54 PM

i'm open for one..=)