North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/hawaii-mini-motoring-club-78/)
-   -   Potluck for sunday's Hawaii Pulley Party (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/hawaii-mini-motoring-club/46488-potluck-for-sundays-hawaii-pulley-party.html)

minihune 07-06-2005 01:11 AM

Potluck for sunday's Hawaii Pulley Party

Please join us for a potluck on sunday July 10th at Tiresdirect (old Costco tire shop location) in Salt Lake near TNT tinting and CS Wo.

There is a large empty parking lot, a barbeque with charcoal ready to fire up for lunch and dinner. Since we will be there all day and night doing DIY installs you can drop by anytime from 7am to 8pm on Sunday.

You and your familes are invited to join us, see what the pulley upgrade entails, check out the short shift kit install, see a rear sway bar installed, etc.

Plus Tiresdirect has wheels and tires for sale in sizes that fit the MINI!
Thank you Mitchell and Jeff for allowing us to us your location.

Lets start up a potluck list of stuff for this sunday.

List your name/ number of people/ what you are bringing/your arrival time

Minihune/ one person/ drinks-cups-papergoods/ all day-lunch and dinner

I can also pick up plastic utensils, beer, ice, make rice, bring buns and rolls, hotdogs and frozen pattys from costco.

Kohu'ulaMINI 07-08-2005 02:29 AM

Kohu'ulaMINI.....one, maybe three, around one-ish/bringing condiments (mustard, catsup, relish, mayo), aluminum pans, paper towels, and maybe some ribs.

If no one volunteers, I could also bring an important staple......rice.:thumbsup:

Blown-Lone-Star 07-09-2005 06:25 AM

Im gonna be there around threeish or so. I will bring some Fresh Guacamole, with chips.

minihune 07-09-2005 09:37 AM

anyone else planning to come on over for the potluck at Tiresdirect?
Please post here.

You can come over to us after the MINI and a movie (11am to 1pm) and just visit. :razz: :grin:

bellybean329 07-09-2005 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by minihune
anyone else planning to come on over for the potluck at Tiresdirect?
Please post here.

You can come over to us after the MINI and a movie (11am to 1pm) and just visit. :razz: :grin:

That sounds good, but where is this place? I know...I'm always the one who needs directions! :lol: Also, what can I bring? What do you all need?

bgrpph 07-09-2005 06:09 PM

I'll be at SCCA track day tomorrow- running until 2pm or so. I'll stop by there on way back probably in late afternoon 3 to 4 or so.

Barry

kbseto 07-10-2005 12:14 AM

i plan on stopping by after the mini and a movie thing...not sure what i'll bring

minihune 07-10-2005 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by bellybean329
That sounds good, but where is this place? I know...I'm always the one who needs directions! :lol: Also, what can I bring? What do you all need?

I'll be at the meeting for the officers about 10am then off to tiresdirect.

Contact person Mitchell
http://www.tiresdirect.peachhost.com/Home.htm
4400 H Lawehana Street Honolulu, HI 96818, behind CS WO in the old Costco Tire Center in Salt Lake. Our Ph#(808) 422-6303
email to TiresDirect@mitchell-ent.com

I have paper plates, cups, utensils, drinks, ice, chips
Kohu is bringing rice and condiments

We could use, some sort of fruit, salad, dessert, side dish

I was thinking of stopping at Costco for Boca burgers, Polish Franks, hot dog and hamburger buns.

The shop has the barbeque, charcoal and lighter.

minihune 07-11-2005 03:23 AM

Many thanks to Mitchell and Ron at tiresdirect for allowing us to potluck nearly all day in Salt Lake.

Pretty good turnout! Good to see all of you who made it.

Many thanks to those who brought things to eat, cook, or drink.
More thanks to those who did the cooking :razz:
The most exotic food was kbseto's sweet potatoe manapua- Eric liked those.
:razz: :lol: :razz: :lol: :razz: :lol:

The kids seemed to do very well playing with their cars and hanging
while the adults "played with their cars".

Ruel had the cool 1/5th scale RC mini in the parking lot doing mini autoX with my orange cones.

We stayed until very late :sad:
Some of us were out past our bedtime :lol: :wink: