Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

Hello HMMC

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 AM
Tweedi
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello HMMC

Aloha,

That represents almost all the Hawaiian my wife has been able to teach me over the course of our 16 year marriage. Maybe I should see if Rosetta Stone has a Hawaiian language track I could use.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I got "spotted" by Abuzavi at Schofield and he suggested I take trip to this forum and introduce myself. I'm at work a little late (or early depending on how you look at it) and figured I'd take the time to say hi since I've got some time to burn.

I recently adopted a Mini from another gentleman. Some of you may have even seen the "TWEEDI" at events in Hawaii. I'm hoping to make my way to those events and making friends. I don't have alot of friends but ya gotta start somewhere. The combination of Mini's and Hawaii seemed to be the perfect mix so I figured I'd give it a shot.

My primary residence is on the Big Island but I wasn't able to find work there so I have an apartment on Oahu and work here as well. I've only recently returned to the Islands; I was stationed here at Bellows AFS (REAL Hard Duty ) '89-'92 and am happy to be back permanently.

I'm a recent US Air Force retiree (but I ain't THAT old) and now a USAF contractor and I have my weekends free. I'd like to have a little more to do on my weekends besides laundry and grocery shopping so if you folks wouldn't mind helping with that I'd appreciate it.

At any rate, the work I'm in to do can't get done so I'm going to head back to my hole in the wall to catch a few ZZzzz's before I have to be back in two hours to try to get this computer network back into shape. I can be reached via hotmail (Charlie.Shaffer) and I've got my notifications from here pointed there so you can pretty much reach me anytime unless I'm riding the "pillow express".

Take it easy and thanks for taking the time to read the post and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for that pesky puddy tat! I tawt I taw him awound hewe somewhewe.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Aloha Tweedi,

Yes, many of us know your adopted MINI very well. I think the past owner also was part of the Corvette club.

I look forward to meeting you soon. Many of us will be at the auto-cross event (SCCA Solo) held at the Aloha Stadium parking lot this coming Sunday (Nov. 2nd). The following Sunday (Nov. 9th) we will be at the Aloha Tower for our third annual MINI to the MAX event put together by the local dealer. You should stop by and say hello.

I think you'll find more posting on our club's (Hawaii MINI Motoring Club) forum here : http://www.hawaiiminiclub.org/forums/. You can also get the lasting happenings there too.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Tweedi
1st Gear
Is there anything special I should know if (when is more likely) I show up to the events. I'm new to the HMMC (or ANY MMC for that matter) and would like to alienate as few folks as possible. I'd like to make a good impression.

Also, Abuzavi said someone from HMMC might be able to help me check the reason for my SES activating. I had it serviced and they found P2097. I've read up on it and am hoping someone may have the equipment I'd need to get it cleared out. 87 octane is what I suspect is the issue and I've since gone to 92 (and up with octane boost). I have alot to learn about Mini care... .

Yeah, Barry's wife said if he wanted the new Corvette he was eyeballin' he'd have to give up his Mini. Would almost feel sorry for him if it weren't for the fact that I got to adopt his Mini because of it....

Finally, I've got no Auto-cross experience (sheltered from birth to adulthood). I'm assuming it has to do with adrenaline and Mini's but I may be wrong.

Thanks for checking and replying to my post. I look forward to meeting the lot of you.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Hey Tweedi, just make sure you memorize the Royal MINI Handshake (it's on our club website) when you show up to the events and introduce yourself. Nah, I am just kidding. We are a bunch of easy going folks so no shame and come by and say "hi" - I look forward to meeting you.

Yes, many of us will be able to erase your code; in fact, I'll be sure to keep my OBD2 reader in my car for the next few gatherings.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love those calling cards. They work wonders!

(Welcome to the club!)