WTF- GP2 Exhaust Switched?

Old 03-05-2017, 03:56 PM
32 ft. per sec2
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF- GP2 Exhaust Switched?

I picked up my GP2 from the dealer the other day, after getting some minor body work done, and discovered that the exhaust tips aren't what I remembered. These are chrome and mine had a nice blue hue, plus the muffler isn't as clean as mine was. The tips are shaped the same way except there's no "John Cooper Works" engraving.

Am I disrembering what the tips look like? I had the dealer check the P/N for the GP2 exhaust against the R56 JCW and they're the same. Regardless, they took pics when it was up on the lift and ordered a replacement exhaust system to check visually because there's no indication in the dealer's system that the tips are engraved.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:11 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Post pics. But the GP2 didn't have the JCW logo on the tips, it was just like the standard factory JCW with polished tips.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-05-2017, 08:28 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Post pics. But the GP2 didn't have the JCW logo on the tips, it was just like the standard factory JCW with polished tips.
What Way says. The signed tips I know at least came on the JCW kit. My brother's GP2 has plain chromed tips and my JCW with JCW kit has signed chromed tips.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:03 PM
petery
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 32 ft. per sec2
I picked up my GP2 from the dealer the other day, after getting some minor body work done, and discovered that the exhaust tips aren't what I remembered. These are chrome and mine had a nice blue hue, plus the muffler isn't as clean as mine was. The tips are shaped the same way except there's no "John Cooper Works" engraving.

Am I disrembering what the tips look like? I had the dealer check the P/N for the GP2 exhaust against the R56 JCW and they're the same. Regardless, they took pics when it was up on the lift and ordered a replacement exhaust system to check visually because there's no indication in the dealer's system that the tips are engraved.
I took these photos before selling my exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails WTF- GP2 Exhaust Switched?-img_0101.jpg   WTF- GP2 Exhaust Switched?-img_0108.jpg  
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM
32 ft. per sec2
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is embarrassing but now the body shop is saying they didn't remove the exhaust (have pics) to perform their work so I guess my age is starting to show. But I still think the tips were engraved and had a blue hue to them.

Search this Thread