Driving Light Covers for GP and JCW?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Apex_speed
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Driving Light Covers for GP and JCW?

I have a 2013 GP and would really like to find some driving light covers as they can't be covered in clear-bra as they are too domed. These are for the driving lights in the lower bumper to the outside of the brake ducts, not the add-on rally style lights that go above the bumper in front of the grill.

Anyone have any ideas?

They should also be the same part as on the post 2010 JCW Aero Kit cars and probably some others. I have looked around a bit and talked to the dealer with no luck.

Last edited by Apex_speed; 01-07-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
GEN2 driving light covers (factory) also avail in white

http://www.outmotoring.com/driving-l...ver-black.html

Replacement driving light covers that ONLY fit the factory Gen2 (see notes below) MINI driving lights.

Any MINI that has the factory installed driving light kit. This is ONLY for the light kit that is designed for the Gen2 and Gen3 MINI models

Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Apex_speed
1st Gear
Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, these are for the factory driving lights in the lower bumper to the outside of the brake cooling ducts, NOT the optional rally style lights that go on top of the bumper in front of the hood grill.

These covers look like they are for the rally lights so the search goes on.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Apex_speed
I have a 2013 GP and would really like to find some driving light covers as they can't be covered in clear-bra as they are too domed. These are for the driving lights in the lower bumper to the outside of the brake ducts, not the add-on rally style lights that go above the bumper in front of the grill.

Anyone have any ideas?

They should also be the same part as on the post 2010 JCW Aero Kit cars and probably some others. I have looked around a bit and talked to the dealer with no luck.

do you want a clear protective coating on them? If so Laminex would work ,I think

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/g/album/3800167

Old 01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Apex_speed
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JPMM
do you want a clear protective coating on them? If so Laminex would work ,I think

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/g/album/3800167

Sadly, no. They are too domed to cover with film or they would have clear-bra like my headlights and front end (full wrap on entire front end).

Old 01-18-2017, 08:04 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Odd your fog lights can't be covered in LaminX or the sort. I've got a 2012 Coupe, so a post-2010 Aerokit car, and mine were able to be covered. Do you have LED foglights (the ones that have a halo used as daytime lights)?

Old 01-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Apex_speed
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Agbullet25
Odd your fog lights can't be covered in LaminX or the sort. I've got a 2012 Coupe, so a post-2010 Aerokit car, and mine were able to be covered. Do you have LED foglights (the ones that have a halo used as daytime lights)?
Yes, mine have the running lights on top.

I did order a kit from Headlight armor that is a thicker film and supposed to work so we will see.

My guys here are as good as they get in the bra and complete wrap department and they wouldn't do the ones on the GP.