North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   GP Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/gp-talk-420/)
-   -   Any San Francisco Bay Area GP Owners? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/gp-talk/275079-any-san-francisco-bay-area-gp-owners.html)

smyers528 08-06-2014 05:46 PM

Any San Francisco Bay Area GP Owners?

Greetings Mini owners, I just did the first leg of MTTS and caught the GP bug, I used to have a WC50, but sold it for a Porsche 993. Im missing the Mini experience so much, Im considering selling the 993 and the GTS, and purchasing one of the few remaining new GP's.

Are there any Bay Area owners who wouldnt mind a ride-a-long, or perhaps a meetup at Cars & Coffee? Ive found a couple potential cars, all far away, and am wondering how similar the experience is to the WC50.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

JackMac 08-06-2014 07:26 PM

Hi Shawn. Glad you still have the MINI bug. I really liked my WC50 too, but the GP2 takes things to another level. Hope it works out for you!

- John

MINIIZM 08-09-2014 07:28 AM

I have GP2 #0071. I am up in the Sac area. If you get up here I can give you a ride, perhaps even let you drive! You will love it.

smyers528 08-19-2014 10:18 AM

Thanks it would be great to come up and experience the GP, I haven't been able to find a local one. I would be happy to swap and let you drive the GTS if you want....thanks!

jrs66 08-20-2014 04:00 PM

A GTS AND a Gp? Any chance you can introduce me to your wife? ;).

smyers528 08-20-2014 08:55 PM

Heh, girlfriend, so you still have a chance.......

Im still looking to check out a GP in the Bay area, the ride will get mentioned on the Motor Trend podcast......

Best.

fjork_duf 08-20-2014 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by smyers528 (Post 3977948)
Heh, girlfriend, so you still have a chance.......

Im still looking to check out a GP in the Bay area, the ride will get mentioned on the Motor Trend podcast......

Best.

Dude! do you have or had a 2k1 m coupe? My biggest mistake was selling my 2002 M Coupe.

Also aren't automotive journalists supposed to think the GP was a waste of money?

smyers528 08-21-2014 01:49 PM

I dont have the M-Coupe anymore, loved that car!

Waste of money is relative, the GTS is fantastic, but to get to that feeling I need to be on a track. My previous x2 Mini's provided a ton of smiles during daily driving, and I find myself missing that.

The GTS would go, and be replaced by the GP, provided the drive was different, yet complimentary to my old WC50. The search continues......

fjork_duf 08-21-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by smyers528 (Post 3978262)
I dont have the M-Coupe anymore, loved that car!

Waste of money is relative, the GTS is fantastic, but to get to that feeling I need to be on a track. My previous x2 Mini's provided a ton of smiles during daily driving, and I find myself missing that.

The GTS would go, and be replaced by the GP, provided the drive was different, yet complimentary to my old WC50. The search continues......

Yeah I feel the same way about MINIs. I always get the 3rd degree from "real enthusiasts" but honestly I prefer FWD. There I said it.