North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   GP Talk (2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/gp-talk-2006-169/)
-   -   GP stock or aftermarket gauges (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/gp-talk-2006/86502-gp-stock-or-aftermarket-gauges.html)

TagURit 12-10-2006 07:36 PM

GP stock or aftermarket gauges

Hey guys, I need to install an oil and boost gauges on either side of my tach on my SASSYGP, GP#0515. The only problem is that I want the faces of the gauges to be the same as the others, (anthracite):nod:. Has anybody found anything out there for this yet, or am I just going to have to be stuck with the white faced gauges.:sad: Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!:thumbsup:

THE ITCH 12-11-2006 05:57 AM

I am also interested in this. I plan on adding oil temp and pressure and may go with the "A" piller mount. Gage faces that match the GP would be great.

TagURit 12-11-2006 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by THE ITCH (Post 1264250)
I am also interested in this. I plan on adding oil temp and pressure and may go with the "A" piller mount. Gage faces that match the GP would be great.

Hey Itch, I've been looking for gauges ever since I've brought my "SASSYGP" home over a month ago, but it seems that I may have to wait until someone sees the need for the anthracite gauges for the GP. Just like they had to make a special car cover for them as well. I was hoping that they would have seen the special need for these cars, (accessories, floor mats, car covers, gauges, etc...) to match the GP's theme:roll:, this way owners could have access to stuff for their cars:sly: .

G. P. Burdell 12-11-2006 07:03 AM

Check out the black-faced Ocean Line gauges from VDO. You can choose from several different bezel colors. I had a set of the white-faced, aluminum-bezel gauges in my Cooper. Once you change out the standard red bulbs for clear bulbs and orange bulb covers, the gauge illumination is an excellent match for the stock instrument illumination.

MOTORN 12-11-2006 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TagURit (Post 1263913)
Hey guys, I need to install an oil and boost gauges on either side of my tach on my SASSYGP, GP#0515. The only problem is that I want the faces of the gauges to be the same as the others, (anthracite):nod:. Has anybody found anything out there for this yet, or am I just going to have to be stuck with the white faced gauges.:sad: Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!:thumbsup:

While not perfect, this is what I did.:)

TagURit 12-14-2006 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MOTORN (Post 1265380)
While not perfect, this is what I did.:)

Hey guys, thanks for the info on the gauges, I appreciate it:thumbsup: Those black faced ones are probably the closest ones yet.

GBMINI 12-14-2006 06:39 PM

I wonder if Todd could create appropriately colored decals to use over an existing gauge?

GoodFinder 01-10-2007 07:04 AM

TagURit - What did you end up doing? Pics? We need to do a D/FW area MINI lunch with special focus on all the local GP owners!