GP Talk (2006) Discussion of the limited edition, MINI Cooper S (R53)-based, John Cooper Works GP.

Break in proceedures for stored GP

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:04 AM
CanAm68
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@GP0839....Looks like you are making progress getting your break in miles behind you. Just wanted to throw my .02 cents into the tire ring. I run a set of aftermarket rims on my GP. I still have the stock ones but one of the rims is slightly bent and I haven't addressed it yet. Plus the tires are worn on the original rims. I had a new set of tires on the aftermarket rims so it was a no brainer. The aftermarkets are a set of ROTA RB finished in hyper black...they look great on a GP imo. They are 17" though so Im not sure what size they come in for 18" rims. The tires I use are the Hankook Ventus V12. They are extreme summer with a tread wear rating of 300 I think. I get around 20k miles on them. I get them through Discount Tire. They go on sale a couple of times a year. usually about $100 a tire...but when onsale...offer a gift card for $70-100 off! So I end up getting a whole set of new tires...installed for $450! They aren't Michelin Pilot Sports....but for the money....they certainly aren't that bad. Keep us posted.