General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Team dynamics wheels and ecs! Warning!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:34 AM
bilal074
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Team dynamics wheels and ecs! Warning!!

Hello, I want to share a recent experience ordering Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels from ECS Tunning.

It all started a April last year, spring is upon us and excited for the season to do some light Track days and get some summer tires on. I ordered the TD wheel from ECS and waited and waited some more, finally in JULY was told that those wheels will not be coming, the supplier can re-purposed some golf wheels by boring them out to fit my mini. I hesitantly agreed because I'm still riding on my new winter wheels and they are starting to show excessive wear driving in warm weather.

Six months later TD wheel from ECS, excited I had pre-ordered a set of tires and booked shop time so when they got here i would have it all ready. I get to the shop and the wheels DONT FIT!!!! they bored them to 62mm and not 66.6 as expected. I call ECS they say send them back. PAID THE SHOP OUT OF POCKET FOR SHOP TIME and shop agreed to hold the tires for me until new replacement wheels show up. Late December still on my winter tires all worn out (1200 down the drain) I get the second set of wheel this time (damaged full of scratches) I had a suspicion that just send me the same wheels that didn't fit. So I jack up the car and try the wheels SAME PROBLEM they don't fit again!

At this point I have made over 25 calls to ECS waited close to a year and with customes, taxes, shoptime, and worn out winter tires I'm at almost 1800$ loss not to mention the 800$ set of tires that are sitting at the shop.

I call ECS and ask to speak to Chris, he hears me out and offers me about a 350$ discount shipped to my door for free. I felt like this does not make up for any of my losses or time wasted driving to pick up wheels and drop off for shipping back and forth, calls, out of pocket expenses and just over all frustration.

So I order a set of TD wheels again this time 7.5 inch instead of 8 so they don't just send me the same set again. waited a few months I look and my order is canceled I get an email that the wheels are discontinued but they are still selling them to this day on the website. So i order a different set that showed in stock a month later (this week) that set is also canceled. So now I have a set of 17inch tires and zero options for 17inch wheels that i like. I call NeuSpeed and they recommend the RSE11 (i have the rse05 already its my winter wheel which are still on the car now). Having no other choice I went for the RSE11 just so i don't lose my little discount.

Anyways, I don't want to ***** on ECS as usually they are very helpful, however this time I don't feel like they fully appreciate the trouble and loss that I took on their mistakes.

I'm now waiting for the RSE11 neuspeed wheels. I will have to discuss the tires with the shop to see if he can take them back with a restocking fee and probably order some 18 inch tires instead.

PLEASE DON'T ORDER TEAM DYNAMIC WHEELS, especially from ECS you will just end up waiting or worse get damaged wheels that don't fit like i did over and over again.

I hope this saves someone from all the trouble I had wasted time, having to kiss a__ on the phone with ECS for a year to get help so i don't lose all the time and energy that was wasted.

The worst part about this is the treatment from Chris and ECS in general like they did me a favor by knocking off a few bucks, I do appreciate it but an appologie would go a long way not me kissing_ass to get help.

will post some photos when the wheels are finally on. (they didn't want to use fast shipping so let's see how long they take to get here, i mean i waited a year so far)

Billo
f56 JCW white silver

Last edited by bilal074; 03-08-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: just review to make more sense on the topic
The following users liked this post:
Minnie.the.Moocher (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 08:01 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Just PM you, sorry to hear that, I will bring this up to my team. Team dynamics was going through multiple transitional periods and was touch and go for a short time. Thanks for bringing this up.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Hopefully, this is just a one-off situation because I had nothing but a wonderful experience from ECS when I ordered my Team Dynamic wheels from ECS.

Mike and staff when out of their way to keep me updated on shipping and when to arrive them I got them within 2 weeks of ordering.

Remember, they are just middlemen, they don't actually bore the wheels out. If that was an error it was from Forgeline the importer.

Like ECS mentioned Team Dynamics is in complete shambles right now. Outmotoring who has carried them for years dropped them a while ago.

Last edited by Mini_Vinnie; 03-10-2019 at 05:26 AM.
ECSTuning (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:24 AM
bilal074
1st Gear
Would love to think that it's just a one off, but I placed 4 separate orders. Yes the team was nice but at the same time never really fully absorbed the issue i was having. As a matter of fact the same wheels that I returned and did not fit were listed on sale on the site a week later. I called and explained that those wheels don't fit and that someone will run into the same issue, hoping to save someone a headache and the sales guy just ignored my feedback and didn't get what i was trying to explain.

I called customer service to warned them not to resell the wheel since they don't fit, but wheels were still listed. so it's not about nice or not nice. yes they are nice I get great service, but the issue is not about nice or not nice.

Thanks,
B

Old 03-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Just PM you, sorry to hear that, I will bring this up to my team. Team dynamics was going through multiple transitional periods and was touch and go for a short time. Thanks for bringing this up.
No, don't even mention Team Dynamics. It's all on ECS as the seller. Fix the OP's issues to his satisfaction and keep a good reputation from suffering over **** poor customer service.

bilal074 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
No, don't even mention Team Dynamics. It's all on ECS as the seller. Fix the OP's issues to his satisfaction and keep a good reputation from suffering over **** poor customer service.
We are sorry this happened and we are on it. I am always here for you guys.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
bilal074 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
If TD drilled the wrong wheels and shipped them, how is it ECS's fault? More than likely they direct shipped so ECS didnt even get a chance to see them (purely a guess). I cant speak for the shipping back and events that transpired after though

And now im ticked, I never got a discount from ECS .......

Old 03-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
The only reason ECS isn't openly trashed on this corporate forum is the sponsor dollars.

Did you enjoy your wine voucher you got with your wheels?

Old 03-08-2019, 10:32 AM
bilal074
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Thank you I really appreciate your kind message and reply. Look forward to hearing from you to discuss further, I have no doubt that ECS is a great company that strives to ensure that customers and satisfied, I think this was a unique situation and do feel that the source of the issue was not 100% ECS however, would like to discuss with you to ensure that at least someone fully absorbs the issue and goes after the source of the problem

I'm very happy to know that someone cares.

Thank you,
B.

ECSTuning (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:36 AM
rondayvous
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Sucks to not get what you want.

What happens after you don't get what you want is determined by maturity and experience.

Mistakes happen, I don't like them any more than the next person. The real question is how has the vendor treated you, have they tried to make it right, or tried to screw you? I've dealt with both types of merchants ... I'll give you a free guess which I prefer to deal with.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
If TD drilled the wrong wheels and shipped them, how is it ECS's fault? More than likely they direct shipped so ECS didnt even get a chance to see them (purely a guess). I cant speak for the shipping back and events that transpired after though

And now im ticked, I never got a discount from ECS .......
Because they are the seller. They probably should know not to outsource wheels that have been custom machined. What if the wheels actually did fit but where not drilled straight and caused a dangerous situation for the OP?

As a business owner many times over, whenever I contracted out work I took 100% responsibility and rectified any bad situation as fast as humanly possible. I also would not have allowed a drop ship to occur, I'd just pass on the sale and tell the customer I didn't feel comfortable filling the order.

Old 11-25-2023, 03:41 PM
Roadhugger58
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I hear it (in short) - A company, Rimstock, owned the Team Dynamics name for certain period of years. Rimstock is not a wheel company by design, they are a buying group. They had a deal with Team Dynamics for the name and the product along with the original owners son, Matt Neal. Who at the time was a Championship British Touring car driver. When Covid hit everything blew up, as we all know. Although the incident above happened before Covid, remember Rimstock is not really a wheel manufacturer. There in lies the real problem, Rimstock was in the process of destroying the Team Dynamics wheel name with gross mismanagement and distribution, before Covid hit. Shortly thereafter, when Covid did actually happen, the foundry where the TD wheels were made, closed forever. Since Rimstock doesn't own any wheel making machinery themselves, that caused more problems. Since all that has transpired over the years, Rimstock went into bankruptcy, but of late they have been bought again. The good news is, the original owners of Team Dynamics now have all the rights to the Team Dynamics wheels, and are moving full speed ahead. North America has a dealer (for several years now) and things are back on track. I'm sure ECS had and has all good intentions but there hands were somewhat tied and maybe they weren't really getting all the info they were entitled to at the time.

Old 11-25-2023, 04:03 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 498 Likes on 347 Posts
Interesting very first forum post from a new NAM member WRT this old T-D wheels topic. My own R53 has circa 2006 T-D wheels from early in that year but a model version subsequently discontinued (replaced by Pro Race 1.2). Curious though, on your objective posting this after 4.5 yrs? If pertains to a business aspect, please disclose for all interested. T-D wheels remain advertised on @ECS Tuning's website, typically subject to several months backorder. Unsure whether any newly produced wheels are arriving but accurate info would be helpful.